PDA

View Full Version : Wabamun access points?

Geezle
02-20-2011, 10:26 AM
Just wondering if somebody familiar with Wab can help me out with some access points. I've only really gone on by the dock in town and by the sailing club. I know that I can also get on at Fallis, Seba Beach and I'm assuming the provincial park, though I don't hear about anybody going out there.

I was thinking about doing some more exploring out there and was wanting to see what it's like more on the South side of the lake, or even the southwest kinda corner where it seems like less people go.

I've been looking at the Google map but sometimes it's hard to tell if there's access at the end of some of those roads or not (like Point Allison)

sureshot
02-20-2011, 11:01 AM
I took a drive by the provincial park access last weekend you can't get in there. Looks like they never plowed it all year.

Andy

Geezle
02-20-2011, 11:07 AM
I took a drive by the provincial park access last weekend you can't get in there. Looks like they never plowed it all year.

Andy

Thanks for the heads up...looks like I won't be heading out that way!

mooseknuckle
02-20-2011, 11:08 AM
Jay I would avoid the PP. Even if you could get on it's a shallow bay that produces very little and the only way out is under the rail bridge which just put you in the water!!

You should try seba!! There's a weed line directly south of the main pier and along there is usually pretty good. I believe they are setting up to build a new pier there so you may be able to get on the main area but just south of there. There is a road if the gate is open you can access the lake on. The gate is usually open every winter for snowmobiles.

As for the south end I'm not sure you might want to take a little drive and see what you can find.

zepf
02-20-2011, 01:04 PM
The gate was open on the southside friday when I drove home from work.It is located right across the road from the transalta main entrance.It has been closed since the train spill.Only saw one person on the ice and he didn t drive on.I work at the mine so I will monitor it.