PDA

View Full Version : driftwood at spray

whitewolf
02-20-2011, 11:58 AM
thinking of hitting driftwood on monday as the walk at sparrowhawk kills my leg...any thoughts as i havent heard anyone talking about it this year...tips or water depth....thanking you all in advance....

Braun
02-20-2011, 01:19 PM
like everywhere else at spray, the farther you walk out the better. all the steeper drop offs are on the opposite side of the lake. however. i have talked to several people who say they have been catching lakers in 20ft of water off the boat launch. check some of the other spray threads for tips but i would suggest to try different holes throughout the day if you can. if you only have a hand auger it can be dificult but if you have a power auger. just drill a bunch of holes at the start of the day and switch up the holes once in a while.

what we do is set up our tent with the heater and fish in there for a while then when the bites die off, one of us would go try some of the other holes we drilled and then come back and fish the tent.

Dukewild
02-20-2011, 03:29 PM
Was at spray on wednesday morning for the whites before heading to lower K. The bite was good off the boat launch first light till before 10. There was quite abit of flood water made the walking abit of a pain. And exspecilly pulling out alot of gear.

plan on getting out first thing tomorow morning, hopefully its frozen up abit more then it was last week

Braun
02-20-2011, 03:57 PM
sounds like spray will be busy tomorrow. how many FOW do you fish for whites in?

bubbles
02-20-2011, 04:04 PM
Went to spray this morning snow was deep and not packed down was quite the hike!

only hooked 2 fish one on a buzz bomb and one on a pickle rig.

whitewolf
02-20-2011, 05:23 PM
thats why i was thinking driftwood as it is a flat walk out compared to sparrowhawk...would the whites be in about 20 foot of water also

bubbles
02-20-2011, 06:27 PM
thats why i was thinking driftwood as it is a flat walk out compared to sparrowhawk...would the whites be in about 20 foot of water also

Don't know for sure i like to fish in 70-110 FOW.

Never fished around driftwood only in sparrowhawk.
I'm planning on going again in 2 weeks weather depending and i might try just walking out from the boat launch and try my luck there. I noticed good paths walking out and all the snow is packed down.