PDA

View Full Version : favorite place to camp/fish

prosnowsk8er
02-20-2011, 05:56 PM
trying to plan out a few weekend camping trips for the summer, was wondering if anyone had any input for me as to a good place,, bc, alberta or sask,

we tent camp, but power hook ups are a bonus, i'm really looking for good fishing! lol

Cheers,

Topwater
02-20-2011, 06:05 PM
Saskatchewan has some pretty nice campgrounds. Nipawin Regional park is popular. One of the nicest golf coarses in the province and the fishins not bad either. :)

Topwater
02-20-2011, 06:13 PM
I'm partial to Nipawin but one of the most buetiful places we've ever camped would be Many Islands on the Peace River by Worsley. No services down there but lots of huge trees and right on the Mighty Peace. Fishin can be humbling on the Peace

Jwood 456
02-20-2011, 06:39 PM
Clear Water BC is my personal favorite place to camp. It's right near Wells Gray Provincial Park where the scenery is very stunningly nice. The park is covered with highly lush forest and massive trees. I do most of my fishing at clear water lake in the park. The lake is surrounded by snow capped mountains, and large tree covered hills. The fishing action for rainbow trout on good days can be non stop with the fish averaging 12'' to 16''. Besides fishing, there are many cool hiking trails to go on and water falls to see. The weather on many days is sunny and hot as well.

fallen1817
02-20-2011, 07:22 PM
I personally Love Phyllis lake, near Caroline. Great fishing on most days... Never got to camp there, but I always wanted to. It has a nice surrounding area as well.