PDA

View Full Version : Restricted pal

borchy
02-22-2011, 10:22 PM
Hey guys I currently have my pal non restricted and want to get my restricted licence. I know there is a course to take. What other hoops are there to jump through to get it ?

Frans
02-22-2011, 10:42 PM
The application after you take the course.

borchy
02-23-2011, 06:34 PM
What about someone who has no pal can they take the restricted course?

slopeshunter
02-23-2011, 08:55 PM
You have to get your PAL before you can get your RPAL.

borchy
02-23-2011, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the info.

twofifty
02-24-2011, 08:50 PM
You do not have to apply for the non-restricted PAL, then later for a Restricted PAL. If you apply once for both classes of firearms, you will be issued a PAL with both endorsements on the back.

Borchy, speed things up by:

- taking the long gun course and the restricted course in whatever order suits your schedule. Be sure to be tested at the end of each course, and be sure to get a copy of your test results from the instructor. Some instructors will combine the subject matter in a back-to-back fashion.

- when you complete the Application for a Possession/Acquisition License form, in box 2a check off the Non-restricted and Restricted boxes.

whitetailhntr
02-24-2011, 10:30 PM

Really?? I took my pal and rpal course at the same time . one course, one application and waited 4 to 6 months for it to come in the mail. Pretty easy actually. Although that was a while ago....

hillbillyreefer
02-24-2011, 10:33 PM

There is no requirement to have one before the other. You don't have to own non restricted before restricteds either.

Where does this crap come from?

Rod1960
02-24-2011, 10:36 PM
Really?? I took my pal and rpal course at the same time . one course, one application and waited 4 to 6 months for it to come in the mail. Pretty easy actually. Although that was a while ago....

Typo? 2 years ago when I did both it only took 5 weeks. Did the challange exams in mid September and had my RPAL at the end of October.

hillbillyreefer
02-24-2011, 10:37 PM

Yes.

Most of the new licensee's I know do the rpal course even if they don't want restricted at the time. You are there doing the course, why not get the rpal, a bit more time, and you have it. No hassles when you decide to go restricted.