PDA

View Full Version : Enchant Park Pond

Lappy
02-23-2011, 09:27 AM
Just wondering if anyone has been out to Enchant Pond this ice season. I see some posts on here from open water season. Is it worth the drive or should a guy go further south to Sherburn to find some perch?

AlbertaAngler
02-23-2011, 10:56 AM
Lots of tiny perch that aren't hard to catch but you can't keep any. Fun for the kids if you just want to get some action.

Fishfinder
02-23-2011, 03:50 PM
Hmm, didn't know u can't keep any perch outta there, not that there's any worthy of the fry pan lol. There are some small rainbows in there that u can however keep...up to 5 if ya want. That being said, the catch rate for perch to trout in that lake is about 50-1:sHa_sarcasticlol:
Agreed fun place to go for some easy fishn, I'll be returning this summer for our 3rd family reunion in a row there. Please God, keep the hail away this time...pretty please:scared0018:
Sorry OP, to answer your question, have not fished there through the ice. Wayne may know the conditions. If your looking for some keepers, Sherburne is a better idea imo.
Cheers n GL!:)

calgarygringo
02-23-2011, 05:44 PM
Shoot Wayne Christie a PM. He has been known to fish there quite often if I remember correctly. He lives near there as well and locals know best.

WayneChristie
02-23-2011, 07:42 PM
Unfortunately yes, you cant keep any, because its a stocked trout pond. there are a few decent sized ones, but most are small. the odd nice trout in there too, caught one last winter about 2 pounds. if the road isnt plowed bring shovels, they dont often plow the park road and the drifts get pretty deep.