PDA

View Full Version : North buck lake

finner-duramax
02-23-2011, 04:29 PM
Hey guys,
any info on this lake?
was planning on going this weekend.
driving on? any flood water?
i have a lifted truck with good tires so if there isn't any flood water i should be good to go?

any information would be great. thanks

Safety D
02-23-2011, 05:26 PM
That lake is Flatlined !!!!!!

finner-duramax
02-23-2011, 05:32 PM
in other words?

Icefishin
02-23-2011, 05:32 PM
I asked about this lake a week ago and nothing. And too add to it you get a stupid reply from safety D like all his replies "it's dead" grow up man! If all you have to say about every fishery is it's dead whether it is or not then, then find something else to do, you obviously don't fish enough cause most of these lakes are perfectly fine for having fish in them. I'm tempted to say your as bad as happy perch fisher.

finner-duramax
02-23-2011, 05:44 PM
yeah i have heard of people catching fish, i was just wondering about the access on the lake, this forum is getting so bad because of poeple like safety D being stubborn d-icks

Dust1n
02-23-2011, 05:49 PM
im a happy perch fisher :) lol but ya only when im on snipe lake. but most people say that the lake is dead dont belive them its a good fishery its jut that ppl are getting sick of seeing fisherys lost

C@RN@GE
02-23-2011, 08:02 PM
I asked about this lake a week ago and nothing. And too add to it you get a stupid reply from safety D like all his replies "it's dead" grow up man! If all you have to say about every fishery is it's dead whether it is or not then, then find something else to do, you obviously don't fish enough cause most of these lakes are perfectly fine for having fish in them. I'm tempted to say your as bad as happy perch fisher.

While just because u believe that undersized pike and remnants of a few jumbo perch that are about 12+ years old is good fishing. This lake is collapsed just like most other lakes. But just because you go out and catch 2 55 cm pike and see a couple perch that are about twice as smart as you assume everything is fine.

uplander
02-23-2011, 08:04 PM
Carnage , safety d says the same sh*t in all his comments like literally everything he says is how dead every single lake is

C@RN@GE
02-23-2011, 08:10 PM
Carnage , safety d says the same sh*t in all his comments like literally everything he says is how dead every single lake is

While most of the lakes that he calls dead are collapsed or fishing turns off during the winter.

horsetrader
02-23-2011, 08:15 PM
While most of the lakes that he calls dead are collapsed or fishing turns off during the winter.

It's strange how when someone can't catch fish or does not know how to fish a lake or a time of year they automatically say the lake is dead!!!!!!

C@RN@GE
02-23-2011, 08:16 PM
It's strange how when someone can't catch fish or does not know how to fish a lake or a time of year they automatically say the lake is dead!!!!!!

Yah go catch a couple undersized pike and think your a good fishermen.

horsetrader
02-23-2011, 08:19 PM
Yah go catch a couple undersized pike and think your a good fishermen.

Learn to fish and become a fisherman you may even enjoy it then. :)

Safety D
02-23-2011, 09:21 PM
Thanks Cornage if someone thinks North Buck is a fantastic fishery I think they are the glue sniffers.

Icefishin
02-23-2011, 09:23 PM
What people need to realize in this province is that the days of the 80's fisheries are long gone! Increased population and increased licenses sold, to a growing industry along with lower water levels, warmer climate, and increased weed growth, not to mention technological advances we use to fish are having an adverse affect on all our fishable bodies of water(800+). Add on top the cuts made to SRD and you have what we have here on Alberta. If you wanna be negative and don't like it here move to sask or manitoba an wait 20 years for there fisheries to face the same situation. Otherwise be helpful in regards to Ice conditions, techniques and advice, you don't have to give up honey holes or secrets just be helpful.

Icefishin
02-23-2011, 09:27 PM
And if the lake is already collapsed and not good for fishing than what's the harm of sending people their. Also just cause you can't limit out doesn't mean the lake or river is dead. The only thing dead is safety d's posts, and replys and the people that support him. So quit complaining and go find a new place to fish.

Safety D
02-23-2011, 09:30 PM
I never said the D__d word on this so why are people mentioning it. I am not allowed to say it anymore.:thinking-006:

uplander
02-23-2011, 09:30 PM
Carnage the size of fish you catch don't define your skill as a fisherman you could be an unreal fisherman and only catch a couple small fish, a lake like north buck is not dead at all it might not be a trophy lake but its still fishable and u can still have a great time catching some small hammer handles

Safety D
02-23-2011, 09:36 PM
If you want to catch snot rockets all day may I suggest a day out at Hanmore Lake on a nice summer day. Great place to take the kids and last time I was there i caught 30 in an afternoon. So if a guy like me who doesnt have a clue how to fish can catch 30 all the hotshot fisherman on here should be able to catch 90 !!!

Icefishin
02-23-2011, 09:37 PM
Dead, flatlined, or anything else synonymous with dead is the same pile just a different kind. You must be another 15 yr old safety d with nothing better to offer than negative comments. Never seen you offer any advice as far as fishing goes, all your attempts seem to be directed at discouraging people from trying a new place and getting outdoors. Which is better than any day sitting at home.

Safety D
02-23-2011, 09:39 PM
See above same spot this little icon is looking:thinking-006:

horsetrader
02-23-2011, 11:01 PM
Guy's like carnage and safety d will never know what fishing is about so there is no sense trying to explain it to them.To them the easier and the bigger the fish the better it is they don't enjoy fishing and never will. I can fish all day and not catch or I can catch a monster it's all the same. I've hear safety d say lake after lake is dead and gone out and caught fish, Ive heard carnage bitch time and time again about to many people on this lake and that try not bitching and go fishing and you might enjoy yourself but I doubt it don't think you can like anything. So play your little games amuse your little minds, I'M GOING FISHING

Cooder_22
02-24-2011, 10:17 AM
Just to get this thread back on track, I was out at North Buck on Feb 11 and we were the first people to drive on with a truck from the provincial park. We did not run into any flood water but there were a few parts that had some deep snow. We were in a one ton dually and had to shovel a couple of time. If you are going I would recommend a 4x4 and a shovel. The fishing was pretty good we caught 30 keeper perch cooked up six when we got to shore and brought the rest home. Surprisingly we had out tip us in all day and only managed one jack. Here are a few pics of our catch. The largest perch was 13.5 inches.

horsetrader
02-24-2011, 10:25 AM
nice pics cooder great looking perch

awesome for a dead lake:)

good to see thanks

H

Dust1n
02-24-2011, 05:05 PM
nice catch im pretty sure there is a perch limit of 5 though....

J-C
02-24-2011, 05:12 PM
its definitely 15. you must be thinking of south buck or something.

Mike_W
02-24-2011, 05:13 PM
nice catch im pretty sure there is a perch limit of 5 though....

Last I checked it was 15 and one pike under 63 or over 100 cm FYI

Mike_W
02-24-2011, 05:19 PM
As of right now it shows Saftey D as a "suspended user".....can't wait until that says "Banned" we don't need someone like that here that constantly post anoying BS and get the threads off track. I for one am counting the days!!!

Mike

Dust1n
02-24-2011, 05:22 PM
hes a minor give him a break lol. but yeah saying everything is dead when it in fact isnt that is just not right he should just leave

uplander
02-24-2011, 05:28 PM
ya cooter is all legal in his post he says "we" so id gather there was other people with him so as long as there was another person with him he can keep 30

finner-duramax
02-24-2011, 09:51 PM
right on thanks guys for the info,
going there this weekend most likely on saturday, ill be driving a black jacked up duramax with 4 or 5 guys.
come say hello if your out

Kim473
02-25-2011, 04:17 AM
Let us know how the access is finner. I would like to hit Calling soon but afraid my dakota is too low for the deep snow.

Garry B
02-25-2011, 02:11 PM
The fishing was pretty good we caught 30 keeper perch cooked up six when we got to shore and brought the rest home. Surprisingly we had out tip us in all day and only managed one jack. Here are a few pics of our catch. The largest perch was 13.5 inches.

Hi Cooder,

Nice mess of perch. :) May I ask how deep you were fishing to get these guys?

Thanks

Cooder_22
02-25-2011, 02:42 PM
We were in about 8 to 10 FOW

Garry B
02-25-2011, 02:58 PM
We were in about 8 to 10 FOW

Thanks. Not too deep then. Just looked at the lake depth chart and learned Buck is not a deep lake for the most part.

Best regards,

Garry

Kim473
02-27-2011, 07:29 AM
Nice catch. Heard N. Buck and Long were biting good last weekend from a few people. Can't wait, two more weeks then its up to N. Buck. Have seen a few 15" come out of there. I usualy find them in about 12' to 14' fow. Nice when you can watch them down the hole.

fish-slaughter
03-07-2011, 07:22 PM
was out the week after cooder yea old info been outa the loop a bit but me and my homie couldnt keep the perch off all day and went home with a decent haul of 10"+!!! BUT THE LAKE IS DEAD so dont bother going lol!!!!:sHa_sarcasticlol: I know its a bit late but just had to comment on this one!!!!

riskytype
03-07-2011, 08:46 PM
Cooder 22

Nice catch. I'm heading back to that neck of the woods this weekend. Would you share a general area on the lake that you located these hogs? I used to fish the West side years ago? Any tips would be great. I'm taking my buddy from Chipman out with his kids. Would be great to catch something to keep his interest up for the day..

Thanks,

Pat

Cooder_22
03-07-2011, 10:17 PM
I would call it the north side of the lake. On a weekend there will probably be 10 to 15 trucks around that spot. I am probably heading there on wednesday I'll let you know if they are still bitting.

Alberta Bigbore
03-07-2011, 10:59 PM
nice haul in pics!!!

Kim473
03-08-2011, 05:40 AM
Gonna hit it on Sat myself. Hope its driveable. If there not bitting there gonna hit long on the way back to Ed. Anyone been to Amisk lately?

bowhunter79
03-13-2011, 04:56 AM
Is everyone getting on at the Provincial Park? able to get thru with a 4 x 4. Can anyone give me a idea where to fish? We were there beginning of Feb. and caught lots of little ones nothing of any size. Do you need to fish the North side of the lake?

Kim473
03-13-2011, 06:05 AM
Went there yesterday went on at the prov park. was a faily good road out. lot of trucks out to right and down the lake to the far corner were the house. was realy cold, very windy. Saw lots on the cam but were not biteing. If the wind keeped it up into the night you might not be able to get on the main lake as the road on the lake was drifting in as we left. You def will need a good 4 X 4 with good tires. We went to long on the way back and got 5 10" perch in like 1/2 hour. Think you would have better luck at long. If we would have went there all day we probly would have had our limit or close to it. Only one perch at Buck on the ice all day untill 3:30 between three of us. There was a couple on the cam all the time but they did not want to bite a hook.