PDA

View Full Version : ice

feserboy
02-23-2011, 09:11 PM
its safe to drive on chestemere lake right? i was talking to my friend and he was saying that it wasnt.

nicemustang
02-23-2011, 09:18 PM
Depends how you plan to get on. I'm not sure of a spot you can other than the launch and I wouldn't drive under the bridge. Although depends where you are going but I don't think it's necessary to drive on anyway. Where are you fishing?

BTW: 24"+ of ice.

pikester
02-23-2011, 09:24 PM
I've never seen anyone drive onto Chestermere with a car or truck. Not 100% positive but I think the only place you could actually drive on would be the boat launch behind Tim Hortons but it would be pointless because you DEFINITELY shouldn't drive under the 17th Ave bridge even if your vehicle fit under it, the ice can be about 6" thick under there!!! Just take East Chestermere Drive south past the Bible Camp to the dam then walk straight out a hundred yards or so until you find 4'-8' fow then let the games begin :) There is also a little park (& parking lot) beside the lake on East Chestermere Drive just past the firehall; walk straight out from there a hundred yds or so & there are usually pike to be had there as well.

feserboy
02-23-2011, 09:29 PM
im not sure. ive never ice fished there and im new to icefishing so i have no idea lol

nicemustang
02-23-2011, 09:33 PM
I've never seen anyone drive onto Chestermere with a car or truck. Not 100% positive but I think the only place you could actually drive on would be the boat launch behind Tim Hortons but it would be pointless because you DEFINITELY shouldn't drive under the 17th Ave bridge even if your vehicle fit under it, the ice can be about 6" thick under there!!! Just take East Chestermere Drive south past the Bible Camp to the dam then walk straight out a hundred yards or so until you find 4'-8' fow then let the games begin :) There is also a little park (& parking lot) beside the lake on East Chestermere Drive just past the firehall; walk straight out from there a hundred yds or so & there are usually pike to be had there as well.

x2. Lots of pike on the south end. It's probably the best place to go. Park and walk out 200 yrds or so. you'll start to see all the holes, don't drill too early or you might be hitting sand LOL.

And keep an eye out for my chestermere video that I will be uploading tomorrow morning. Just finished it now and it's encoding and I won't be posting until tomorrow. I was fishing in that location.

feserboy
02-23-2011, 09:35 PM
thanks for the info i really apperciate it.