PDA

View Full Version : Lesser slave lake summer fishing

browning375
02-24-2011, 08:40 AM
I have never fished Lesser slave lake before, and wondering if anyone had some tips for catching nice walleye and where some hot spots to try?
Plan on heading up mid to end of june.

huntin'fool
02-24-2011, 08:52 AM
shaw's point. translucsent chartreuse jig tipped with a minnow. 3 to 6 inches off the bottom. if you don't catch more than 60 fish in an outing, try a different colour jig. make sure to hug the bottom.

coors04
02-24-2011, 08:55 AM
I've never fished the lake but I do know slave river below the wire is great fishing early in the spring last years regs let you keep 3 eyes over 50cm and you can get your limit of your willing to fish for a few hours lots of eyes at 49-49.5 so make sure of the length great spring fishing though some nice pike in there to hope this helps

browning375
02-24-2011, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the tips! Any good camping spots for a big fifth wheel close to the lake and boat launch?

Jwood 456
02-24-2011, 10:28 AM
Shaws point resort is located right at shaws point where there is serviced sites with 15 to 30amp power. The boat launch is located right in the campground and there are sights that are basically beside it.

http://shawspointresort.com/index.htm This link goes to the resort's website.

Jwood 456
02-24-2011, 10:52 AM
I also forgot to mention that there is a sharp drop off just east of shaws point locally named "cutbank". This spot is located near the north shore. The people at the campground office would be more than happy to give you the exact directions to find this spot.

superuke
02-24-2011, 07:44 PM
Mid June you can get Walleye anywhere on the lake. Norms Walleye camp on the east end of the lake is a good place to stay if you have a big rig. But you will need to make reservations as they get sold out early. Boat ramp is just a few feet away.

We never use bait and June-July- to mid August you can pick up over 50 plus Walleye in a couple of hours.

Treadmill
06-04-2011, 05:07 PM
Anybody out there possibly have an email address for Norm's Walleye Camp.
Much appreciated.