PDA

View Full Version : WCWT formerly NAWT

I-Love-Eyes
02-24-2011, 04:48 PM
Well, the new website is FINALLY up and running!!

Here is the link:

www.walleyetrail.ca

I-Love-Eyes
02-25-2011, 11:45 AM
So, according to the website, there are only two confirmed tourney dates for 2011

Confirmed Tournament Dates
- Willvil Walleye Tournament /
Friday, June 10th and Saturday, June 11th, 2011
- The Anglers Cup (anglerscup.ca) June 17 &18, 2011

To be confirmed:
- Beaver River Fish and Game assoc. / May ???
- Moose lake Walleye tournament / June ???
- Princecraft/ Mercury Walleye Classic / June ???
- Big River Walleye Classic (bigriverwalleyeclassic.com) / July ???.
- Golden Walleye Classic (goldenwalleyeclassic.com) / September ???.

nicemustang
02-25-2011, 12:16 PM
Big river is confirmed and the golden walleye classic is a given.

nicemustang
02-25-2011, 12:21 PM
Why a Friday? That sucks. Although I don't know pinehurst anyway...but I'm guessing that I won't be able to go.

Hunter Trav
02-25-2011, 01:15 PM
So I went to the site, but couldn't find aything that told me how to enter, or any of the rules or how the tournaments work. Never been to one, but it would be kinda cool to get in on a couple of them...

jiggin4eyes
02-25-2011, 08:56 PM
Wow That was 8$ well spent,Whats with the chick in the canoe and all the salt water reels. Cant believe this is a walleye trail web sight , How did that chick place in the canoe and wheres her live wells, I hope this was donated by somebody who doesnt fish tournments , the sad thing is this website is better than the old one. :angry3::bad_boys_20:

rsako
03-06-2011, 05:00 PM
Which Lesser Slave Lake Walleye tourney is the best to participate in?

The early one based out of Slave Lake or the later one in Sept that is based out of High Prairie???

They both cost the same (per team). Just wondering which one is better setup?

walleyeca
03-07-2011, 12:21 PM
Unless you have a 33 foot ocean boat the slave lake tournaments I would not suggest if you have done them before! they are rough and you will break EVERYTHING!!! LOL but other than that i suggest Mel barrs princecraft tournament in june out of Faust! at least he knows when to shut it down to safety! My 2 cents!

Racer31
03-07-2011, 01:32 PM
Yup Slave Lake is Big water for AB ,fished both in some nasty stuff, seen lots of high dollar units not make the weekend a number of times. Both are fun if you want to test yourself and your equipment,I would concour be ready to fish some nasty waves and wind at either end

Shmag
03-07-2011, 03:11 PM
Last year i beleive it was Willvil society selling tickets on a beast of a lund. Does anyone know if it was raffled or who won that sweet ride???

hogsmoker
03-07-2011, 03:22 PM
The lund was won by someone from Two Hills, I like the ideal of having a Friday,Saturday tourney for Slave (Anglers) you get all day Sunday to drink beer and tighten screws from getting POUNDED in the waves for 2 days + prefishing.

Ling King
03-07-2011, 09:37 PM
I heard that the moose lake tourney is not going ahead this year? Does anyone know if Faust is a go?

hogsmoker
03-07-2011, 10:53 PM
I talked to Sean.H the other day and he is not running Moose Lake Derby this year, it's to bad because he and the Fish and Game group ran a well run tourney. I hope someone will take it over, but like anything you need a ton of volunteer committed people to run something like this.

rsako
03-08-2011, 04:53 PM
There must be a place on AO where a fella can stay updated on ALL the fishing tourneys and derbies in AB??

where would that be..?

bobalong
03-08-2011, 06:03 PM
http://www.gowalleye.com/tournament-listings.htm

wallycranker
03-10-2011, 10:34 AM
my favorite picture on the website is the girl in the canoe maybe she is on to something we dont know. she must be fishing for spooky eyes in shallow water. anyone got a number maybe she can show me some tricks.

bsnyder
03-10-2011, 08:05 PM
Unless you have a 33 foot ocean boat the slave lake tournaments I would not suggest if you have done them before! they are rough and you will break EVERYTHING!!! LOL but other than that i suggest Mel barrs princecraft tournament in june out of Faust! at least he knows when to shut it down to safety! My 2 cents!

AWWW, its play time for the big Lund, but it definatly seperates the men from the boys:thinking-006:.I think we have done over a dozen of them now.Nothing like running over 80 miles in a day in 6 ft plus waves.:sign0068: