PDA

View Full Version : Does mom need a licence

Willowtrail
02-25-2011, 09:17 PM
So here's my question.

Going fishing tomorrow with my wifes friends and their kids.

Me and wife have licences.

Friends,

Dad has licence, mom doesn't, kids don't need one.

Can mom help kids fish? Both kids are old enough to hold rod and reel in perch.

I know mom can't fish on her own.

If it were up to me she should just go get a licence, but its not

goober
02-25-2011, 09:23 PM
Should be no problem as long as she does not handle the rod at all while a hook is in the water. She can bait hooks or remove fish from hook but that is it.

nube
02-25-2011, 09:32 PM
I think unless she is fishing on her own with no kids around her she should be fine and any CO that would give her a hard time needs a :snapoutofit:

Jimboy
02-26-2011, 03:12 AM
So here's my question.

Friends,

No point in buying a lic before March 31st , its still 2010 season , new season begins april 1st and she ,d have to spend another 30 bucks , that how it works.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
02-26-2011, 11:13 AM
So here's my question.

Friends,

You still need a license , just go to where ever you get your licenses , theres 1000's of places over the province , if shes over 65 i think it is its free , but you still have to obtain a license . If she is under 65 you still need a license but you gotta pay for , it doesnt matter if your helping or actually fishing get caught without a license and you have a rod in hand that will be a fine .

Everyone is sapost to have a license It just depends if you pay for it or not . But you will have to pay for the WIN card I think 8 bucks .

Dust1n
02-26-2011, 12:08 PM
kay so my birthdays on march 27th and i turn 16 i would need to buy 2 of em or just wait a few days?

Fishfinder
02-26-2011, 12:31 PM
kay so my birthdays on march 27th and i turn 16 i would need to buy 2 of em or just wait a few days?

I'd wait a few days. Unless u really can't resist the urge to fish (which I totally understand) BBJ is right, 8 bones for a WIN card. Weird thing, mine expired last year, went to renew it, and because my license is still good, they could/would not do it. They said no need, It's good till license expires, which is 4 days after your Bday, I will need to get both.
That 8 bucks on the WIN card, is good for 5 yrs I believe.
Happy soon to be 16th, hope u hook into a monster!:)
Cheers n GL!

buster92
02-26-2011, 02:00 PM
If you buy a licence on march 16 or later, till march 31, it is good for the next season. If you buy it on march 14th it is only good for 1 day.

BEL
02-26-2011, 02:37 PM
I THINK if she handles the fish or hook she could be classified as fishing. Something to check with a CO about or an office. Some CO's may have a different idea of what constitutes fishing. Just like barbless hooks. Just saying be careful. BEL

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
02-27-2011, 01:49 AM

go get it today then you giot your license but for the next season you will need a new license .

Licences and Costs

Alberta Residents
Age 16 to 64 years $25.66
Age 65 or olderNo Licence Required
Youths (less than 16 years)No Licence Required

Licence Cost Special Walleye 10.50 ( WALLEYE DRAW )

Canadian Residentsfrom outside Alberta
Age 16 and older $25.66
Youths (less than 16 years)No Licence Required

Non-Residents from outside Canada
Age 16 and older No Licence Required
- Annual $70.90
- Limited (5-day)$47.63
- Limited (1-day)$26.63
Youths (less than 16 years) No Licence Required

Indians (see below ) No Licence Required $10.50

Renewal of Expired WiNsWhen your WiN expires you will be required to renew your WiN prior to buying a licence. A WiN renewal costs $8.00 and is valid for five years.
A new plastic WiN card with your new expiry date will be mailed out.

matathonman
02-27-2011, 02:31 AM
If I remember correctly a licensed person can cover it all for the children but the catch limit falls on him. If she is manning the rod in any way it could be classed as fishing .....=$$$$.