PDA

View Full Version : New pellet pistol

moosehunter3-0
02-25-2011, 09:36 PM
I splurged a little and picked up a new weihrauch HW45 silverstar .22 caliber. My uncles farm has a barn with pigeons in the rafters. Lately I've been 12 gauging them haha, I've gotten quite a few so far this winter flying out. IF you go up a ladder with a pellet gun in the rafters most of them just sit their so I'm going to kill some with this. If it kills pigeons good I might have to try it out on a ruffed grouse next fall. It is a spring powered air pistol. You pull the hammer back to open the barrel and cock it by pulling the barrel forward.
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa244/moosehunter30/P2250066.jpg
Somehow the safety effed up and came loose. I tried putting it back in place and tightening it but it's not working so I will take it to a gun smith tomorrow. http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa244/moosehunter30/P2250067.jpg

BrownBear416
02-25-2011, 11:57 PM
looks like a sweet little rig :sHa_shakeshout:

marlin1
02-26-2011, 07:26 AM
nice looking pistol . I have a lot of fun with my C02 for magpies and mice and plinking in the basement . Do you have the proper torx bit to tighten that safety? what did that pistol run you?

pointer
02-26-2011, 08:18 PM
best way to catch the pigeons is in the night with a fishing net just scoop em up and put them in a bag then the next morning you find a buddy and get him to let them loose while you wait with the shotgun :sHa_shakeshout:

solocam3
02-26-2011, 09:40 PM
Where did you pick it up from? Is it spring loaded? Weihrauch web page says its up to 425 FPS. To Cool!

Lefty-Canuck
02-26-2011, 10:24 PM
You might want to re-think going after grouse with your pellet pistol...I am pretty sure that would fall outside the rules and regulations....

Lefty

Lefty-Canuck
02-26-2011, 10:31 PM
wow I stand corrected....I checked the regs:

It is unlawful to.....

.......set out, use or employ any of the following items for the purpose of hunting any wildlife:

a pistol or revolver (Note: this prohibition is not intended to prohibit the legal hunting of small game using an air powered pistol of less than 500 feet per second velocity),

this must be new, I remember back in the day I wanted to pack my pellet pistol around for grouse and my Dad told me I better not get caught....

Lefty

moosehunter3-0
02-27-2011, 07:07 PM
I forget the name of the company, but it's going out of business so I got it pretty cheap. I picked up his last one for $370, they go for quite a bit more then that in the states.