PDA

View Full Version : Wedge Pond/Sibbald Lake

tracker
02-26-2011, 10:57 AM
I was thinking of taking my kids out on the ice tomorrow. Anyone have any experience on these lakes lately that they can share? I'm looking for a place close to Calgary with a good chance at catching something even if it's a tiny one.

Dust1n
02-26-2011, 11:03 AM
wedge pond theres graylings in there remeber they got tiny mouths like a whitefish so use small lures like. a wire worm, very small silver spoon ect.sibbald pond i like to use scud bugs and whateer ud use for for them in summer usaly works.never tried bait

tracker
02-26-2011, 11:07 AM
There's a bait ban in Wedge and you can't keep the grayling. Anyone fished the ice there this year?

Dust1n
02-26-2011, 11:11 AM
yea i know there is and i no the limit i was talking about sibbald meadows pond about that but i havent used bait cause i dont know about that place

Coulee
02-26-2011, 11:23 AM
A guy I work with ice fishes Sibbald. He said that you have to be there at sunrise, and they bite for about the first two hours. The road in there may not be very good though, with all the snow we've had.

kinwahkly
02-26-2011, 11:24 AM
I would think the Sibbald meadows pond would be fished out as its hit pretty hard during the spring and summer monthes, youre best bet for some trout would be Chain lkaes or Dickson trout pond by Innisfail.

Dust1n
02-26-2011, 12:02 PM
dickson isnt doing to well...the suckers are unb eliveable down there