PDA

View Full Version : Med Hat area

Fishfinder
02-26-2011, 12:23 PM
Heads up fellow Hatters n folk. Tried heading out to cypress today, got 3/4 way there, coulda made er but thought wiser. Winds are relentless, a few cars in ditch. Woulda stopped to assist but not a fan of coming to a dead stop on the highway in a full on white out. We turned around. Little cars that past us on the way back, gaurantee they'll be spending a pricey night or 2 at the lodge in Elk.
Spruce is closed for the season, they are no longer plowing it. Bummer.
Gonna venture a guess and say Mich Res is inaccessable.
Rattlesnake has been tough lately, darn pike jus aint biting. I'd bet access is tough there too?
So here I sit, full of Tim Hortons, staring at me rods. Waiting to shovel. Gotta love Alberta:angry3:
Hope some forum members have better luck today then us....drive safe all.
Cheers n GL!:)

madatter
02-26-2011, 05:24 PM
The perch were going pretty good at the Snake last week,probably my last fishing trip in the area for a long time.....
Access back then was pretty good thru the park but with the wind blowing that snow around again makes it a crap shoot!

Fishfinder
02-26-2011, 05:33 PM
The perch were going pretty good at the Snake last week,probably my last fishing trip in the area for a long time.....
Access back then was pretty good thru the park but with the wind blowing that snow around again makes it a crap shoot!

Iv'e never tried finding perch in there. Ever manage any decent sized ones? Curious - Why last trip in area for long time for you?
Cheers:)

madatter
02-26-2011, 06:19 PM
Iv'e never tried finding perch in there. Ever manage any decent sized ones? Curious - Why last trip in area for long time for you?

No longer working in the Hat....selling the house and starting new job around Calgary Monday.
Between the new job,moving stuff,house hunting etc I might not get out much anywhere till ice out...
The pike fishing was slow the last couple times at Snake,saw lots on the camera but they had zero interest in hitting anything.
Fished for perch out in the bay north of boat launch...20-30ft of water.Saw tons of perch and they were fairly hungry....tho using the camera helped in keeping smaller ones off.more interested in small jigs tipped with maggots than minnows and yellow seemed the best. Things could be different by now but they were definitely stacked up there.Kept 15 with average size around 10"

Fishfinder
02-26-2011, 06:40 PM
No longer working in the Hat....selling the house and starting new job around Calgary Monday.
Between the new job,moving stuff,house hunting etc I might not get out much anywhere till ice out...
The pike fishing was slow the last couple times at Snake,saw lots on the camera but they had zero interest in hitting anything.
Fished for perch out in the bay north of boat launch...20-30ft of water.Saw tons of perch and they were fairly hungry....tho using the camera helped in keeping smaller ones off.more interested in small jigs tipped with maggots than minnows and yellow seemed the best. Things could be different by now but they were definitely stacked up there.Kept 15 with average size around 10"

Hmm, thanx for the tip, maybe I'll give the perchies a whirl next time out.
Good luck with the move and new job! Lotsa good fishing around Cowtown as u know.
Wish I was a fisherman when I lived there!:sign0161: