PDA

View Full Version : help with land use agreement

lugeboy
02-26-2011, 07:42 PM
So with me applying to build a private shooting range I need a land use agreement form my father in law ( his Land) anyone know where to find a simple form on the net??? Been looking just not finding.

Please dont move to gun section as I am hoping somebody will see this who isnt even a gun owner

duffy4
02-27-2011, 10:10 AM
Sorry I don't have an answer to your question other that the standard "Google it".

But I have a question. Who did you contact about getting Federal firearms "people" approval?

I have been thinking about getting a Recreational lease of crown land and setting up a shooting range/club house for our F&G club.

FCLightning
02-27-2011, 10:37 AM
Privately owned land you are going to put a shooting bench and some targets on for use by the private land owner and those friends he sees fit to allow to shoot there (you). What is the application for?

Ken07AOVette
02-27-2011, 10:54 AM
IF it is for use by anyone other than yourself, or while under your supervision, I believe it has to be under a F&G in your county. I may be incorrect.

greylynx
02-27-2011, 01:05 PM
That is darn good question Ken.

Have you tryed the NFA to help you?

The late Tomlinson and Kerr could spout off shooting range restrictions like it was scripture from the bible.

lugeboy
02-27-2011, 02:20 PM
IF it is for use by anyone other than yourself, or while under your supervision, I believe it has to be under a F&G in your county. I may be incorrect.

No you don't need to be a fish and game. Just need an approval from the CFO to make it an approved range Mine will be a private range so me and a few buddies. but we still have to conform to all the rules of a public range except for the business licenicing part.

If anyone wants more info what is involved in building a range please PM me and I can try to answer your questions.

FCLightning
02-27-2011, 02:23 PM
So if someone comes on my land and shoots gophers we are ok, but if they come on my land and shoot paper x's then I need to have a permit?

huntinstuff
02-27-2011, 02:31 PM
So if someone comes on my land and shoots gophers we are ok, but if they come on my land and shoot paper x's then I need to have a permit?

You are correct. More than a permit tho.....I had a long talk with NWEST about this very thing. Probably one of the stupidest things I have ever heard.

lugeboy
02-27-2011, 02:55 PM
You are correct. More than a permit tho.....I had a long talk with NWEST about this very thing. Probably one of the stupidest things I have ever heard.

Don't confuse between restricted and non-restricted firearms.

You do not need a permit to shoot targets (Paper, clay ect) on your land or gophers or any other varmet that your county lets you shoot. You must check with county rules regarding this (I know out by okotoks they only let you use a shotgun for gopher controll no rifles.) with a NON-RESTRICTED firearm.

You can only fire a restricted firearm at a goverment approved range. This is what I am in the process of obtaining.

It sounds like you shoud take the course to understand what is what.
Hope this clears up some stuff