PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Lake

MWD 800
02-27-2011, 08:20 AM
So, I am going to try ice fishing for my first time on Wednesday. I am headed out on eagle lake. I need opinions on what to use out there. Jigs and what kind of bait

Any help is much appreciated

Joe

GaryF
02-27-2011, 08:27 AM
If this is the eagle by strathmore, I wouldn't waste your time. We went out 2 weeks ago and the water is so dirty that if you don't drop a hook right on a fish, it won't find you. 5 hours and not a mark on the sonar, and you couldn't see your lure on a camera 2 feet away!! And yes we drilled lots of holes, lol.

trainerdave
02-27-2011, 09:20 AM
There has been a significant amount of "fertilizer" from the stockyards, the nursery,and once upon a time Strathmore's sewage leached in there too. MMMM....nice. Look back a couple of pages at nicemustang's chestermere video. He was using the old red and white and you will be able to see how to use the lure. There are lots of small pike there and better small than none...IMHO.

Jimboy
02-27-2011, 10:02 AM
There has been a significant amount of "fertilizer" from the stockyards, the nursery,and once upon a time Strathmore's sewage leached in there too. MMMM....nice. Look back a couple of pages at nicemustang's chestermere video. He was using the old red and white and you will be able to see how to use the lure. There are lots of small pike there and better small than none...IMHO.

Like a few other lakes thats toast , thats why we,re allowed to keep 3 walleye , cause they know its dead , now you tell me this , the whole concept of a no keep lake was to reastablish the fish population , so if any lake shold be a no keep , its this one.
Now we have crawling valley , l was told by a co years ago that the closure for walleye would be only a couple of years , guess what , we now have a lake with plenty of walleye , and a no keep lake likely forever , why we ask , because its all about keeping the lake as a world class walleye fishery for big paying American/Canadian charter fisherman , and its all lobbied by our own fish outfitters here in Alberta who are asking the Govt to keep this lake as no walleye limit .

rielbowhunter
02-27-2011, 11:03 AM
The south end of lake is best in winter, walleye hit tip ups we had set for pike. they hit 6" herrings. lots of small pike to.

MitchR
02-27-2011, 11:10 AM
I have heard from a friend that there is lots of pike diting and lots of burbot as well by the dam on the south side.