PDA

View Full Version : First timer!

GaryF
02-27-2011, 08:22 AM
So the wife asked me to come out ice fishing this past week, wanted to know what the excitement was all about. She's never been before, and hasn't fished for 30 years. She had a great day bringing up 8 perchies through the ice, and landing a 220lb'er as a bonus!! A CO was by to check on things and after he checked her hook and told her all was good, she moved and he didn't let go, LOL. All in all a great day and now she is hooked on fishing and can't wait for the open water. Here's a pic of her first fish ever!!!

gprime27
02-27-2011, 09:06 AM
220lb'er .. 22 pounder?

trainerdave
02-27-2011, 09:10 AM
I think the 220lbs.means him..as in landed herself one grateful man...who is hooked...Love....nice.

outdoors forever
02-27-2011, 09:49 AM
And what about the part about the CO not letting go??

A good story, nice to see new people getting invloved in fishing, and her smile definatly speaks volumes to the fun, but a few things in this story need clarity! :scared:

A 220 pound what?!?

GeoTrekr
02-27-2011, 10:00 AM
So the wife asked me to come out ice fishing this past week, wanted to know what the excitement was all about. She's never been before, and hasn't fished for 30 years. She had a great day bringing up 8 perchies through the ice, and landing a 220lb'er as a bonus!! A CO was by to check on things and after he checked her hook and told her all was good, she moved and he didn't let go, LOL. All in all a great day and now she is hooked on fishing and can't wait for the open water. Here's a pic of her first fish ever!!!

Let me help:

A CO was by to check on things and after he checked her hook and told her all was good, she moved and he didn't let go, LOL.

The CO, who weighed approximately 220lbs by estimation, had gotten snagged on the hook as he walked away.

She's never been before, and hasn't fished for 30 years. She had a great day bringing up 8 perchies through the ice, and landing a 220lb'er as a bonus!

So she successfully caught 8 perch, and 1 CO.