PDA

View Full Version : Drivers abstract

I-Love-Eyes
02-27-2011, 08:53 AM
Hey guys and gals,

I have been looking for the past week on the internet and am not having any luck. :angry3: I am hoping someone here can help.

I need to know what information, SPECIFICALLY, is included on a drivers abstract.

All the stuff I have found says "driving record".

I know that speeding tickets, impaired, and such will be there, but what I am trying to discover, is if a traffic accident will show up.

Thanks for your help!! :love0025:

eastcoast
02-27-2011, 08:57 AM
Hey guys and gals,

I have been looking for the past week on the internet and am not having any luck. :angry3: I am hoping someone here can help.

I need to know what information, SPECIFICALLY, is included on a drivers abstract.

I know that speeding tickets, impaired, and such will be there, but what I am trying to discover, is if a traffic accident will show up.

not sure about an accident really,I have pulled lots of abstracts and been in 2 accidents,1 my fault and the other not my fault and neither of them showed up.

I-Love-Eyes
02-27-2011, 09:27 AM
Thanks EC!

I didn't think an accident would show but I wanted more info.
The reason I am asking is 'cause my child had a minor accident and is liable for it.

Real nice 22 birthday present. Anyway, she is applying for a government job, where a drivers abstract is required and is now worried that the accident will ruin her driving record.

I still think it should have been fault on both sides. Yes, her vehicle was in the oncoming lane (slid there on ice while turning a corner), but if the other guy had not been speeding, he could have avoided the collision totally. But, you cannot argue with an insurance adjuster, so.....liability is hers.

eastcoast
02-27-2011, 09:29 AM
Thanks EC!

I didn't think an accident would show but I wanted more info.
The reason I am asking is 'cause my child had a minor accident and is liable for it.

Real nice 22 birthday present. Anyway, she is applying for a government job, where a drivers abstract is required and is now worried that the accident will ruin her driving record.

I still think it should have been fault on both sides. Yes, her vehicle was in the oncoming lane (slid there on ice while turning a corner), but if the other guy had not been speeding, he could have avoided the collision totally. But, you cannot argue with an insurance adjuster, so.....liability is hers.

the only way it would show up is if your child was charged with a driving offence as part of the accident,they may be able to find out through insurance though.

I-Love-Eyes
02-27-2011, 09:39 AM
No charges laid. And I don't think insurance can give out info to anyone who is not on the policy-at least I would hope not. The other driver actually called my daughters insurance company looking for info according to the agent.

His Saturn ion "exploded" on the impact, and daughters pick up had next to no damage--just the plastic part under the bumper.

Craddosk
02-27-2011, 10:20 AM
Government jobs don't look at anything beyond points, DUI's and the such. Have less than 6 points, no suspensions, and no DUI's on it, and you're generally good to go.

mtylerb
02-27-2011, 10:27 AM
Hey guys and gals,

Accidents do not show up on Driving Abstracts. Accidents are maintained on an Insurance history report. Abstracts are ticketed violations only. We pull them on our employees at work all the time.

I-Love-Eyes
02-27-2011, 10:41 AM
Government jobs don't look at anything beyond points, DUI's and the such. Have less than 6 points, no suspensions, and no DUI's on it, and you're generally good to go.

Thanks for the info!:)