PDA

View Full Version : Sks

ELKOHOLICS
02-28-2011, 08:58 PM
I have been thinking of buying one of these sks they look like they have some good aftermarket stocks to trick them out and the ammo is so cheap i like to shoot and it seems like a good choice for the budget minded shooter do they seem to function ok ? Accurate enough for deer hunting?

Honker1
02-28-2011, 09:03 PM
Yup lot's of fun, cheap to shoot with milsurp but must be cleaned throughly after shooting it as it is corrisive! I have a 4x scope on mine with a Choate Drugonov sniper stock hold's about 1.5-1.75" group at 100 yrds with 123 grain hunting ammo so it's ok for deer under 200 yards cartridge run's out of steam after that anyway! Cheap to buy, cheap to shoot but load's and loads of fun, and just my 2 cent's i like the Chinese Norinco's better than the Russian Siminov's.

ELKOHOLICS
02-28-2011, 09:07 PM
Why the norinko?

Honker1
02-28-2011, 09:22 PM
Just found the casting and the stamping of the metal part's had better tolerance's than the siminov's, the wood stock's on the norinco's are crap, but if your just going to "Tacticool" it the wood is coming off anyway's

leeaspell
02-28-2011, 09:31 PM
I got a russian, I can hit a milk jug at 100 yards with surplus most of the time if i can resist just shooting it as fast as I can lol. Never tried hunting ammo so cant comment on the accuracy there.

gitrdun
03-01-2011, 07:02 AM
I have a Chinese SKS that I dropped into an ATI Fiberforce stock. My friend nailed a crow at 100 yds with it. Fun to shoot for sure, but you do have to clean them if using milsurp due to the corrosive primer. I'm thinking of selling mine with the ATI stock, wood stock and a bit less than the 1000 rounds of ammo that came with it. Why am I selling?, because I have better tools for hunting and because I just passed the restricted test and have my sights on another much smaller toy. :)

sinawalli
03-01-2011, 05:18 PM
If you go over to Canadian Gun Nutz (and tons of us are already there :sHa_shakeshout:), there are literally a zillion SKS posts in the Red Rifle section! Tons of info! My advise, buy it, shoot the *rap out of it!! Ammo is super cheap if you buy the commie bloc stuff.

Robmcleod82
03-01-2011, 08:01 PM
cheap to buy cheap to shoot and reasonably accurate how can you go wrong with that

Gonehuntin'
03-01-2011, 10:53 PM
I like the SKS, cheap fun.I put a Tapco T6 stock and a few extra goodies on mine, just add ammo.....lots of ammo!

P.S. I think Marstar is selling Chinese military SKS's BRAND NEW, not refurbished for around $180.Produced for PRC army, not commercially made rifles. Supposedly much better than the civilian commercial Norincos.:)