PDA

View Full Version : Whoa! Lotta snow down here....

bessiedog
03-01-2011, 09:35 AM
I just figured out that snowshoes suck when there's 2 feet of fresh powder.
We got a huge dump! Schools are closed!! :sHa_shakeshout:

Roads have been plowed and are now quite icy... I'd not venture on hwy 3 or 22.

So much for our deer population, I was gonna post about the need for a supplemental tag down here..... scratch that thought.

Taco
03-01-2011, 12:02 PM
Where you at Hoss? bugger all snow here in the Claresholm/Granum area.

TheClash
03-01-2011, 12:05 PM
65 cm in 24 hours at castle....almost called in to work sick lol

fordtruckin
03-01-2011, 12:16 PM
now if it would just warm up!

bessiedog
03-01-2011, 12:18 PM
Close enough to see the slide..... Cept i cant see the other side of the valley cause........ Its stil snowing...damn.

If only i could get out to castle!

Taco
03-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Whoa.. snorkel skiing

Lot of high country snow this yr

bessiedog
03-01-2011, 12:27 PM
Avalanche risk is pretty high. Theres a group of backcountry skiiers that go over hill over dale... They must be in heavan right now. I gotta get myself some backcountry skiis w/ skins and all that. It sounds like a blast.

Hiked into coleman fish and game pond last sunday. No bites, but the kids had a blast making a fire and sledding. We got hit with the front of this storm.

The ice auger just about went to the handle b4 we struck water. Havent seen that in a while.

Aereator is still working.... Hope shes not fished out cause the bucket brigade hit it pretty hard in the fall.

crawfy
03-01-2011, 05:23 PM
We had to stop running trains west last night for awhile because there was no way of getting the crews off the trains and changed out with the B.C. crews. First time i have ever seen that in 23 years. Hopefully you get a slow melt up that way so there is no flash flooding.

Came home from CNP the night before that big dump of snow and have never ever seen so many animals out feeding its amazing how they know something is a brewing.