PDA

View Full Version : repo.com

artie
03-01-2011, 11:38 AM
I have been looking at some trucks on repo.com and they have good prices. But when you see an 09 truck with 122,000 km on it and it is just an 09 is this too many kms that have been put on a truck in a short time. ie has it had better days. How could you tell if it is like one of the trucks in a previous thread that has alot of idle miles on it? just wondering.

icefisher11
03-01-2011, 11:52 AM
theres no such thing as idle miles.

birchy
03-01-2011, 12:05 PM
Kilometers are kilometers.. you're thinking of "Engine Hours". If it has really high kilometers, but really low engine hours, I guess then you know there's a good chance it's almost all from the highway.

New Hunter Okotoks
03-01-2011, 12:21 PM
Definitely sign up on the website so that you can see all of the pictures not just one showing its "good side". I was looking for a truck about 2 months ago and they seemed to have good prices but upon closer inspection, most of the trucks were beat.

I have heard that the good vehicles are usually snapped up within hours so you need to be Johnny On The Spot to get a good deal. If you know exactly what you are looking for,it might be worth popping in to the lot and see if you can leave your name and number with a sales guy when a specific truck rolls in.

VOODOO
03-01-2011, 12:33 PM
I picked up my last truck from Repo.com in Calgary, and couldn't be happier.
You definitely have to be "Johnny on the spot" because anything that is a great deal won't last long.
I would say that many of the vehicles they have are in pretty rough shape, but there are usually some great deals to be had as well.
If you see something you like, be quick in getting there to look it over.
They let you test drive, and they were OK with me giving the truck a real good going over before I made a decision, so you can get a good idea about what you're getting.
I found the staff to be easy to deal with... they make the same flat rate on every vehicle they sell, so they aren't worried about trying to up-sell or talking you into some piece of junk.

I'd look to buy from them again

Oh, and the listed prices are all FIRM, no negotiating.

mudhunter
03-02-2011, 09:07 PM
You can check the engine hours by scrolling though the options on the dash. They can sometimes be reset by disconnecting the battery though so they are not always accurate.

big-river
03-02-2011, 09:13 PM
I usually put 100,000 kms on a truck a year. I rely on it to be reliable and to get me there, my living is at stake.
Consequently the trucks are very well maintained, oil changes like a religion and all services done.
When I sell a truck, it is usually for cheap as the miles are high, but that doesn't mean it is a bad truck to buy.
The miles are high, but if they are maintained right, they will stand up a long time and give good cheap service to the next owner.
I wouldn't be scared of a high miler if the price was right.

chopperman
03-02-2011, 10:08 PM
Keep in mind that a 09 could very well have been bought in 08, all of my new trucks were labeled the next year. A lot of them are out 6 months prior to the calendar year. So it could have been driven for 2 and a half years already so not a lot of km's....I put 50-60k a year on my truck.