PDA

View Full Version : Digital AO Mag?

DarkAisling
03-01-2011, 12:22 PM
As I was getting a little annoyed with seeing the latest issue of AO in stores before mine arrived in the mail, I let my subscription lapse with the intentions of just buying the latest issue when I saw it was available on the newsstands (so to speak).

Well, that backfired. I've pretty much been chained to my desk for the last little while . . . I haven't even been in TFH since their Boxing Day sale. :o I'm now missing at least two editions of AO, and maybe three.

So, I'm wondering if there are any plans to make AO available in digital form . . . perhaps through Zinio or some other digital magazine service?

Rob Miskosky
03-01-2011, 12:47 PM
We are currently looking into a program through Magazines Canada to do exactly that. However, there are many details that have to be ironed out before a digital edition becomes available and I currently haven't a timeframe I can give you.

Okotokian
03-01-2011, 12:52 PM
LOL I get sort of the same feeling when I see the monthly notice about the new edition being in stores. Feels like I'm a second-class citizen as a subscriber, having to wait until the following week at the earliest to get mine. Not the end of the world though. I'll keep signing up. :)

Never been a fan of online editions though. I love an actual magazine in my hand... can read it on the train, the beach, even the bathroom. LOL

DarkAisling
03-01-2011, 01:13 PM
We are currently looking into a program through Magazines Canada to do exactly that.

Sweet :D

Never been a fan of online editions though. I love an actual magazine in my hand... can read it on the train, the beach, even the bathroom. LOL

I felt that way until I received an e-reader for Christmas (Sony Touch). I now have an iPad as well. I might not like "non-touch" devices as much, but the two devices I now do all of my reading on (Sony for books, iPad for magazines and newspapers) are still tactile enough to satisfy me . . . and I can (and do) bring literally thousands of books, magazines, and newspapers along with me in my work bag.

A ziplock bag will keep the sand out of them (there are also waterproof cases available) on the beach. :) And, they work just fine in the bathroom, too ;)