PDA

View Full Version : fishing jackfish

drbert
03-01-2011, 04:44 PM
can anyone point me in the right direction to perch on jackfish lake by stony plain

rielbowhunter
03-01-2011, 05:09 PM
:sign0161:

Jwood 456
03-01-2011, 07:31 PM
Try in 30 to 35 ft of water straight off of the boat lauch on the central east end of the lake. I have seen a few perch on the fish camera there. The perch can be very fussy too. I've used lures that work awsome at most other lakes, but havn't be able to catch a perch out of jackfish yet with the same lures. The few perch that did bite my lures were biting too lite for me to hook them.

drbert
03-01-2011, 09:00 PM
Try in 30 to 35 ft of water straight off of the boat lauch on the central east end of the lake. I have seen a few perch on the fish camera there. The perch can be very fussy too. I've used lures that work awsome at most other lakes, but havn't be able to catch a perch out of jackfish yet with the same lures. The few perch that did bite my lures were biting too lite for me to hook them.

is that by the big island or straight off the launch and just around the coner to the south what were u using iam going in the moring

Jwood 456
03-03-2011, 10:07 AM
Sorry for the late reply. For future reference the boat launch i'm talking about is by the big island. I was using a 1'' orange and tinsel cone head jig tipped with maggots. These jigs can easily be found in the wire worm section at the West Edmonton mall Fishin Hole shop. Again, I apologize for the late reply.

BTW did you have any success catching any perch?

drbert
03-03-2011, 03:16 PM
Sorry for the late reply. For future reference the boat launch i'm talking about is by the big island. I was using a 1'' orange and tinsel cone head jig tipped with maggots. These jigs can easily be found in the wire worm section at the West Edmonton mall Fishin Hole shop. Again, I apologize for the late reply.

BTW did you have any success catching any perch?

No got nothing that day we were on the west side of the big island

Jwood 456
03-03-2011, 03:21 PM
Perhaps the walleye finally finished off the perch population in that lake. I noticed in the last few years that I have been catching more and more walleye out of that lake every summer. The last time I was perch fishing there was three years ago.