PDA

View Full Version : Two Companies That Stand Behind Their Products

Garry B
03-01-2011, 07:43 PM
I recently had two very good experiences with companies taking care of their customer (me) and wanted to share them.

The first was Northland Tackle (http://www.northlandtackle.com/). I bought two of their Trick-Stick Ice combos and one had a sticky reel crank (when turning the handle it wanted to stick at the same spot each time around.) When I called asking if there was something I could do to fix it the woman I talked to asked me to check if I could see grease when I opened the screw cap on the other side of the handle. I could see grease. She asked for my address and said she was sending me out a replacement. I asked if I needed to return the defective one she said just keep it and if I could get it working I would have a spare. They sent the new reel quickly.

The second company is AP Outdoors (http://www.apoutdoors.com/). I bought a 6 man tent from them and have been very happy with it. Last time out we found a broken pole. I also was concerned that in some places the black-light proofing material was cracked off and you can see bright streaks. When I sent an e-mail to them about this the woman I corresponded with was genuinely concerned and offered to send out a replacement pole immediately and explained that the fabric should still be intact despite light being visible (which it is). She asked if I was satisfied with that and I said I was. I asked if since she was sending a pole could I buy a few extras in case I break another in the future. She sent three poles buy UPS and I had them at my door in 6 days.

Both these companies treated me just the way a customer would like to be treated in cases of difficulty. Both these experiences make me very confident to recommend these products to anyone because if there is a problem with them the company takes care of it. Customer care lives! :)

nicemustang
03-01-2011, 08:23 PM
Sounds good. Northland tackle also warranty all their lures. I broke a couple and they sent me all new ones.

Dust1n
03-01-2011, 08:27 PM
northland and salmo both stand behind theres salmo if its dammged send it back for a new one :) or replaced one

Willowtrail
03-01-2011, 08:40 PM
Good to haer Garry. Always good to know there's still companies out there willing to back their products.

Daceminnow
03-01-2011, 08:45 PM
for what its worth i have had similar excellent customer service from cabelas mail order as well. i have had issues on several instances and they've replaced items no questions asked without having to send things back as well. i understand BP has not had the best reputation for their return policies here in alberta. hopefully the new cabelas coming soon won't follow suite. excellent customer service has gone by the wayside, its good to see some companies still look after the people that support them.