PDA

View Full Version : The greatest news of my past year .

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
03-01-2011, 08:01 PM
I was informed yesterday that after this week I will no longer have to wear bandages on my legs but will be fitted to wear stockings .

Last spring I was out bear hunting cut my leg open and ended up with a staph infection , which spread to my other leg then ended up with MRSA and then infection cleared up and then it came back even worse . I ended up having the infection go into my blood , I nearly kicked the bucket , but me being the stubborn SOB i am got threw it . Then in early January was told that they were getting a hospital bed for me at home or I was going into the hospital , no hell or high water was i going in the hospital . After spending 6 weeks off and on in there and having a central line in me being pumped full of antibiotics .

Anyway with all that crap behind me was told yesterday that my legs are in good shape they look very red ,and dry but they say it looks similar to someone who has chemotherapy . All though I am still on Morphine to take away the pain as my legs are still very tender , and get sore easy . I am very happy to say that I will get one fishing trip in this winter , I think Jay and I and mooseknuckle get out do some Pike fishin .

And then it will be spring and bear hunting and Walleye fishing I will be doin .

I can gladly say life has a whole new meaning . And forgot to mention the benefit to all my sickness I lost 68 lbs . And continueing to do so . Want to be down to 260 ish area .

Arn?Narn.
03-01-2011, 08:05 PM
no doubt you know the regiment well...

you keep an eye on yourself, your legs and any other cuts and scrapes...

I find it a litle odd that you got MRSA...

My guess is that you went to the hospital about the scrape and later ound out it was MRSA?

Best of luck fishinG !!!!!!!

03-01-2011, 08:08 PM
no doubt you know the regiment well...

you keep an eye on yourself, your legs and any other cuts and scrapes...

I find it a litle odd that you got MRSA...

My guess is that you went to the hospital about the scrape and later ound out it was MRSA?

Best of luck fishinG !!!!!!!

It was MRSA and Staph , made for a real treat for them to treat had even go see the infectious disease doctor at university hospital .

WayneChristie
03-01-2011, 08:10 PM
Im glad to hear its about over, great news my friend. Didnt you usually wear stockings on special occasions before all this? :sHa_sarcasticlol: :scared:

FishingMOM
03-01-2011, 08:12 PM
Congrats on the progress you are making.
May your recovery continue and soon have life return to normal.

nicemustang
03-01-2011, 08:29 PM
Good to hear BBJ. Glad to see that you're doing better and you can get back out there.

220swifty
03-01-2011, 08:34 PM
I can gladly say life has a whole new meaning . And forgot to mention the benefit to all my sickness I lost 68 lbs . And continueing to do so . Want to be down to 260 ish area .

Does this mean we are going to have to call you medium bad john? :p

Good to hear, keep up a solid recovery, then go kill a bear. That should bring you full circle from the original incident.

CaberTosser
03-01-2011, 08:43 PM
Does this mean we are going to have to call you medium bad john? :p

Good to hear, keep up a solid recovery, then go kill a bear. That should bring you full circle from the original incident.

At 260, I would still qualify him as big, but he could be "Not Quite as Big Bad John"

Make sure to get yourself a Kilt with a screaming good Tartan to go with them stockings BBJ. Glad to hear you're showing that illness who's more stubborn ;)

Arn?Narn.
03-01-2011, 08:44 PM
It was MRSA and Staph , made for a real treat for them to treat had even go see the infectious disease doctor at university hospital .

MRSA hangs out in hospitals,...that's why I asked..

You keep an eye on it and yourself and do your best to stay out of hospital ...

Now go get some fish already!

ghostguy6
03-01-2011, 09:06 PM
Glad to hear your getting better. Hope to see you on the ice soon!

Rocks
03-01-2011, 09:15 PM
Glad you got through it BBJ. Now go get as much fresh air, hunting and fishing in as you can!

howlin
03-01-2011, 09:23 PM
"Not Quite as Big Bad John" thats funny ,but what a way to lose weight ,jenny craig has nothing of those treatments.feel better soon:)

horsetrader
03-01-2011, 09:42 PM
Good to hear your getting out before the seasons over. Just take care it,s friggin cold out there

TreeGuy
03-01-2011, 10:01 PM
Great news bud!!!! :)

Post the pics just so we can see just how horrible your life has been for the past year. :scared:

Alberta Bigbore
03-01-2011, 10:12 PM
right on BBJ. Hopefully you will get out in the deer woods this year out west

crazyfish
03-01-2011, 10:24 PM
WOW, thats all i can say !!! Just stick with the plan and keep your chin up ! Which it sounds like your doing , congrats on the weight loss as well and keep that going as well ! Can't wait to see some pics ! congrats !:sHa_shakeshout:

gopher
03-01-2011, 11:32 PM
Congratulations on the weight loss sounds like a awful run of bad luck. Get off them pain killers as fast as you can they have taken down lots of good people.

03-01-2011, 11:43 PM
Great news bud!!!! :)

Post the pics just so we can see just how horrible your life has been for the past year. :scared:

I dont have any pictures of when my leg was at its whorst but it was really gross .

My leg as its just about healed .
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii122/JOHN_CONROY/849fb075.jpg

this thing was in my arm , kinda cool
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii122/JOHN_CONROY/491bc24c.jpg

This is what it looked like when it first started eventually my whole leg from the knee down looked like that the smell and the leg juice it produced was amazing .
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii122/JOHN_CONROY/50f095d4.jpg
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii122/JOHN_CONROY/63befb71.jpg

Ill get a new picture of my legs healed except one spot which had a blood blister . my legs are id bet ya a 1/4 the size of what they were even a month ago .

SonnyJ
03-01-2011, 11:54 PM
I don't know you BBJ but I hope you get better..:)

sureshot
03-01-2011, 11:58 PM
Glad to hear your on the mend. At least you get to get out at least once before season is over.

Andy

03-02-2011, 12:44 AM
That there along with the pictures almost made me vomit.

There was a guy at the mine I used to work at who had an infection in his leg and when hed drive the haul truck he leg rubbed against the seat and boot and juices from his leg got everywhere. He had to wring out his sock and dump it out of his boot. Well the next guy on his cross shift went to drive it and puked from the smell. $30,000 later, new seat etc etc and the smell is still in that cab.

How did you catch that BBJ?

Damn that sounds like me trying to hunt this fall . Well i at first thought it was from Fabreeze , but i had cut my leg open when I was bear hunting by Smoky lake . And in about 3 days it went from red and puffy to blistered and blisters poped and leaking staph infection juice all over .

alodar
03-02-2011, 12:54 AM
Dude I have to say its a relief to hear you are getting better I was actually worried there for a while after u said it was getting worse in the summer and Ud be going into the hospital as we hadn't spoke much since then one tends to assume the worse Congrats on getting better dude hope to see ya on the water again man your a great guy and Congrats o.the weight loss buddy all good news for you if u keep it up ull,have to change ur handle to not so big bad john.

Geezle
03-02-2011, 06:55 AM
I was informed yesterday that after this week I will no longer have to wear bandages on my legs but will be fitted to wear stockings .

Last spring I was out bear hunting cut my leg open and ended up with a staph infection , which spread to my other leg then ended up with MRSA and then infection cleared up and then it came back even worse . I ended up having the infection go into my blood , I nearly kicked the bucket , but me being the stubborn SOB i am got threw it . Then in early January was told that they were getting a hospital bed for me at home or I was going into the hospital , no hell or high water was i going in the hospital . After spending 6 weeks off and on in there and having a central line in me being pumped full of antibiotics .

Anyway with all that crap behind me was told yesterday that my legs are in good shape they look very red ,and dry but they say it looks similar to someone who has chemotherapy . All though I am still on Morphine to take away the pain as my legs are still very tender , and get sore easy . I am very happy to say that I will get one fishing trip in this winter , I think Jay and I and mooseknuckle get out do some Pike fishin .

And then it will be spring and bear hunting and Walleye fishing I will be doin .

I'll skip the stocking jokes and just say that I'm glad to hear that you're finally getting on top of this thing. But JEBUS man, that first pic makes it look like you got a wicked burn on your leg! :scared0015:

Once you're all done being a busy businessman at the show we'll drag ya out on the ice and haul up some fish!

Glad to hear your getting better. Hope to see you on the ice soon!
Hope to see YOU on the ice soon! :cool:

matathonman
03-02-2011, 07:08 AM
I did some reading on this infection. That and MRSA is nasty stuff. Really hope it goes away for good! Glad to see it's getting better.

huntinstuff
03-02-2011, 07:10 AM
BBJ
Doesnt surprise me a bit that you would beat this. You are one great guy and the world needs more like you. Keep shedding those pounds man. Ya know we could get the mods to change your handle to "little John" if you like.

Im proud of you man. Now go make some lures......the season is coming

Alberta Bigbore
03-02-2011, 07:26 AM
wow thx for posting the pics.. i am now suddenly not hungry:scared:

The first round you posted on my wall wasnt enough a few months back, lol

bisonhunter
03-02-2011, 07:32 AM
wow! that's a heckuva thing to go through. that's great you'll be out fishing/hunting again soon, a year is a loooooong time to be on the sidelines when you want to be in the game. congrats too on the slim down, 68 is nothing to scoff at. make sure though when you reach that shining 260 mark that you pm huntinstuff a pic of you in a thong....... he told me he wants one.

:scared0015:

cheers bud

Alberta Bigbore
03-02-2011, 08:06 AM
wow! that's a heckuva thing to go through. that's great you'll be out fishing/hunting again soon, a year is a loooooong time to be on the sidelines when you want to be in the game. congrats too on the slim down, 68 is nothing to scoff at. make sure though when you reach that shining 260 mark that you pm huntinstuff a pic of you in a thong....... he told me he wants one.

:scared0015:

cheers bud

I heard that too, so dont delay:)

AxeMan
03-02-2011, 08:19 AM
Get well John......the fish told me they miss you. Best of luck, buddy.

The Fisherman Guy
03-02-2011, 08:23 AM
Good on ya John, glad to hear you are on the mend.

DarkAisling
03-02-2011, 08:25 AM
I am so thankful to hear that your condition is finally improving, the world is a better place with you in it. :)

burblecut
03-02-2011, 08:38 AM
Ouch! That is one nasty infection. I'm glad you are healing well just before Spring:sHa_shakeshout:.

I couldn't imagine getting a infection like that. Hat's off to you for beating it! You must be one old stubborn SOB:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Matt L.
03-02-2011, 08:51 AM
Good to hear you're gettin' better BBJ! Keep it up and and get back out huntin' and fishin' asap.

Albertadiver
03-02-2011, 09:23 AM
Been following the episode through FB, and you've been very entertaining while on meds.

More importantly though John is that you're in the home stretch with this thing. Even better is the weight loss. I've lost 35lbs so far, and I feel like a million bucks, My goal is another 20. I started at 265, now down around 235.

Maybe we turn this into a competition, AO style. 'Winner' gets the coveted camo thong trophy, judged by Huntinstuff of course.

I drove past your place on Monday, but didn't have time to stop in. Maybe one of my next trips we can meet for coffee (in about a month).

iliketrout
03-02-2011, 09:26 AM
Great news BBJ, best of luck!

LeonH
03-02-2011, 09:51 AM
Great news BB John. I am really sorry you had to go through all of this.
You are a real good guy (I can tell even though I never had a chance to meet you in person) and I am glad we have you around. This ordeal shows you are a true fighter.

I am sure you will get to enjoy your life to the fullest from now on as you will appreciate the life and everything around you with totally different prospective.

By the way, did you get this infection due to the cut accident while in the bush or after getting it perhaps through hospital germs while getting treated?

See you out there bud, Leon.

Ken07AOVette
03-02-2011, 10:02 AM
Good to see you getting up and about MBJ, keep fighting.

mooseknuckle
03-02-2011, 10:20 AM
John, Buddy thats great news bud, glad to here your on the mend, and the weight loss!!! Excellent!! Me and Jay would absolutely love to hook up and do some fishin we actually spoke of you yesterday on the ice and were sayin hey we have to get that guy out.

You have my number call me any time and I'll clear my schedule for you, I mean you know hate to fish but for you I suppose I could suck it up.

huntinstuff
03-02-2011, 10:25 AM
Been following the episode through FB, and you've been very entertaining while on meds.

More importantly though John is that you're in the home stretch with this thing. Even better is the weight loss. I've lost 35lbs so far, and I feel like a million bucks, My goal is another 20. I started at 265, now down around 235.

Maybe we turn this into a competition, AO style. 'Winner' gets the coveted camo thong trophy, judged by Huntinstuff of course.

I drove past your place on Monday, but didn't have time to stop in. Maybe one of my next trips we can meet for coffee (in about a month).

BBJ

If you can get down another 50lbs i will use a pic of a camo thong as my avatar for one year

If you hit 225 lbs I will donate $500 to the Mazankowski Heart Institute

greylynx
03-02-2011, 04:04 PM
I am very glad to see that you lived through this potentially fatal bout of staph infection.

To see that you lived trough the septicemia, and still have both legs without any amputation shows that you are one tough bugger.

I wish you the very best in your recovery

Fisherpeak
03-02-2011, 04:18 PM
Staph Is horrible,Dad busted his ankle and had screws and plates put in and got it from Victoria Gen,damn near lost his leg,glad to hear you are mending up ,get well soon,summer is coming(so they say)

Huntnut
03-02-2011, 04:22 PM
:):):):):):):):)

JohninAB
03-02-2011, 04:33 PM
BBJ good news. Awesome to hear you have shed some lbs too, good job and keep at it. I am down almost 60 lbs here myself from fall 2008. Still have another 30 to go but going to do it.

As always, this fall will reserve a day or two out west here for ya. Get Alberta Bigbore and you out chasing some deer. I will even promise not to get stuck again!:sHa_sarcasticlol: