PDA

View Full Version : Barretta Extrema II

Ling King
03-01-2011, 09:10 PM
I purchased this shotgun last fall and am having issues cycling shells through it. It will eject the first shell but the plunger doesn't fully close to allow you to shoot off the remaining shells. You have to manually push the bolt shut. After about 20 shells it works great(its like an old truck once it warms up its awesome) It doesn't do anything for you when the geese are piling in first thing in the morning. Has anyone had any issues such as this?

Thanks

Honker1
03-01-2011, 09:17 PM
Take a look at the Extractor Arm, the roll pin that hold's it and it's spring has been known to bend or even break, but when bent it sometimes catch's the bolt a little on the way back closed, easy fix when it's bent but if it breaks in the field you are on your hand's and knee's in the stubble looking for the arm and spring it suck's!!!!

Rockymtnx
03-01-2011, 10:02 PM
This is a pretty common occurrence once you pound a bunch of shells through an Xtrema.
I had experience with three different Xtremas doing the exact same thing as yours. To add to Honkers response to you, take it apart and give it a very thorough internal cleaning.

222rem
03-02-2011, 03:17 PM
Try using it with very minimal of lubrication .

Ling King
03-03-2011, 09:01 PM
Thanks Fellas i will give it a try. sorry for the late response work is nuts!