PDA

View Full Version : Rem.700 sps .204 river no fire help pls?

struik9913
03-02-2011, 06:51 PM
So I bought a rem. 700 sps , synthetic stock heavy barrel in .2O4 ruger. When I was going to sight it in I loaded it and was going to shoot it but the bolt will not lock all the way down flush with the stock. The pin still engages but will not fire. I read the manual and I guess there is some sort of bolt lock or something but I tried to figure it out for a few hours and I still can't figure it out. It's weird how the bolt will sit in place and load a shell and engage but the handle of the bolt has another 1/2 inch to go to sit where it should. Any help would be great! And no the safety is not on and isn't what I'm talking about.thnx guys:thinking-006:

double gun
03-02-2011, 07:00 PM
Loosen the front action screw and see if it goes down then. Also see if the rear screw in the front base is too long.

struik9913
03-02-2011, 07:09 PM
Yeah still a no go man, is that an issue with these rifles?

struik9913
03-02-2011, 07:21 PM
I even pulled the whole assembly from the stock and tried it and the bolt still doesn't go all the way down but everything else functions fine. Starting to hate this gun and it too bad because I heard good things about it

Bushrat
03-02-2011, 07:25 PM
If it's not the the front action screw, then it's most likely the rear screw on the front scope base is too long and catching on the bolt lug. The short screw goes in that hole, lots of times guys put a long one in there and that catches on the bolt lug and prevents it from closing, put a short one in there or file that one down a couple threads.

tchardy1972
03-02-2011, 07:26 PM
I even pulled the whole assembly from the stock and tried it and the bolt still doesn't go all the way down but everything else functions fine. Starting to hate this gun and it too bad because I heard good things about it

The screw from the scope base is going through and binding up the locking lug. You can probably see the mark on the bolt. If not take the gun back and get a new one.

struik9913
03-02-2011, 07:52 PM
Good call on the scope base screw guys. It works flawlessly now thnx a bunch! Time to get some song dogs!