PDA

View Full Version : Who else is ready for some spring fishing

fishnut9
03-03-2011, 06:58 AM
I just want to get my boat out and fish camp and swim. I miss the barbecues and garage sales. Anyone else just itching for spring.

alodar
03-03-2011, 07:17 AM
I totally am already plotting my course and have a spot on the nsr thats almost fishable already open water style its one of my usual spots aswell so it will be pretty sweet to get my line wet and I can't wait to cruise wab in my boat looking for the big lunkers

Fox red lab
03-04-2011, 07:36 PM
I'm ready too. Going sailing on the coast in a couple of weeks and have my flyfishing trip to the Missouri River booked for the end of August. Lots to do between the two as well. :happy0180:

Coulee
03-04-2011, 08:46 PM
Who isn't! I've had my flies tied since January and can't wait. This endless winter has all of us cursed with cabin fever. I have a cabin booked in the East-Kootenays for August and there are going to be some sorry fish by the time I'm done.

Whiskey
03-04-2011, 08:50 PM
actually, I wish winter never left. I love ice fishing, and I cant stand working outside on a hot day and wearing full body coveralls.

PERCHY
03-04-2011, 09:05 PM
almost there cant wait to try my new top water lures! :sHa_shakeshout:

fishstix
03-04-2011, 09:44 PM
Cant wait for open water. Im sick of the cold and tired of boring ice fishing talk. Let the real fishing begin!
Come on April 1

nicemustang
03-04-2011, 10:20 PM
I like both seasons of fishing. Heck I just love fishing. But nothing beats a nice summer day on the boat (and pilsner!)

Braun
03-05-2011, 12:43 AM
ya i cant wait. i started getting anxious for hardwater in like september and ive been getting anxious about openwater for about a month now. cant wait

anybody have specific plans for their first trip out on open water?

GaryF
03-05-2011, 04:30 AM
Where ever I can put the new boat in to give her the shakedown run!! She's been at the thouse since January and I can't wait to go out.

michaelmicallef
03-05-2011, 06:19 AM
I got my new pontoon boat floats up in my garage torturing me every time I walk through the garage. I say bring on the high gas prices and bring on the heat I'm sick of winter this year. I think it's the gopher's getting back at me for the spring gopher shoots. Don't they somehow have control of when spring comes. There gona pay for this spring.

Geezle
03-05-2011, 07:14 AM
As soon as the NSR starts to break up at a couple of my regular spots then I'm done with ice fishing. I do love ice fishing, but the river is calling me :)

JohninAB
03-05-2011, 07:41 AM
Cannot wait for open water. But with this cold and snow up here might be awhile before we see any up this way.

Dust1n
03-05-2011, 09:20 AM
i cant wait to try out my rainbow trout flex phantoms at the kanaskis lakes

Darren N
03-05-2011, 09:22 AM
I think the NSR is going to be late getting on with the cold weather and mega snow. Lat year i recorded June 3rd as the the river only had cleared up to 2 feet of visability. i am sure it will be mid to late June this year for first run off to go away, and then deal with second run off a month later. Ya i want out, and melt this damn snow and ice.