PDA

View Full Version : Hard Work paying off....

Twisted Canuck
03-03-2011, 08:32 AM
Well, my son has been pounding the crap out my garage, plywood, drywall, and garage door practicing shooting the puck....I've got all kinds of drywall repairs to do, but he's having a good year playing AA PeeWee, leading his team in points. So this morning at early practice (6 am), I drop him off, and go to pick up a coffee. By the time I get back the boys have all been warming up on the ice a bit, I walk in and the other dads are having a laugh, the boys on the ice are all clustered around the bench....where my son shattered the glass with a slapshot. :scared0018: Had to take a pic for his scrapbook, but can't figure out how to upload from my motorola (I know, I'm a pitiful technophobe...) or I would post it up. Pretty funny actually. I figure the glass was probably scratched, but my son and I agreed that the story would be that he has a booming shot for an (almost) 13 yr old.....Pretty funny.

Fisherpeak
03-03-2011, 09:35 AM
Get him an old clothes dryer from the dump and take the door off.That`s what Sid the Kid used to practice on.Good for accuracy too.I saw a photo of it on TV,looked like it got hit by 1000 shotguns.Looking forward to the pics.

BrownBear416
03-03-2011, 10:59 AM
Cool story TC...

Twisted Canuck
03-03-2011, 11:29 AM
Friend (and John's former Atom coach) emailed the picture from the text I sent him....

http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo213/twistedcanuck/brokenglass.jpg

The scouts should be calling any time soon......:sHa_shakeshout:

gramps73
03-03-2011, 11:32 AM
Twisted,
I have a son similar to yours just a little younger, 8 years old and lives for hockey..
g73

Twisted Canuck
03-03-2011, 11:34 AM
Twisted,
I have a son similar to yours just a little younger, 8 years old and lives for hockey..
g73

When he breaks his first pane of glass, be prepared to help him with the severely inflated head, unless you want to buy a new helmet for him....:)

Good Ol' Boy
03-03-2011, 11:52 AM
I did the same thing in Midget years ago. sent a shot off the crossbar and spiderwebbed the glass behind the net. it was also a practice, it would have been great to happen in a game, might have the opposing goalie a little nervous. Unfortunately, even breaking a pane of plexiglas was insufficient to pave my way into the big show, i guess you also have to be able to skate somewhat better than i did! :sHa_sarcasticlol: