PDA

View Full Version : Fun In The Muskeg.

Walleyes
03-03-2011, 12:42 PM
My oldest son is taking after his old man and is working the patch. He runs bed truck up in the north east of the province. They have been having a pretty busy year moving quite a few rigs around on some big projects. Anyways he phones me yesterday afternoon sometime and they were moving a rig across some nasty skeg,, was supposed to be froze in but someone didn't do their home work. The truck hauling the rig broke through and she is looking nasty.

They are thinking they will be cutting the derrick off and taking it off first then try the rest of the rig.. Here are a couple pics.

The truck and rig shortly after it broke through,, looks like it was a hot spot in a pretty wet swamp.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k303/walleyes_2006/185634_469671408238_656293238_5371836_7172803_n.jp g

The unit just before sunset,, not looking good.. Anybody got a big helicopter ???

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k303/walleyes_2006/188958_469902798238_656293238_5373352_5881745_n.jp g

Through the night. Jesse spent the night running in rig mats spotting them around the rig so they could get some of the crews out and back to camp.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k303/walleyes_2006/189387_469778318238_656293238_5372655_34473_n.jpg

here they have a 24 wheeler backed up to the back of the rig trying to hold er up a bit but its getting a bit wet to.. You can see from this pic you could step onto the rig floor from the ground. When the rig is on dry ground the rig floor is about 15 feet high.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k303/walleyes_2006/190294_469903178238_656293238_5373356_470670_n.jpg

next step will be to remove the matting, build up some snow pads about 5 - 6' high on both sides of the rig. Then they will probably try and get a couple cranes or beds alongside and cut off the derrick and remove it to lighten the load. Then try and hoist up on the truck and rig and maybe get some mats under it hen try and drag er out..

Damn I miss the north,, there just ain't no life like it..

jacob1202
03-03-2011, 01:03 PM
geez... i remember a trackhoe that slipped off a rig mat b4 and it took it all of about 3 minutes to basically sink out of sight... and they did have to get one of them hugh jazz helicopters to pull it out ... neat pictures walleye... did they get the truck out yet?

Walleyes
03-03-2011, 01:05 PM
No not even close.. They are probably just building up some ice bridges along it today. At least its cold if it was warm you couldn't build up the ice pads in order to get in the heavy iron required to hoist the old girl out..

sheepguide
03-03-2011, 01:06 PM
Was in our doghouse this morning BSing about that rig going in. Nice to see some pics. Thanks for posting.

SG

nicemustang
03-03-2011, 01:19 PM
Somebody's going to be in a big pile of poopy over this one! yikes. Good pics, thanks for posting.

Elkaholic6
03-03-2011, 01:20 PM
Looks like A LOT of fun! Haha.

Walleyes
03-03-2011, 01:26 PM
Somebody's going to be in a big pile of poopy over this one! yikes. Good pics, thanks for posting.

You would think so but I doubt it. Its just another day in the patch in that country. Its the risk they take. As long as no one gets hurt getting it out not much will be said.. It only takes money boys thats all lots and lots a money lolo..

AbAngler
03-03-2011, 01:29 PM
I've heard lots of stories of trucks/equipment simply sinking out of site in the skeg. Cool to see some pics. Thanks!

nicemustang
03-03-2011, 01:31 PM
You would think so but I doubt it. Its just another day in the patch in that country. Its the risk they take. As long as no one gets hurt getting it out not much will be said.. It only takes money boys thats all lots and lots a money lolo..

Sounds like my dad as he was driving the sprayer through all the puddles last year until he REALLY burried it good! Then I just laughed at him and told him to pull out the check book.

unclebuck
03-03-2011, 01:34 PM
They let Jesse drive a truck?!! All bs aside, we both know the country, and have probably dropped something into it at one time or another, and then spent many hours getting it out. Excellent pictures!! He will probably have to go home for a massage after the hard work.

sharpstick
03-03-2011, 01:35 PM
Whose rig is it? What Oil Company is the rig working for?
Pretty sure this rig isn't going back to work for awhile... LOL
good news is it frees up another rig crew to go work on the rigs that are short staffed... but break up is right around the corner. They better get in all the days they can, she's going to be a long break up this year me thinks...

pa_of_6
03-03-2011, 01:39 PM
What happened to the pics?????

I cannot see any!

gitrdun
03-03-2011, 01:39 PM
I ran into a similar situation in January. I was supposed to make my way into Thickwood Hills to check out a couple of booster compressors. I go in with my Toyota FJ Cruiser, but about 5km in, a water truck had broke through and was blocking the way, couldn't go around. I used to have pictures of a Cat that broke through the ice on Surmont Flats. Another went in to pull him out, he got to 500 yards and broke though. So a third one went in, he broke through within 100 yards of the second one. After 3, they give up and started to lay rig matts across the skeg.

I'm thinking they must be the same guys that went on to film a certain reality show called "Alaska Gold Rush"....:sHa_sarcasticlol:

yamaha 1
03-03-2011, 01:43 PM
Now thats a big mess...hope they get her cleaned up.....Just a question, what happens if they can't get the rig out....lots of $$$$ gone?

Walleyes
03-03-2011, 01:57 PM
Now thats a big mess...hope they get her cleaned up.....Just a question, what happens if they can't get the rig out....lots of $$$$ gone?

No such thing as can't,, them boys will get er out thats nothing new up there.

From years gone past there is more than one piece of equipment sitting on the bottom of some of those muskegs. Probbably nun in the last 30 years or so but from years ago before they had the equipment we have now to get at this kind of thing. Years ago they had no choice but to just walk away.

yamaha 1
03-03-2011, 02:14 PM
Cool, keep us posted

AxeMan
03-03-2011, 02:23 PM
Wow, life in the patch! Thanks for posting, Walleyes.

308 man
03-03-2011, 02:26 PM
Seen this 50 years ago in the patch just can not belive that no one has learned that you need rig mats or ice roads build up to cross some of these skegs.

gramps73
03-03-2011, 02:33 PM
I'll bet the clean up will be free..lol
keep the pictures coming with the removal of the rig and truck..

FallAirFever
03-03-2011, 03:23 PM
Looks like a Champion rig to me. Letting her sink and collect the insurance money might not be a bad idea some of the biggest junk I have seen is painted that color of orange!

deerhuntercentral
03-03-2011, 03:33 PM
OK......hit errrrrr!!!!! vroooom bang! again!! vrooooom bang!!! again!!!! gogogogo!!!! when I pull you step on it!!!! vroooom bang!!!!

laff

hal53
03-03-2011, 03:33 PM
Boy!! that brings back some.....uh....memories???...LOL

JordanMcilvride
03-03-2011, 03:46 PM
That looks like a Lac La Biche Transport truck... Thats a nasty situation.

Rockymtnx
03-03-2011, 04:04 PM
Cool pics, thanks for sharing Walleyes.
Looks like someone is going to be in some poo poo.

Jwood 456
03-03-2011, 04:28 PM
Cool pics.

Looks like someone is going to be walking on thin ice.:sHa_sarcasticlol:

BrownBear416
03-03-2011, 04:33 PM
HaHa Sweet Pics :)

These type of situations is where the guys the know their stuff will shine..

Ol crane vet will get in there and bark some orders about how were gonna do this and the beast will rise from the water :sHa_shakeshout:

Redfrog
03-03-2011, 04:41 PM
Hope that's not a spawning ground.:thinking-006:

They should carry Auto Club coverage,:scared0018:

hal53
03-03-2011, 04:48 PM
Cool pics.

Looks like someone is going to be walking on thin ice.:sHa_sarcasticlol:
pretty tough to blame unfrozen skeg on anyone, except the guys that wanted the rig moved in there....this will be filed under "cost of doing business" expenses for the Oil Co..... and yes the boys will get her out and carry on....happens lots

BrownBear416
03-03-2011, 05:01 PM
pretty tough to blame unfrozen skeg on anyone, except the guys that wanted the rig moved in there....this will be filed under "cost of doing business" expenses for the Oil Co..... and yes the boys will get her out and carry on....happens lots

Lol He probably phoned his boss and told him he got Stuck :sHa_shakeshout:

Boss said well get unstuck and get to the next location :)

Walleyes
03-03-2011, 05:29 PM
Lol He probably phoned his boss and told him he got Stuck :sHa_shakeshout:

Boss said well get unstuck and get to the next location :)

Lolo,, thats a good one.. I can hear it now eh..

Not to worry about spawning grounds here. This is in the middle of some big skeg far from any rivers. When equipment hits cold water like this it actually has a suction effect to it. Rather than any tanks leaking oil they will take on water. The cold water of course turns any oils into thick goo and will freeze in the tanks. The fuel tanks on the truck the same it is warmer in the tank when it hits the water and it will suck in water. I would say with out a doubt the spot will be monitored and they will have the vacuum trucks in there when they get it out to take on any residue left. These projects are watched pretty closely.

Just hope the boys get er out soon and no one gets hurt,,, especially since one of them out there is my son working through the night and day on it.. I had a conversation with him today and He is on top of the world right now. He just got news today that an offer he and his wife had on a house was accepted and they will be moving into their new to them home in a couple weeks and they have a baby coming this fall. We had a good conversation about him staying focused on his work.. Being on the bed he will be doing some critical work on this and He has to watch,, he can injure himself or others in a heart beet.. But at the same time I told him to enjoy it,, take it all in and learn. Its the miserable yet the exciting times of the job.. There really is no life like it..

hal53
03-03-2011, 05:33 PM
There has been days those bed truck guys have absolutely amazed me......

mudhunter
03-03-2011, 05:46 PM
Great pics.

At first I was like big deal pull it out...then by the last pic wow that sank alot.

greylynx
03-03-2011, 05:52 PM
Does an incident like this usually end up in court on who is going to cover damages?

Walleyes
03-03-2011, 06:30 PM
Does an incident like this usually end up in court on who is going to cover damages?

No court case involved the oil company accepts full responsibility and any costs incured including all rig repairs and trust me that rig will be rebuilt,, it was a brand new rig when it hit the water don't you know!!!

The only way there would be any objection is if the trucker or trucking company went off the designated trail. If the driver would of took off across the muskeg for what ever reason then the trucking company would be held responsible. But everyone was on what was supposed to be a ready road. Sometimes those roads aren't that easy to read. Last week it may of been frozen and it still maybe frozen 50' away from that spot. But a lot of those muskegs have hot spots or even migrating gas pockets that may not freeze like the rest of the trail.. Its a crap shoot sometimes. This looks like a pretty wet swamp it does surprise me that the road wasn't built up through this open section with snow and ice about 2'. I would suggest that the construction people are a little inexperienced in the area.. Like anything experienced people are getting harder and harder to come by.

People wonder a lot of times why we make the money we do in the patch especially up in the consulting business but here is a prime example of what can take place when you don't have the right people.. Not saying this is the case here but it does look a bit unprepared to me..

Red Adare said it best,, If you think its expensive to hire a professional. Just hire an idiot and you will see what it cost's you !!!

TreeGuy
03-03-2011, 06:35 PM
Cool pics, Walleyes. Thanks. I'd think that that would be an extremely interesting process to be a part of, and a great learning experience for your son. Hopefully everything works out, and God forbid no one gets hurt.

chopperman
03-03-2011, 06:56 PM
Hope that's not a spawning ground.:thinking-006:

They should carry Auto Club coverage,:scared0018:

Yeah its spawning grounds all right....Mosquito, horse fly, black fly, no-seeums..........LOL!

greylynx
03-03-2011, 07:01 PM
No court case involved the oil company accepts full responsibility and any costs incured including all rig repairs and trust me that rig will be rebuilt,, it was a brand new rig when it hit the water don't you know!!!

The only way there would be any objection is if the trucker or trucking company went off the designated trail. If the driver would of took off across the muskeg for what ever reason then the trucking company would be held responsible. But everyone was on what was supposed to be a ready road. Sometimes those roads aren't that easy to read. Last week it may of been frozen and it still maybe frozen 50' away from that spot. But a lot of those muskegs have hot spots or even migrating gas pockets that may not freeze like the rest of the trail.. Its a crap shoot sometimes. This looks like a pretty wet swamp it does surprise me that the road wasn't built up through this open section with snow and ice about 2'. I would suggest that the construction people are a little inexperienced in the area.. Like anything experienced people are getting harder and harder to come by.

People wonder a lot of times why we make the money we do in the patch especially up in the consulting business but here is a prime example of what can take place when you don't have the right people.. Not saying this is the case here but it does look a bit unprepared to me..

Red Adare said it best,, If you think its expensive to hire a professional. Just hire an idiot and you will see what it cost's you !!!

Thanks for the overview. I really appreciate it.

T-Bone
03-03-2011, 07:15 PM
Its all good..Part and parcel..Up where I hunt there is an old cat sunk in the skeg right up to the seat and it hasn't moved in 14 years just keeps sinking deeper every year.. So far back I guess it just aint worth pulling out..Pretty neat to see.I guess back in the day there was a lot of equipment lost to skeg
T

hal53
03-03-2011, 07:33 PM
Its all good..Part and parcel..Up where I hunt there is an old cat sunk in the skeg right up to the seat and it hasn't moved in 14 years just keeps sinking deeper every year.. So far back I guess it just aint worth pulling out..Pretty neat to see.I guess back in the day there was a lot of equipment lost to skeg
T
My dad was up in the Yukon during WW2...when they built the Alaska Highway..the Americans would sink a cat in the muskeg....and drive another one in, until they had a firm base to carry on...when they left...all the equipment was left and abandoned....lot of construction/ rig moving companies got a good start with that stuff....

Walleyes
03-03-2011, 07:45 PM
Worked with a couple old boys over the years that spent time in the arctic back in the 70's with the big boys, Shell, Texaco the big players. When Trudeau gave us his gift and the oil patch shut down them boys just walked away. One old guy told me they took a few dozers and just shoved equipment over the edge of the ice packs. Trucks, dozers, cranes what ever. It was cheaper to buy them than haul them out. Whole camps were just abandoned and left..

rugatika
03-04-2011, 01:19 AM
My dad was up in the Yukon during WW2...when they built the Alaska Highway..the Americans would sink a cat in the muskeg....and drive another one in, until they had a firm base to carry on...when they left...all the equipment was left and abandoned....lot of construction/ rig moving companies got a good start with that stuff....

My mom's uncle worked on the Alaska highway and he would tell us the same stories. Sink a cat and not even a worry about it.

Thanks for the pics Walleyes. I can remember a vac truck with floaters on it driving just a couple feet off an ice road up north of FSJ and sinking past his axles in the skeg. Luckily there was a cat working 400m away to come and snatch him out.

fordtruckin
03-04-2011, 06:27 AM
HA Been there Done that!!! Really sucks don't it!

dale7637
03-04-2011, 07:12 PM
Just finished hot shotting a hand from this rig into a rig up north here. Someone was right when they said that it would free up some hands to help out some of the other rigs that are running short of hands.

Walleyes
03-06-2011, 12:13 AM
Just an update.

They have started to gather snow and get the pads built up around the unit. Apparently the "EXPERTS" in Calgary are getting impatient and want to start to pull it out tomorrow. Against the advice and the better judgement of the people in the field they think they are going to hook up 3 beds to it tomorrow and just pull it out.. I can't wait to hear the mess they are going to make out of it. Rather than listening to the people that know better they are getting in a rush and once again the engineers are going to give their advice.. When machines are sunk like this they have to be lifted up then out you can not pull them out !!!

They are going to start to yank on it tomorrow afternoon should get some interesting pics of that.

Here are a couple updated pics.

Here you can see they are starting to gather snow for the ice pads along the rig.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k303/walleyes_2006/185837_471383003238_656293238_5385569_1022680_n.jp g

You can see the water pumps in the boxes beside the rig. As the dozers bring in the snow they water it to freeze it and make the ice pad.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k303/walleyes_2006/197422_471382578238_656293238_5385565_489677_n.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k303/walleyes_2006/196665_471383333238_656293238_5385571_1528855_n.jp g

sheepguide
03-06-2011, 12:27 AM
Thanks for the update! Been hearing alot from the boys on my Ensign rigs here about the operations but nice to see the pics.
SG

deanmc
03-06-2011, 12:36 AM
Wow thats fugly. Thanks for the pictures.

ccmckee
03-06-2011, 08:14 AM
Great to see how things are done out there,i've always wondered about what ifs, thanks!

Douglas N
03-06-2011, 08:33 AM
I hope they get it out!!!

There's lots of snow and it came early this year. There's places that didn't freeze at all this winter.

About 10 years ago in the Conklin area, a cat broke throught the ice and sunk in the muskeg. They sent divers in to aid in the recovery (hook up the rigging). The divers went over 30 feet down, came back up and said they weren't going any further. It's still down there.

hayseed
03-06-2011, 09:32 AM
Three beds aint gonna pull that iron out, ..... I do see tailchains and winchline flyin through cabs though..

Hopefully all saftey aspects are being put to use, and them fellers from Calgary let the guys who deal with these situations on a daily basis do their thing......

Thx Walleyes... and keep us posted..

Dark Horn
03-06-2011, 09:49 AM
Looks like a Champion rig to me. Letting her sink and collect the insurance money might not be a bad idea some of the biggest junk I have seen is painted that color of orange!

I think it is Ensign 542 (old Tri-City) working in Conklin for StatOil. Hope to see more pics as things progress.

Alberta Bigbore
03-06-2011, 11:08 AM
Those are some fantastic pics. Ive always wanted to try my hand at driving in the oilfield.

oilngas
03-06-2011, 12:45 PM
I'd be surprised if you can get the 1m of "clear blue ice" that you will need to lift it out this soon!!!! I would think that cranes would have to lift it vertical from both sides, tough to say from these pics tho.
I guess your Supers. in Calgary can see a long way and have superior knowledge if they can figure out to just pull on it with winches!!

Please stand way way back, as has been stated i can see the tail chains flying now.

Walleyes
03-06-2011, 01:20 PM
I'd be surprised if you can get the 1m of "clear blue ice" that you will need to lift it out this soon!!!! I would think that cranes would have to lift it vertical from both sides, tough to say from these pics tho.
I guess your Supers. in Calgary can see a long way and have superior knowledge if they can figure out to just pull on it with winches!!

Please stand way way back, as has been stated i can see the tail chains flying now.

They will never get clear blue ice but snow and ice bonded with grass has some good strength to it plus they have over 100 rig mats on location to use as well. I am not worried about tail chains snapping I am sure they will have everything double lined with snatch blocks and the tail chains on those beds are over rated for their pulling capacity. the fellows doing the work are no dummies I am sure every precaution will be in place. I would think they will start to pull that old truck into pieces before they start to break chains..

FYI
I am not on this project,, getting the info and pics from my son.

srp71
03-06-2011, 09:31 PM
Wow I have seen a few units in the skeg but nuthin like this.I once spent 49 hrs trying to get a D7G out.At one time we had 2 6`s tied together and one on the front of my bed.We built a ramp so I was pulling up and we finally got a little JD extenda hoe to dig the skeg out from around it to break suction and it came free.We had one 6 double lined with my spare snatch block and it tore that winch clean off that cat.Good luck to them boys they got a task ahead of them.And a few good stories to tell his boys about!

dale7637
03-06-2011, 09:38 PM
The boys on the ensign rigs up here have been talking about this, one was actually there when it went through. Great to see these pictures, impressive to see. Hope everyone goes home safe and sound.

Walleyes
03-06-2011, 09:47 PM
Well boys they got er out. I am surprised that a dead pull brought it out but with some ingenuity they made it work. I would say that when it broke through the hunk of ice under it must of stayed in one piece allowing it to slide up and out on it like a slide.. Just shows you never say never.

Kudos to all the boys on a good job on this one..

They almost got off to a bad start today spotting matting. One of the beds spotting mat got a little to close to the edge of the pad and went through,, yikes almost had another one in the drink.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k303/walleyes_2006/199459_472157503238_656293238_5394896_57412_n.jpg

Here you can see they have the 3 beds hooked up with a dozer in front of each bed for anchors, all beds are double lined. 1 hooked up to the truck in front the other 2 on points back on the rig. Check out the rig the top of it is almost flush with the pad.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k303/walleyes_2006/190163_472157863238_656293238_5394899_2598953_n.jp g

And the suck starts..

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k303/walleyes_2006/184232_472158048238_656293238_5394903_1220105_n.jp g

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k303/walleyes_2006/189879_472158423238_656293238_5394908_1954620_n.jp g

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k303/walleyes_2006/183524_472158578238_656293238_5394909_7603036_n.jp g

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k303/walleyes_2006/197066_472158708238_656293238_5394912_5648605_n.jp g

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k303/walleyes_2006/197973_472159063238_656293238_5394917_5990654_n.jp g

And she is out.. A little worse for ware but she is out..

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k303/walleyes_2006/190560_472159228238_656293238_5394918_3769150_n.jp g

Albertadiver
03-06-2011, 10:05 PM
Been following the thread. what an experiance!

shootstr8
03-06-2011, 10:09 PM
What will need to be done and how long before it can get back to work? Will it get back to its job before breakup?

Big Red 250
03-06-2011, 10:12 PM
Well, I'm impressed. Great post, story and pic's.

Big Bull
03-06-2011, 10:16 PM
Very impressive! Thanks for the thread and updates, Walleyes.

Alberta Bigbore
03-06-2011, 10:27 PM
amazing pics. looks like everyday is an adventure

caver77
03-06-2011, 10:35 PM
Crazy! Thanks for posting. I worked for Champion for a season years back, what rig was that?

hayseed
03-06-2011, 10:41 PM
Walleyes, what did those beds have anchored to 'em.. pic # 3 I see some cats, is that all?? Wow... never woulda thunk, till you tye on and suck on 'er...

If so... all I can say is I stand corrected... I've been movin rigs for yrs,only dropped one tractor/trailer with a 24whl haulin a pump thru the skeg ( we dont do northern projects..) and it was hell gettin out..on its side..LOL..

SRP71....of course you see that daily... look where yous at man...hehee..Prolly happens daily to you guys....:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Man I'm glad movin iron in Central AB.....nows gettin mud time.... bring on the Commanders! :sHa_shakeshout:

BigBuck$
03-06-2011, 10:46 PM
Had a buddy call me once for a tow, I asked him how stuck he was and he replied "up to the speedometer" LOL.

Nice pictures I will have to dig up a few of the good once I have taken ove the years in the patch.

Hopefully all the rigs look like that shortly I'm soooooooooo ready for breakup!!!

Walleyes
03-06-2011, 10:47 PM
What will need to be done and how long before it can get back to work? Will it get back to its job before breakup?

If they wanted to they could probably have er up and going in 5 or 6 days but being so close to break up they will probably haul it in to Nisku and put it in the shop and go right through it. If they did any pulling on the derrick or the bases which I beleive is where they hooked up the beds in the back. Then it will have to go through an inspection before being put back to work. They have it under parachutes with Herman Nelsons and thawing it out so they can get on a low bed and get in on the road out of there.

The rig is in fact an old Tri City rig now flying under the Ensign flag. Rig #542 I do beleive as one other poster has said. I can double check but if memory serves me right that is the rig.

blackonblackfx4
03-06-2011, 10:51 PM
Heard they got it out today, this is at stat oil.

Walleyes
03-06-2011, 10:52 PM
Walleyes, what did those beds have anchored to 'em.. pic # 3 I see some cats, is that all?? Wow... never woulda thunk, till you tye on and suck on 'er...

If so... all I can say is I stand corrected... I've been movin rigs for yrs,only dropped one tractor/trailer with a 24whl haulin a pump thru the skeg ( we dont do northern projects..) and it was hell gettin out..on its side..LOL..

SRP71....of course you see that daily... look where yous at man...hehee..Prolly happens daily to you guys....:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Man I'm glad movin iron in Central AB.....nows gettin mud time.... bring on the Commanders! :sHa_shakeshout:

In the second pic you can see the dozers in front that they anchored to.

You and I both stand corrected on this one I would of put money on it that it wouldn't of came out on a dead pull. Like I said I would think that the chunk of ice that went down with it stayed together and thats what enabled it to slide up and out rather than plowing into more ice.

hayseed
03-06-2011, 11:06 PM
In the second pic you can see the dozers in front that they anchored to.

You and I both stand corrected on this one I would of put money on it that it wouldn't of came out on a dead pull. Like I said I would think that the chunk of ice that went down with it stayed together and thats what enabled it to slide up and out rather than plowing into more ice.

Yup... Thats what I was kinda thinkin , that the ice broke as a sheet...( mostly ) and the rig went down on that, didnt sink, because of that, it being it held it up, and there she stayed.

It had to be something like that, ... 'cause when a 100,000lbs go down boys, she dont normally come out lookin like that... on a dead flat ( being forward , not up and out.. ) pull.. wow...

Congrats boys from one rig mover to another....WOOT WOOT...:sHa_shakeshout:

srp71
03-07-2011, 01:02 PM
Sitting here at work reading this wishing I could see these last pic's.Stupid work server has them blocked!Congrats to the boys for a job well done on gettin'er out with out anymore wrecks happening!

sheepguide
03-07-2011, 01:31 PM
I think what reay saved them alot of greif is that the front of the tractor stayed up(generaly). If it would have dropped she would have been crane work for sure.

Pad moving our two Ensign rigs right now so we should be good for a bit(2 - 3 months). Havent seen break up in 7 years. All our moves are infeild moves and all swamp matted leases. Doesnt matter the weather or time of year we go on as planned.

SG

tntenergy
09-01-2011, 02:30 PM
Was out on location after the rig went down. We had some equipment on the rig.
First time seeing a rig sink like that for me.

Rig Mats
http://tntenergy.ca

Coldone
09-01-2011, 02:44 PM
To cool, I love seeing these kinda working pics.. I'd kill to get up into that area of the country.. know of any electrical companies that work up there LOL!

cccan
09-01-2011, 06:40 PM
I don't think Stat Oil was to happy those pictures got out:)

kodiakken
09-01-2011, 07:18 PM
Boo Hoo for Stat Oil that stuff happens every winter.
It was just their turn to have it happen to them.

Ken.