PDA

View Full Version : Travers?

weedcatcher
03-03-2011, 03:26 PM
I was thinking of going to Travers this Saturday with my little girls. I've never fished there before and I was wondering if anyone had any tips or suggestions to get into some fish. I don't need the MONSTERS, but some steady action to keep the little ones interested. I was planning to go to the Little Bow Campground and fish near the boat launch. Can anyone tell me a better idea?
Thanks

nicemustang
03-03-2011, 04:31 PM
That's a good plan, I'm sure you'll be fine. Fish near the big wooden structure.

weedcatcher
03-03-2011, 08:31 PM
Thanks! I've heard some talk of staying north near a spillway, but I'm not sure what kind of access there would be up there, and I'm not too comfortable with driving all accross an unfamiliar lake. Staying near the boat launch eliminates some of that risk, but I was afraid that maybe there's not much fish action to be had there. Thanks for the reassurance Mustang!

nicemustang
03-03-2011, 08:43 PM
When I wouldn't worry about being near a spillway in the winter! Summer yes, winter no.

hunter49
03-03-2011, 09:45 PM
I don't need the MONSTERS, but some steady action to keep the little ones interested.

If your looking for steady action, I'd probably think of going to chain or pine coulee. Thats just my 2 cents.