PDA

View Full Version : How much do you think us gun owners can take

fishnut9
03-04-2011, 04:11 AM
before we start to protest. We cant point a gun at intruders, we cant kill dogs attacking our children and we cant own a gun without the police thinking we are out to start a war. I believe that unless these gun laws are changed, as well as self defense laws one day we will all unite and protest. Now notice i said protest not riot. Time will come that we will get our say and that our fates will not be decided by some overprotective mother who has never touched a gun. Or by a politician trying to get brownie points from those mothers. Back in my country people were paid to sit on their porches at night with full auto armalites watching for criminals. I say give us concealed weapons lincenses. Give me the right to beat some punk for breaking into my garage. Most of all give me the right to protect my family. i bet if someone was to break into a police officers house, they would be shot and no one would be charged with anything. :fighting0007:

leo
03-04-2011, 05:49 AM
Firearms have never been the problem. People are the problem. There are most certainly people who should never be allowed to own a gun. There are also people in lobby group who fear their shadow. They think that the only way to make their world safe is to remove anything they are afraid of(Guns). I certainly don't profess to know how to solve these issues, but I do know it is very hard to change someones mind about something they fear. A people regisry makes more sence than a firearm registry IMO.

deanmc
03-04-2011, 06:03 AM
We can take a lot because we have a lot in this country. This aint Libya. Look how bad things got in those countries before any revolt happened. We will lose a little bit at a time and do nothing except wine to each other over coffee or beers.

rugatika
03-04-2011, 07:50 AM
We can take a lot because we have a lot in this country. This aint Libya. Look how bad things got in those countries before any revolt happened. We will lose a little bit at a time and do nothing except wine to each other over coffee or beers.

Yup. Canadians have time and again shown themselves to be a giant herd of sheep. Especially when it comes to losing our liberty. How many gun owners have we seen on here outright asking for a ban on something, like 30 round clips, or black guns, or whatever. It will be a long time before gun owners unite.

I swear to God, the government could be stealing half our income, and wasting it on whatever crap they wanted, living high on the hog with caviar dinners, flying all over the world and we'd keep electing the same schmucks over and over again. I was absolutely blown away after the libs got caught with their hands in the cookie jar over adscam, that they were still able to garner over 30% in the election. What the heck is wrong with people?

Anyway, it will be a LONG time before we see any significant improvement in the firearms issue in this country. We may get rid of the registry IF the cons get a majority, but that is not what I would call a SIGNIFICANT gain...

Zulu9er
03-04-2011, 07:54 AM
I swear to God, the government could be stealing half our income, and wasting it on whatever crap they wanted, living high on the hog with caviar dinners, flying all over the world and we'd keep electing the same schmucks over and over again. I was absolutely blown away after the libs got caught with their hands in the cookie jar over adscam, that they were still able to garner over 30% in the election. What the heck is wrong with people?

Because those voters who make up the 30% are from countrys where corruption and payola are as common as the morning sky!!! And when your living hand to mouth in your previous country, and health care, pensions, blah blah blah are given to you without question,, why wouldn't they vote for those clowns?

whitetail Junkie
03-04-2011, 08:19 AM
I cant believe the registry didnt get voted down.the majority of canadians want it gone and think that its a waste of time and tax payer's money.

I'm proud to be a gun owner,I cherish all my firearms and I do in away Have a sense of ease that there are firearms inside my house.

alodar
03-04-2011, 08:32 AM
You won't be allowed to own any guns before there's a protest, when its too late

Rod1960
03-04-2011, 08:35 AM
I cant believe the registry didnt get voted down.the majority of canadians want it gone and think that its a waste of time and tax payer's money.

I'm proud to be a gun owner,I cherish all my firearms and I do in away Have a sense of ease that there are firearms inside my house.

Because the grinning idiot and Layton thought they could garner votes from the bleeding hearts in Ontario by making their members vote it down in the name of safety.

Lonnie
03-04-2011, 09:32 AM
before we start to protest. We cant point a gun at intruders, we cant kill dogs attacking our children and we cant own a gun without the police thinking we are out to start a war. I believe that unless these gun laws are changed, as well as self defense laws one day we will all unite and protest. Now notice i said protest not riot. Time will come that we will get our say and that our fates will not be decided by some overprotective mother who has never touched a gun. Or by a politician trying to get brownie points from those mothers. Back in my country people were paid to sit on their porches at night with full auto armalites watching for criminals. I say give us concealed weapons lincenses. Give me the right to beat some punk for breaking into my garage. Most of all give me the right to protect my family. i bet if someone was to break into a police officers house, they would be shot and no one would be charged with anything. :fighting0007:

the only way Canada would have a protest is if we have a civil war and the government is making sure that that will never happen, as the gun registry makes it real easy to collect most fire arms at the first sign of a major protest. it has been done in a lot of countries quite success fully.

Shaggy
03-04-2011, 09:53 AM
I do in away Have a sense of ease that there are firearms inside my house.

I have 2 guns in my house. Well, I have one and my wife has one. Knowing they are there does not make me feel any safer. If I had an intruder come in, my guns would be absolutely useless.

1) Get the keys to the safe.
2) Run down to basement. (Excuse me Mr. Burglar, just gotta sneak by you here for a sec)
2) Open safe and get gun
3) Open lock box and get bolt
4) Put bolt in rifle
5) Put ammo in rifle
6) Go back upstairs
7) Scare off any intruders without breaking any laws.

Hockey sticks are closer and easier to swing. If you feel better because of your guns- great. I'm glad you have that peace of mind that you can protect you and your family. My guns just don't do it for me.

chasingtail
03-04-2011, 10:35 AM
Skip step 3 and 4 and step 5 have a clip already loaded and ready will save you some time. Or just keep it under your bed.

Shaggy
03-04-2011, 10:54 AM
This was based on following rules for firearm storage as I understand them. And I have nosey kids in the house I need to take extra precaution with. My rifle is a top load- no clip.
I forgot step 8.

8) Hire a lawyer because the burglar is suing me for emotional distress, and he hurt his ankle as he went running out of my house.

In short- Yes, I agree with the OP. It's too much. But it follows the same path as Safety in the workplace, and political correctness. It's all gone overboard.

CR5
03-05-2011, 07:52 PM
I have 2 guns in my house. Well, I have one and my wife has one. Knowing they are there does not make me feel any safer. If I had an intruder come in, my guns would be absolutely useless.

1) Get the keys to the safe.
2) Run down to basement. (Excuse me Mr. Burglar, just gotta sneak by you here for a sec)
2) Open safe and get gun
3) Open lock box and get bolt
4) Put bolt in rifle
5) Put ammo in rifle
6) Go back upstairs
7) Scare off any intruders without breaking any laws.

Hockey sticks are closer and easier to swing. If you feel better because of your guns- great. I'm glad you have that peace of mind that you can protect you and your family. My guns just don't do it for me.

I've never read anything about having to remove the bolt (what do I do with my semi-auto's, single shot, or lever action?) and I don't remember the instructor at my firearms course saying anything about that either (it was around 15 years ago though so some things may have changed).
My understanding is that an unrestricted firearm needs to be locked up or trigger-locked and the ammunition has to be stored in a different locker.
I own a few pistols so to simplify my home defence plan I bought a small pistol safe and have it in my bedroom and I use combination lock trigger-locks so I'm not fumbling for keys. I also have a Super bright LED flashlight next to my bed that will blind anyone who gets it in the face which will give me the upperhand even if I can't get to a pistol quickly.
Makes no difference when it comes to LEGAL self defence but I would rather do what is needed to protect myself and daughter and worry about the police later than sit back and be a law abiding victim.

Nosey kids should be taught firearms safety and trained that they do not touch a gun unless you are present and they have your permission NO EXCEPTIONS! My 9 year old daughter has had her own .22lr for 2 years and she knows that it is locked in one of my safes in the gun room and that she only gets to use and handle it when she is with me.

I hope I never need to use a firearm to protect myself or my daughter but I'm ready to do so if it means the difference between our safety and some piece of crap criminal who is trying to do us harm.

And you'll probably also be in a pile of trouble if you use a hockey stick on someone anyway so you may as well just do it right.
If you have time to pick up a hockey stick you thought about it and it's now a premeditated attack and not a natural self defence response.
Stupid Canadian laws make no sense so until they stop cutting policing budgets and start posting an officer on every corner to protect us propperly I will be prepared to protect myself and I may or may not call them to come clean up the mess I make of the bad guy defending myself.

trooper
03-05-2011, 07:58 PM
I remember years back 1991 or 92 when we had a ralley at the golden garter northlands Edmonton protesting bill C-68. It got us nowhere. The only real way of getting those stupid laws out of our hair is to separate from Ontario and Quebec. face it, there isn't a blasted thing we can do out here if the idiots east have a monopoly in voting. I know alot on this site may or may not agree with this but the way I see it, there is no other way. Alberta isn't strong enough to separate and her population is too divided so there will be no change to the status quo.

trooper
03-05-2011, 08:04 PM
I spoke with a member of the RCMP many years ago who advised me that if I caught an intruder to shoot first then get a knife that doesn't match anything in the house, place said knife in the dead mans hand then when you go to court tell "your honor" that "I feared for my life and that of my family and he lunged at me! oh by the way, I was in the process of cleaning my weapon when he broke in". The other tidbit is, "I'd rather be judged by 12 rather than carried by 6".

CNP
03-05-2011, 08:14 PM
I say give us concealed weapons lincenses. Give me the right to beat some punk for breaking into my garage. Most of all give me the right to protect my family. i bet if someone was to break into a police officers house, they would be shot and no one would be charged with anything.

You have the right to protect your family. I was with ya' until you spilled into "the right to beat some punk". So you have your concealed gun with you, or you don't.....doesn't matter......and you catch a punk in your garage. Do you kill him with your automatic or do you beat him? That appears to be your two courses of action. You defend your life or someone elses by taking someone out who is intending to kill you. You just don't go around shooting unarmed thieves who are running away and not threatening you. Apprehend the guy by whatever physical force necessary........beating and killing are going to get you into some serious trouble. Maybe you shouldn't own firearms? Or, maybe it's just the internet that brings this out in you?

pattycr125
03-05-2011, 09:03 PM
I swear to God, the government could be stealing half our income, and wasting it on whatever crap they wanted, living high on the hog with caviar dinners, flying all over the world and we'd keep electing the same schmucks over and over again. I was absolutely blown away after the libs got caught with their hands in the cookie jar over adscam, that they were still able to garner over 30% in the election. What the heck is wrong with people??

its hard to not vote for a shmuck when the only choices you have are shmucks
as in all politicians, the problem is that these "leaders" or in my words "*****in goofs" is that they are only leading because they are paid to, come on who puts 100% into their work nowadays they dont even care. everything in life seems to hAve some $ amount associated with it now

the world is going to sh*t face it

morals seem to be getting replaced by laws, but all it does is further opress people who have morals, because clearly a law will not stop somebody with no morals, the type of people for which laws are made.

so the only person losing is the "good man"

fishnut9
03-06-2011, 05:55 AM
You have the right to protect your family. I was with ya' until you spilled into "the right to beat some punk". So you have your concealed gun with you, or you don't.....doesn't matter......and you catch a punk in your garage. Do you kill him with your automatic or do you beat him? That appears to be your two courses of action. You defend your life or someone elses by taking someone out who is intending to kill you. You just don't go around shooting unarmed thieves who are running away and not threatening you. Apprehend the guy by whatever physical force necessary........beating and killing are going to get you into some serious trouble. Maybe you shouldn't own firearms? Or, maybe it's just the internet that brings this out in you?

I never said give me the right to shoot a punk with my concealed weapon did i. why do you speculate just take what i wrote without being to analytical about it. If someone is egging my house i should be allowed to beat his sorry ass. Lets say its a 12 year old kid i would give him a spanking with my belt, a 17 year old punk i would probably hit once then tie up. I never said i would do it either, i just want the right to do so.

North of 53
03-06-2011, 08:03 AM
Just a note as long as I am home I can have gun loaded and by my side at any and all times. It is only when I leave my home that I need to be sure that my guns are stored safely and legally. If I wish I can legally have a loaded gun beside me in my bed every night if I want and then lock it up every morning before I go to work.
My self I think it is just as important to work at building a country where I don't need a gun to keep my family safe as it is to work at building a country that I have the right to. Both things are worth working for and are not at odds with each other.

Twisted Canuck
03-06-2011, 08:39 AM
You know, every time I read these kind of threads, I ask myself where are you people living, that you have such a concern of 'punks and criminals' breaking into your house in the middle of the night? Is this some epidemic I wasn't aware of in certain parts of Canada? Don't get me wrong, my gun safe is upstairs in my office, next to my bedroom. I have a Sig P226 and three 12 gauge pumps in it, and readily available ammo and loaded mag. But it is because I enjoy shooting at the range and hunting, really not about 'defence'. Unless the Zombies come.

Really, I have an alarm on my house, which is rarely turned on (unless we are all gone). And realistically, if someone broke into my house, my (useless and harmless) dog would probably scare them off with all the barking. And if that doesn't work, my son must have a dozen hockey sticks and a couple bats in his room, just down the hall from my office....I'm not sleeping with a loaded gun next to my bed! If I'm that afraid, I'm not sleeping anyway....& I just don't think I need the 'right' to carry concealed weapons around, because the Boogie Man is out there waiting to do me and my family harm.

Frankly, the idea of living in the US where they are strongly excercising these CC rights, would scare the hell out of me more. Entirely too many mentally unbalanced people with far too easy access to firearms makes for a high death toll. I've lived in Mexico for a year, back in '92, in some little village in the Baja...then lived in the States for 4 yrs after that, and in various places in Canada the rest of the time. In 44 yrs, I've never had anybody break into my place, and I lived in some seedy areas in my poor youth. Never been in fear of my life either, unless you count the one occasion in a bar I should have never been at in the first place....Just a little common sense will protect you quite well. Don't go places and do things that might put you in a position of being harmed. It just seems like too many folks want to use The Fear Of What Might Happen as a reasonable justification for packing a gun everywhere, when really I think some people just think it would be cool to pack a gun everywhere (The Hollywood Syndrome). In my mind, that scare tactic is no different than the anti gun crowd freaking out and trying to scare the politicians into banning everything.

As far as the law goes, Canadian citizens do have the right to defend themselves and their families. If it comes down to it, by all means do what is necessary. I would, up to and including the use of a firearm and deadly force. But only if it really came to it, not because some punk grabbed my flatscreen and was haring out the bacak gate with it. I have insurance for that, I'm not killing somebody for stealing some 'stuff' from me, or beating them to a pulp for breaking into my shed or garage. Get a little balance.....I'm sure this post won't be terribly popular, but really, I don't care too much. I'm an avid gun owner and shooter, but all the crying about needing the right to pack a gun and be free to shoot scarey punks? Gimme a break. I have yet to see a pack of these scarey punks roaming the streets. Can you imagine how dangerous our country would be if every mojito drinking garden gnome was allowed to carry a gun to protect themselves??

jim-bo
03-06-2011, 04:44 PM
Self defensive is about self preservation which inherently becomes a question of reasonable force. What is reasonable force to stop someone from hitting you? Certainly not a gunshot. How about breaking into your house? Stabbing/cutting with a knife?

With forensics, any law enforcement agency could determine a relative distance, angle, and location of gunshot, other determinants such as blood spatter/dripping can determine the position of the attack/attacker as well as their movements and the direction/path of the bullet...

Surely people have seen CSI, lol.

trooper
03-12-2011, 04:54 PM
You know, every time I read these kind of threads, I ask myself where are you people living, that you have such a concern of 'punks and criminals' breaking into your house in the middle of the night? Is this some epidemic I wasn't aware of in certain parts of Canada? Don't get me wrong, my gun safe is upstairs in my office, next to my bedroom. I have a Sig P226 and three 12 gauge pumps in it, and readily available ammo and loaded mag. But it is because I enjoy shooting at the range and hunting, really not about 'defence'. Unless the Zombies come.

Really, I have an alarm on my house, which is rarely turned on (unless we are all gone). And realistically, if someone broke into my house, my (useless and harmless) dog would probably scare them off with all the barking. And if that doesn't work, my son must have a dozen hockey sticks and a couple bats in his room, just down the hall from my office....I'm not sleeping with a loaded gun next to my bed! If I'm that afraid, I'm not sleeping anyway....& I just don't think I need the 'right' to carry concealed weapons around, because the Boogie Man is out there waiting to do me and my family harm.

Frankly, the idea of living in the US where they are strongly excercising these CC rights, would scare the hell out of me more. Entirely too many mentally unbalanced people with far too easy access to firearms makes for a high death toll. I've lived in Mexico for a year, back in '92, in some little village in the Baja...then lived in the States for 4 yrs after that, and in various places in Canada the rest of the time. In 44 yrs, I've never had anybody break into my place, and I lived in some seedy areas in my poor youth. Never been in fear of my life either, unless you count the one occasion in a bar I should have never been at in the first place....Just a little common sense will protect you quite well. Don't go places and do things that might put you in a position of being harmed. It just seems like too many folks want to use The Fear Of What Might Happen as a reasonable justification for packing a gun everywhere, when really I think some people just think it would be cool to pack a gun everywhere (The Hollywood Syndrome). In my mind, that scare tactic is no different than the anti gun crowd freaking out and trying to scare the politicians into banning everything.

As far as the law goes, Canadian citizens do have the right to defend themselves and their families. If it comes down to it, by all means do what is necessary. I would, up to and including the use of a firearm and deadly force. But only if it really came to it, not because some punk grabbed my flatscreen and was haring out the bacak gate with it. I have insurance for that, I'm not killing somebody for stealing some 'stuff' from me, or beating them to a pulp for breaking into my shed or garage. Get a little balance.....I'm sure this post won't be terribly popular, but really, I don't care too much. I'm an avid gun owner and shooter, but all the crying about needing the right to pack a gun and be free to shoot scarey punks? Gimme a break. I have yet to see a pack of these scarey punks roaming the streets. Can you imagine how dangerous our country would be if every mojito drinking garden gnome was allowed to carry a gun to protect themselves??

There are "scary punks" roaming the streets, just not as many or as prevalent as the media would have us believe.

trooper
03-12-2011, 05:10 PM
Self defensive is about self preservation which inherently becomes a question of reasonable force. What is reasonable force to stop someone from hitting you? Certainly not a gunshot. How about breaking into your house? Stabbing/cutting with a knife?

With forensics, any law enforcement agency could determine a relative distance, angle, and location of gunshot, other determinants such as blood spatter/dripping can determine the position of the attack/attacker as well as their movements and the direction/path of the bullet...

Surely people have seen CSI, lol.

Ok Jimbo, Lets talk reasonable force for the sake of arguement, here is a frightening senario for you. You are faced with a 6'6" 400 lb man who just broke out of jail and took his escort hostage. He breaks into your house and before he steals your car he intimidates you and your wife. You live on a farm miles from nowhere and you have a rifle behind the door for predator protection because you are a rancher and the law says that you can.
You don't have a crystal ball and you have no idea what this maniac is going to do you. But you fear for your life and the lives of your wife and possibly your grandchildren who are watching this with abject fear in their eyes. I think under this circumstance, I would shoot first then sort it out later wouldn't you!? Obviously the man can easily overpower you given that both of you are unarmed. So, due to the fact that Mr. scumbag has invaded your sactuary and is threatening you and your family, you DO have the right to use lethal force to protect yourself am I right? I sure as hell would! Cause I can't carry a law enforcement officer in my back pocket and when seconds count, the cops are just minutes away isnt that true? Would you rather be judged by 12 or carried by six? Ok so I'm painting a worst case senario and they happen about 1 in a million right? would you like to be that one in a million? I sure wouldn't. maybe you should call that farmer near Chipman and see how he feels about this senario??:argue2:

Twisted Canuck
03-12-2011, 05:27 PM
In that scenario, Trooper, I would also agree that deadly use of a firearm is reasonable (particularily since the scenario you painted is that of an escaped convicted killer).....and it is indeed for those 1 in a million scenarios you painted that I would count myself as prepared, and hopefully capable of excercising my right to defend. But for the majority of situations that most of us will ever encounter, if we are reasonably cautious and aware, it won't be necessary to use deadly force on another person.

But, just in case.....

Grizzly Adams
03-12-2011, 05:40 PM

I guess the best we can hope for, is that someone picks your place for a home invasion robbery:lol:

Grizz

Twisted Canuck
03-12-2011, 07:37 PM
I guess the best we can hope for, is that someone picks your place for a home invasion robbery:lol:

Grizz

Should it ever happen, I'm prepared to deal with it as the occasion warrants. Baseball bat, Kershaw blade or 3" 12 g 00 Buckshot, 147 gr 9mm JPH, whatever...Oh yeah, the wife will dial 911 just to make sure there is someone coming to clean up the mess.... But the deadly force bit wouldn't be the first choice. I just can't get into that terrified paranoia of getting victimized. Predators eat sheep, they won't often go after another predator......it's the scared, cowed masses who lack self confidence who are the first to get victimized from what I've ever seen. But whatever, you can wish it on me Grizz, if it happens it'll probably make the papers, and you may be one of the first to contribute to my defense fund, if the NFA doesn't cover my 6. But I'm sure not going to walk around wishing I had a gun on me at all times because of all the scarey people who may hurt me.......Frankly, I'm way more terrified of dying in agony of cancer, and the odds of that happening to me are greater by several orders of magnitude... Cheers.

6.5x47 lapua
03-12-2011, 11:35 PM

how about montreal just a few years ago with a little known?bike club called the h+a.the biker wars shook up the city and made people fear the streets.that is the shape of things to come in this country whether you beleive it or not.i believe you should have a rightr to carry concealed in this country.and no our country would not turn into a dangerous place if everyone packed.i had the good fortune to attend a college in southeastern montana years ago on a rodeo scholarship.everybody packs down tghere and guess what,it sure as hell hasnt become the wild west!matter of fact,probably less crime per capita due to the fact criminals know they will get shot at.people down there have to apply for carry permits and are screened and scrutinized before they can ever get one.and yes lets speak of castle laws.you think it is ok if some punk is in your house?that shows the canadian mentality.just run off with the tv but please dont come back later(because now you are marked as an easy target) and rape my wife and children mr. criminal.oh and good luck with the local police force catching this *** let alone charging him.give this country 20 years and i guarantee you will sing a different tune.

Twisted Canuck
03-12-2011, 11:51 PM
how about montreal just a few years ago with a little known?bike club called the h+a.the biker wars shook up the city and made people fear the streets.that is the shape of things to come in this country whether you beleive it or not.i believe you should have a rightr to carry concealed in this country.and no our country would not turn into a dangerous place if everyone packed.i had the good fortune to attend a college in southeastern montana years ago on a rodeo scholarship.everybody packs down tghere and guess what,it sure as hell hasnt become the wild west!matter of fact,probably less crime per capita due to the fact criminals know they will get shot at.people down there have to apply for carry permits and are screened and scrutinized before they can ever get one.and yes lets speak of castle laws.you think it is ok if some punk is in your house?that shows the canadian mentality.just run off with the tv but please dont come back later(because now you are marked as an easy target) and rape my wife and children mr. criminal.oh and good luck with the local police force catching this *** let alone charging him.give this country 20 years and i guarantee you will sing a different tune.

I lived in the US for years....still wasn't afraid. Breathe through the nose partner, just breathe....no punks in my house bud, none....ever.....relax, it's gonna be OK. Nothing to be scared of........:scared0018: Not everybody was afraid, and not everybody got killed.....

Gotta be a drag to be afraid of the bogeyman all the time, but if you wanna sleep with a loaded gun, be my guest.

justinO
03-13-2011, 01:36 AM
Twisted Canuck i understand where you are coming from and I am glad you feel safe in your home with your alarm but I believe from your posts if it comes down to it you will do whatever it takes to protect your family as would anyone. I dont know where you live or type of neighborhood but you have to understand there are some bad places. I have lived and live where you have to be prepared both in canada and currently in the usa. My friend was held at gunpoint in his house a block from where my parents live as he was robbed and its not a horrible place nice area of north Edmonton. Since then I sleep with a 20 gauge and shells right next to my bed every night. If I have to go to jail because I shot a person trying to hurt my family well I will sleep good in jail every night knowing they are alive. Just my opinion. And to be clear shooting is the absolute last resort but the confidence i would have if a burglar is standing across the room looking at me when i have a loaded gun in my hands would probably be enough for me to scare the guy off.. :fighting0030:

fishnut9
03-13-2011, 07:06 AM
You know, every time I read these kind of threads, I ask myself where are you people living, that you have such a concern of 'punks and criminals' breaking into your house in the middle of the night? Is this sine epidemic I wasn't aware of in certain parts of Canada? Don't get me wrong, my gun safe is upstairs in my office, next to my bedroom. I have a Sig P226 and three 12 gauge pumps in it, and readily available ammo and loaded mag. But it is because I enjoy shooting at the range and hunting, really not snot 'defence'. Unless the Zombies come.

Really, I have an alarm on my house, which is rarely turned on (unless we are all gone). And realistically, if someone broke into my house, my (useless and harmless) dog would probably scare them off with all the barking. And if that doesn't work, my son must have a dozen hockey sticks and a couple bats in his room, just down the hall from my office....I'm not sleeping worth a loaded gun next to my bed! If I'm that afraid, I'm not sleeping anyway....& I just don't think I need the 'right' to carry concealed weapons around, because the Boogie Man is out there waiting to do me and my family harm.

Frankly, the idea of living in the US where they are strongly excercising these CC rights, would scare the hell out of me mite. Entirely too many mentally unbalanced people with far too easy access to firearms makes for a high death toll. I've lived in Mexico for a year, back in '92, in some little village in the Baja...then lived in the States for 4 yrs after that, and in various places in Canada the rest of the time. In 44 yrs, I've bennet had anybody break into my place, and I lived in some seedy areas in my poor youth. Never been in fear of my life either, unless you count the one occasion in a bar I should have never been at in the first place....Just a little common sense will protect you quite well. Don't go places and do things that might put you in a position of being harmed. It just seems like too many folks want to use The Fear Of What Might Happen as a reasonable justification for packing a gun everywhere, when really I think some people just think it would be cool to pack a gun everywhere (The Hollywood Syndrome). In my mind, that scare tactic is no different than the anti gun crowd freaking out and trying to scare the politicians into banning everything.

As far as the law goes, Canadian citizens do have the right to defend themselves and their families. If it comes down to it, by all means do what is necessary. I would, up to and including the use of a firearm and deadly force. But only if it really came to it, not because some punk grabbed my flatscreen and was haring out the bacak gate with it. I have insurance for that, I'm not killing somebody for stealing some 'stuff' from me, or beating them to a pulp for breaking into my shed or garage. Get a little balance.....I'm sure this post won't be terribly popular, but really, I don't care too much. I'm an avid gun owner and shooter, but all the crying about needing the right to pack a gun and be free to shoot scarey punks? Gimme a break. I have yet to see a pack of these scarey punks roaming the streets. Can you imagine how dangerous our country would be if every mojito drinking garden gnome was allowed to carry a gun to protect themselves??i live in gp like you.there have been 5 break ins at crystal lake where I live. Also 3 cars vandalized.my brother in law was also attacked and jumped by some drunk punks behind the mall across the train tracks.his friend was in a coma for months. They picked up a 2x4and brutally beat him and his friend for no reason. it was in the papers. His friend now has disabilities while my bil has a 25k dental bill. Gp is not as safe as you think. I'm glad you haven't experienced such events but don't act like its paranoia.

So Nova *!%
03-13-2011, 07:35 AM
i live in gp like you.there have been 5 break ins at crystal lake where I live. Also 3 cars vandalized.my brother in law was also attacked and jumped by some drunk punks behind the mall across the train tracks.his friend was in a coma for months. They picked up a 2x4and brutally beat him and his friend for no reason. it was in the papers. His friend now has disabilities while my bil has a 25k dental bill. Gp is not as safe as you think

No place is as safe as you think it is, I drove night shift taxi for 2.5 years in Lethbridge it is every bit as seedy as 118 ave east of 99 st (north ) edmondchuck
I have been burglarized twice in my life once on the day I moved to G.P thieves broke into my still very full car and grabbed my bass guitar travel amp and two custom knives I'd made ( no need for a gun I was asleep and never saw them )
second time was in eddy chuck and i was dealing with some bmf and doing crystal meth got cleaned out when I wasn't home again the guns wouldn't have helped
Now that I think for myself without a drug induced fog, I believe that reasonable access to my guns for family protection is a good thing, And I've actually taken the time to get to know my neighbors

6.5x47 lapua
03-13-2011, 01:47 PM
some people just refuse to see the big picture until it happens to them.it must suck going through life with blinders on.oh,let me add that i am the furthest thing from paranoid you will ever find!

Shanebear
03-13-2011, 02:01 PM
No place is as safe as you think it is, I drove night shift taxi for 2.5 years in Lethbridge it is every bit as seedy as 118 ave east of 99 st (north ) edmondchuck
I have been burglarized twice in my life once on the day I moved to G.P thieves broke into my still very full car and grabbed my bass guitar travel amp and two custom knives I'd made ( no need for a gun I was asleep and never saw them )
second time was in eddy chuck and i was dealing with some bmf and doing crystal meth got cleaned out when I wasn't home again the guns wouldn't have helped
Now that I think for myself without a drug induced fog, I believe that reasonable access to my guns for family protection is a good thing, And I've actually taken the time to get to know my neighbors

Crazy, I ride cabs home from the bars all the time here but I suppose that's a different crowd of people.

So Nova *!%
03-13-2011, 02:36 PM
Crazy, I ride cabs home from the bars all the time here but I suppose that's a different crowd of people.

It is (a different crowd), but my point really is it's as bad or as good as you perceive.
get to know the people around your 'hood you don't need to be friends but you should be able to tell who belongs and who should be passing through

My Ex moved to the 'bridge because she was afraid of edmontchuck because any day of the week we could walk around our 'hood and find used hypodermics . But per capita Lethbridge I would guess we have equal injection addicts even have a methadone clinic people don't see stuff like that because if they ever get wind of it it's always "not in my neighborhood" but you may be living right next door to a half way house and never know it people are there to re enter society and most don't want to go back to where they just came from.
walk around where you live,know who your neighbors are and you will be able to tell if a house has a new tenant, and if that house starts getting large amounts of traffic at all hours don't be surprised to see the LEO's outside of that house sooner or later
Pay attention to those around you and you shouldn't be caught off guard, prepare accordingly and also JIC

Rem - P14
03-13-2011, 08:52 PM
This is a very good thread as it echoes so many sentiments surrounding the issue as a whole. I will not belabour the readers with my half-baked analysis of the situation. To my way of thinking, there is but one conclusion to which we can possibly arrive anyway.
Our firearms are for recreational purposes only. The secondary uses to which they may be applied are extremely "last resort" in nature. The day we forget that little tidbit we had all better beware for we will have then become worse than the forces besetting us.
The skilled fighter knows there is no honour in whipping the common man. He may go his whole life without ever clenching his fist outside the ring or drawing his gun away from the range.

nanuk-O-dah-Nort
03-13-2011, 10:00 PM
You know, every time I read these kind of threads, I ask myself where are you people living, that you have such a concern of 'punks and criminals' breaking into your house in the middle of the night?

Listen to the news out of Regina or Saskatoon... or Lil ol' St Louis

5 years ago, there was a rash of breakins in my area. Everyone thought nothing of it as it always happened when no one was home so the figured the homes (all rural) were being cased for resistance free entry, and therefore nonviolent.

that all changed when they broke into an old couples house, held them at gunpoint while the others cleaned the house out. The thieves used a Large delivery type truck.

it only takes once.

we need a castle law.

There is only one reason some one would break into your house uninvited. and that is to do you harm!!!

You come into my house uninvited, you get shot!

nanuk-O-dah-Nort
03-13-2011, 10:06 PM

Reasonable force is whatever the VICTIM deems reasonable AND NECESSARY.

I can't fight, neither can my wife. A man breaks into my house, it is REASONABLE and NECESSARY for me to use deadly force.

force met with equivalent force is a joke... let me ask you this, if it was 3am, and two smaller guys broke into your home, and it was just you and your wife, are You ABSOLUTELY sure you and her could take them down without weapons? are you sure they aren't carrying a knife on them somewhere?

Sorry, We need a castle law where my home is mine to protect as I see fit.
no one has a right to enter anothers house uninvited. EVER.

OH.. and you should look up the definition of "Grevious Bodily Harm" in the Criminal Code and Law books..... You will get an interesting education

Twisted Canuck
03-13-2011, 11:04 PM
some people just refuse to see the big picture until it happens to them.it must suck going through life with blinders on.oh,let me add that i am the furthest thing from paranoid you will ever find!

The Big Picture is that I am prudent and cautious. I have ready access to a large number of firearms and ammo in my home, I have a useless but loud dog and an alarm system. Would I use force to protect my family, even if I had to kill an intruder who threatened our safety? I believe so. Would I kill someone for stealing stuff from my shed or work van parked in my driveway, or tools from my garage? No. Am I living in constant fear of bad people doing bad things to me or my family? No. Could it happen? Anything is possible, which is why I'm prepared like a boyscout. Does your comment about my life sucking because you mistakenly believe I have blinders on hurt my feelings? Nope, not at all. My life is completely awesome and rewarding. When you're ready to join the adult conversation, jump in.

fishnut9
03-14-2011, 05:49 AM
The Big Picture is that I am prudent and cautious. I have ready access to a large number of firearms and ammo in my home, I have a useless but loud dog and an alarm system. Would I use force to protect my family, even if I had to kill an intruder who threatened our safety? I believe so. Would I kill someone for stealing stuff from my shed or work van parked in my driveway, or tools from my garage? No. Am I living in constant fear of bad people doing bad things to me or my family? No. Could it happen? Anything is possible, which is why I'm prepared like a boyscout. Does your comment about my life sucking because you mistakenly believe I have blinders on hurt my feelings? Nope, not at all. My life is completely awesome and rewarding. When you're ready to join the adult conversation, jump in.
Well whatever the laws are now it sure as hell not working do why not change.but like I said until you get jumped in a supposedly safe place for no reason and beat half to death then you can tell me we should not carry. One shot to the air would have stopped the whole attack.

fishnut9
03-14-2011, 05:53 AM
This is a very good thread as it echoes so many sentiments surrounding the issue as a whole. I will not belabour the readers with my half-baked analysis of the situation. To my way of thinking, there is but one conclusion to which we can possibly arrive anyway.
Our firearms are for recreational purposes only. The secondary uses to which they may be applied are extremely "last resort" in nature. The day we forget that little tidbit we had all better beware for we will have then become worse than the forces besetting us.
The skilled fighter knows there is no honour in whipping the common man. He may go his whole life without ever clenching his fist outside the ring or drawing his gun away from the range.
All very true.but when I need to fight my hands and feet are there.when the fight is unfair I want my pistol by my side so i don't end up being stabbed for 50$.

Twisted Canuck
03-14-2011, 08:04 AM
Well whatever the laws are now it sure as hell not working do why not change.but like I said until you get jumped in a supposedly safe place for no reason and beat half to death then you can tell me we should not carry. One shot to the air would have stopped the whole attack.

Has this happened to you? I don't read about this happening much around here....It hasn't to me, probably because I'm just not a guy who goes out anywhere much....work, hockey arenas, home. Pretty much my life. Very safe, except for the odd puck that comes over the boards......Really, if you want to live someplace where you can pack your gun around for safey all the time, you could always move to the US?

fishnut9
03-14-2011, 08:53 AM
Has this happened to you? I don't read about this happening much around here....It hasn't to me, probably because I'm just not a guy who goes out anywhere much....work, hockey arenas, home. Pretty much my life. Very safe, except for the odd puck that comes over the boards......Really, if you want to live someplace where you can pack your gun around for safey all the time, you could always move to the US?

No it happened to my brother in law right behind my house.i could move to the us but we could also grow as a nation and stop being scared of change.not everything makes it to the papers. Did you hear about the break ins in my area I bet not.

super7mag
03-14-2011, 09:28 AM
Reasonable force or a true form of justice? The justice system in this country was built by defence lawyers real criminals get a slap on the wrist, and anyone using selfdefence against the commision of the crime will get punished to the full extent of the law. The liberal judges and lawyers will see to it.
This is a true story from X-mas 2007, My cousin and his in laws were all heading to the mountains to go sledding on boxing day. They had everything loadded and ready to go x-mas day, then they left his FIL place, Alarm in the house, 2 german shepard dogs, and a locked gate and fenced yard. They went back to my cousins for x-mas supper. When the supper and gifts were all exchanged his FiL and MIL, went home. When they arrived there gate was ripped off the hinges, the ford f 350 and enclosed trailer were gone, the garage door was kicked in but nothing taken as the alarm must have went off.Now here is the worst part of the story, Who ever ripped the gate off the hinges was confronted by the two family pets aka gard dogs, the dogs were beaten to a pulp with what rcmp figuerd was a lond piece nof logging chain, the one dog was so badly beaten they had to put it down, the other recoverd but is now so timid and scared of everyone but the actual in-laws. Insurance replaced the truck trailer and sleds, fixed the gate and fixed the garage door, but nothing has fixed the fact they are now still scared to be home in their own house. The same mo was used a month later, with less sucsess to attempt to steal the new truck and sleds, they got the gate ripped off, but something or some one scared them off. Now my cousins Fil does not own any guns, has never has hunted nd he is not a small dude but he is intimidated. Any person(S) willing to beat down a dog like that has absolutley no respect for life and or the law. IMPO the only thing they know and understand would be to get caught and beaten down them slves in the same manner in which they would attack the dog. this is the only thing that may be a true deterent to men like this. There are so many if's, what if the 17 year old daughter went home earlier like she had planned, What if people were home and confronted the men, obviously without a weapon. While the Rcmp were concerened with the savagery of the attack, all of the theft stuff was shrugged off as in buissniess as usual. No one has beeen caught or charged in this event.
If it were up to me and these guys were apprehended their sentence would be to spend the rest of thier days as traing dummys for the K-9 unit, with less then average protection on of course enough to keep them alive for the next days training. If anyone ever gets arrested with this or a similar crime they will probably get a stiffer sentence for cruelty to animals, then they would have for assaulting a person.
I think that in Alberta we should have the " protecting you Castle law" take some rights away from criminals and give them back to the people that are just going about their daily buisiness. If you come onto my property looking for trouble I should have the right to dish out Trouble. Take that for what you may, but that is the way I see it.

6.5x47 lapua
03-14-2011, 11:57 AM
Reasonable force or a true form of justice? The justice system in this country was built by defence lawyers real criminals get a slap on the wrist, and anyone using selfdefence against the commision of the crime will get punished to the full extent of the law. The liberal judges and lawyers will see to it.
This is a true story from X-mas 2007, My cousin and his in laws were all heading to the mountains to go sledding on boxing day. They had everything loadded and ready to go x-mas day, then they left his FIL place, Alarm in the house, 2 german shepard dogs, and a locked gate and fenced yard. They went back to my cousins for x-mas supper. When the supper and gifts were all exchanged his FiL and MIL, went home. When they arrived there gate was ripped off the hinges, the ford f 350 and enclosed trailer were gone, the garage door was kicked in but nothing taken as the alarm must have went off.Now here is the worst part of the story, Who ever ripped the gate off the hinges was confronted by the two family pets aka gard dogs, the dogs were beaten to a pulp with what rcmp figuerd was a lond piece nof logging chain, the one dog was so badly beaten they had to put it down, the other recoverd but is now so timid and scared of everyone but the actual in-laws. Insurance replaced the truck trailer and sleds, fixed the gate and fixed the garage door, but nothing has fixed the fact they are now still scared to be home in their own house. The same mo was used a month later, with less sucsess to attempt to steal the new truck and sleds, they got the gate ripped off, but something or some one scared them off. Now my cousins Fil does not own any guns, has never has hunted nd he is not a small dude but he is intimidated. Any person(S) willing to beat down a dog like that has absolutley no respect for life and or the law. IMPO the only thing they know and understand would be to get caught and beaten down them slves in the same manner in which they would attack the dog. this is the only thing that may be a true deterent to men like this. There are so many if's, what if the 17 year old daughter went home earlier like she had planned, What if people were home and confronted the men, obviously without a weapon. While the Rcmp were concerened with the savagery of the attack, all of the theft stuff was shrugged off as in buissniess as usual. No one has beeen caught or charged in this event.
If it were up to me and these guys were apprehended their sentence would be to spend the rest of thier days as traing dummys for the K-9 unit, with less then average protection on of course enough to keep them alive for the next days training. If anyone ever gets arrested with this or a similar crime they will probably get a stiffer sentence for cruelty to animals, then they would have for assaulting a person.
I think that in Alberta we should have the " protecting you Castle law" take some rights away from criminals and give them back to the people that are just going about their daily buisiness. If you come onto my property looking for trouble I should have the right to dish out Trouble. Take that for what you may, but that is the way I see it.

exactly.we are just starting to see the crime levels that the americans deal with every day.saying this wont ever happen to you is like saying there is no organized crime or drug problems in canada.having to point a weapon at another human being would be a terrible thing to have to do but protecting your life and investments should be your right.

Rem - P14
03-15-2011, 04:46 AM
All very true.but when I need to fight my hands and feet are there.when the fight is unfair I want my pistol by my side so i don't end up being stabbed for 50$.

There is no arguing with your logic. In the final analysis I guess I feel exactly the same way you do. Just like Twisted Canuck says though I am trying to look at the bigger picture and we have to realize just how loaded t he gun truly is. There is a tremendous responsibility on our shoulders.
I once heard a comedian say that a very large percentage of impulsive, violent acts happen when people are behind the wheel of a car. He then went on to say:
"Does it not only follow that the glove compartment of your car is exactly the wrong place to keep a gun?"
Thank-you for considering both sides of this debate and recognizing all the grey areas.
Rem

D-Cell
03-22-2011, 04:11 PM
More guns by responsible citizens equals less gun crimes ALWAYS.

Here is the reason the leftist, seperatist parties first said you cant defend yourself with a firearm, you get 5 years in jail for pointing a firearm at someone.

And next they are saying there is no reason to have one when cellphones are killing more people with brain cancer and people talking on them while driving.

Liberals:
1) "I came to Ottawa . . . with the firm belief that the only people in this country who should have guns are police officers and soldiers." --Liberal minister of justice, Allan Rock, 1994.

A police state, well that is what G 20 was a prelude to.

2) "C-68 has little to do with gun control or crime control, but it is the first step necessary to begin the social re-engineering of Canada." --Liberal senator Sharon Carstairs, 1996.

Communism!!

3) "Canada will be one of the first unarmed countries in the world." --Liberal foreign affairs minister Lloyd Axworthy, 1998.

4) "Disarming the Canadian public is part of the new humanitarian social agenda." -- Liberal foreign affairs minister Lloyd Axworthy at a gun control conference, Oslo, Norway, 1998

5)“This government does not believe that public safety is enhanced by carrying weapons. In fact, it has been a long-standing Canadian government practice to discourage the use of personal defense weapons.” - Former Liberal Minister of Justice Anne McLellan 1999

There is only 1 party to vote for Conservative. All the rest want to ban them.

The UN, IANSA, the RCMP, and the Liberals are all lieing to get there way.

Infact the Chiefs of police had a write up on their website on how long guns are really evil and commiting all these crimes. So you know if the LIEbrals and all the other parties get in they will be banning them all.

Like havent we learnt from history? The NAZIs did this, another great socialist party.

More guns equals less crimes, look at switzerland. No one is going to break into your house if they THINK you may have one.

And no goverement is going to sieze your paycheck if they THINK lots of the civilians have them.

Lybia a prime example gun control is Genocide, as well as Russia, China, and Nazi Germany.

It all changes slowly overtime. In fact in England they have talked about your employer cutting a paycheck to the goverment, and from there, the goverment gives you a check with the PROPER DEDUCTIONS.

Well that is communism, socialism evil brother.

D-Cell
03-22-2011, 04:17 PM

I plan on it.

Wait till the MS 13 moves in. The cops in Brazil shoot those guys on the street like vermon AS SOON AS THEY SEE THEM for a reason.

Maybe wait till the country is over run with them and they come into your house for a gang initiation rape your family, and chop your wife up first with a machette, and then shoot you.

Criminals will always be criminals.

Canada is changing, lots of B&Es where I live in a good part.

We have a immigration problem, not a gun problem.

Rem - P14
03-22-2011, 08:00 PM
I truly do long for a return to the days when the vast majority of Canadian citizens were considered mature and responsible enough to purchase, own, handle and store firearms. This presumption seemed to come automatically at one time. Somehow, either through our own behavior or the successful manipulation of others we find our presumed responsibility slipping.
The question then seems to me to be: How do we go about getting that trust back? The answer would appear to be that we simply don't. Our population, cultural base and individual value systems are now far too large, varied and firmly entrenched to manage back to the way things were. A new system will probably have to be instituted. A system that will not include us surrendering our firearms.
Guns have been a part of our heritage for many generations. So much so that they are a part of our culture and really should remain that way. In the end, after all is settled and there emerges a new and improved order I know I will be able to take inventory of many of the new and improved safety measures that will be the result of this struggle and see at least some wisdom to them ... but my guns will still be with me. Common sense will prevail somehow if we keep on pulling together.

Twisted Canuck
03-22-2011, 11:23 PM
I plan on it.

Wait till the MS 13 moves in. The cops in Brazil shoot those guys on the street like vermon AS SOON AS THEY SEE THEM for a reason.

Maybe wait till the country is over run with them and they come into your house for a gang initiation rape your family, and chop your wife up first with a machette, and then shoot you.Criminals will always be criminals.

Canada is changing, lots of B&Es where I live in a good part.

We have a immigration problem, not a gun problem.

Wow. Just wow....are you wishing that on me to make me think like you do?

As I pointed out, I am nicely equipped to deal with any situation that may occur in my home. First off, I have a monitored alarm system, it warms me quite nicely, as well as the police. Second, I have a safe with a Sig 9mm, 3 pump action 12 g shotguns, and a mess of rifles. All of which I have ready access to, with appropriate ammunition, and which my entire family is profficient in the use of. Having said that, I'm still just not terrified of your 'oh so scarey gang' scenario coming to overrun the country, and do all these things to me or mine. Your scare tactics are as blatant and offensive as the anti gun, ban them all gang, and equally as knee jerk reactionary.

Yep, criminals will always be criminals, and people who behave responsibly and cautiously will always try to be prepared to deal with it. But it sure doesn't mean that every person in this country should have the legal right to pack a loaded firearm everywhere.

Enjoy your move to the US, it's a great country to live in too. Safe travels.

Lonnie
03-23-2011, 06:23 AM
their are a lot of violent crimes committed that the general public never hears about and if your out and about you hear of some and it seems like a lot, but like the people that went missing from their motor home last summer the out come may have been different if they would have been armed even the possibility that they maybe armed would make a criminal think twice even if they are old, but in Canada you could take any 100 senor citizens motor homes and I would bet that you would find no restricted firearms (pistol). the states about 50/50, criminals no who is an easy target and who is not a 9mm to a 45 is not something that a criminal takes lightly or will even chance unless the odds are 85% in his favor even if the hands holding a pistol are 90 years old. the worst part is That most of these crimes are never solved.even murder only about 3% are solved. and know town or city wants there voilent crimes advertized. but their there. IF you want to look but most won't look past there nose. if its not in the news papper or on TV it never happend. and that is why we have these stupid gun laws.

ogger
03-24-2011, 06:58 PM
One generation can topple the whole registry on it's head. All that has to be done is make sure no one else living in your household has a PAL. That way after you move on up to the big hunt in the sky, when the rc's come looking for your guns the response is "What guns?". The way I interpret the legislation no where does it say that anyone else in your home is legally able to possess, obligated or liable for those weapons if they do not possess a PAL. You're in the ground who they going to take it up with? I've informed a couple of friends whom I trust to do the right thing that they had best not show up to the funeral if my guns are still in the house. Don't forget that when pushed you CAN push back. All it takes is teamwork.

burningfreak
03-25-2011, 05:42 PM
I also live in Grande Prairie Twisted Canuck. I've been here my whole life and have seen a big change in this town. I regret to say that it isn't the place I grew up in anymore and over the course of the past few years I have seen enough violence starting to crop up that I have strongly considered moving the gunsafe into my bedroom. The one that really made me consider it was the fellow who was stabbed to death on the sidewalk about 50 yards from my house. Like any other person out there I would protect my family, should the need arise, but I do agree with you in the thinking that we need not all live in fear of thugs breaking into our houses and murdering our families. I think that for the most part, we're sportsman here, we have firearms for the purpose of doing the activities we love. If by some random chance you are targeted by murderous thugs, sure, use what you have to defend your family, but use discretion. I for one know I'm glad that every Nitwit around doesn't have the right to tote a handgun based on the criteria that he's of legal age. Sure it would be nice to have the right to carry one out where it might be helpful for bear protection and the like, but do I really need to be cruising around town with one under the seat of my truck? I view my guns as tools and use them as such. I think it does our cause as sportsmen no good to obsess about the "one in a million" chance where you might have to shoot someone for a noble reason. That just solidifies the viewpoint of those opposed to our way of life that "guns are dangerous and should be banned". Those people are motivated by fear and we should not let ourselves be in that same boat.

Twisted Canuck
03-25-2011, 08:23 PM
Thanks for undertanding what I said, and you made a great response! I agree GP has got it's issues and seedy side, but frankly the decisions I make about my life tends to insulate me from this. I work, I go to hockey games, I go home to a nice neighborhood, where I know my neighbors, and which I believe is pretty safe. If I hung out in some of the scuzzy bars, and my friends were a bunch of low lifes, then I'd be inviting trouble I guess.....good decisions tend to lead to good results. And for the one in a million incident that might happen, home invasion or whatever, well, I'll deal with it the way that seems best at the time. I'm still not going to kill anyone for stealing my stuff. But don't try to harm my family......TC

gitrdun
03-25-2011, 08:50 PM

I like the sound of that. Maybe you'll be a whole lot happier....eh!

mikestuart
03-25-2011, 09:18 PM

have to agree on that. but i also have to say if my country (Canada) had to pay people to sit on porches with full auto's i would probably go somewhere else too. oh ya full auto is way overrated its fun as hell to dump a mag in 1.2 sec but you cant hit ****.

Twisted Canuck
03-25-2011, 09:42 PM

Glad to see I wasn't the only one who noticed that....and caught wiffs of it in other threads by same.

mikestuart
03-26-2011, 01:05 AM
hate to say it but any time i hear the words "back in my country" all i can think is then go back to your country.