PDA

View Full Version : westerner show this weekend /Mar 5th

wolf308
03-04-2011, 06:26 AM
outdoor show in red deer /westerner grounds. i heard les johnson was gonna be there , can anybody confirm this rumour??? could get him to sign a distress caller 4 me.LOL. also is it a gunshow too or what??? dare someone to get in a yote suit and run in front of him.LOL

wolf308
03-04-2011, 09:50 AM
yeah went online and loked around,yeah hes gonna be there among other buck hunter type pros,giving a seminar or sum such thing. probably promoting a new coyote caller i imagine.it would be cool to talk to him though,cause im such a varmint hunt enthusiast.

decker
03-04-2011, 02:34 PM
I am going to be there tomorrow anybody else going?

slipbobber
03-04-2011, 09:58 PM
Im going to check it out tomorrow afternoon. Looking for a new fishfinder. Haven't been there for a couple years but hope its not the same old show its been since I moved to Red Deer.

go-big-or-go-home
03-05-2011, 08:12 AM
Hoping to head over later this afternoon.

duffy4
03-05-2011, 08:40 AM
I was there last night (Fri.) and it was similar to most years. Having missed A.O. magazine last year in Australia, I picked up the whole years worth of back issues.

There were some huskies there from a dog sled outfit and some "obedience trained" dogs. I wonder what they thought of the predator Guy calling pretty loud through out the evening?

Lots of "toy hauler" RVs. Does anyone walk anymore?

moosehunter3-0
03-05-2011, 08:53 PM
Was there tonight. Was a pretty good show actually. Put in for the hunt of a lifetime raffle, Weatherby Vangaurd 25-06, and 3 random guns (never paid attention to what they were). Went to Les Johnsons predator quest stand and picked up a ruffie dog. Cody Robbins showed his goat hunt footage and had a booth set up, so went to meet him as well. All in all was a pretty decent show, it's been a couple years since I've been, at least now its 5% hunting, 95% boats instead of the usual 100% boats :lol:

slipbobber
03-05-2011, 11:23 PM
I took in the show this afternoon and it hasn't changed much over the years. Bought a raffle ticket fron the Sundre Trappers Association and I just noticed that it has a draw date of February 12, 2011. Are they selling tickets for a draw that has already happened? If someone is going there tomorrow can you ask whats going on. Ill see if they have a web site and try finding out what they are triing to pull off.

moosehunter3-0
03-05-2011, 11:29 PM
I took in the show this afternoon and it hasn't changed much over the years. Bought a raffle ticket fron the Sundre Trappers Association and I just noticed that it has a draw date of February 12, 2011. Are they selling tickets for a draw that has already happened? If someone is going there tomorrow can you ask whats going on. Ill see if they have a web site and try finding out what they are triing to pull off.

^I'm pretty sure it's actually march 17th. They are aware of the date issue.

slipbobber
03-05-2011, 11:41 PM
I was pretty sure it was just a screw up but they might want to proof read anything they send to the printers.

wolf308
03-06-2011, 03:28 AM
went there lasr nite and got to talk to les johnson,super nice guy, i tried to pick his brain ,taught me a few things ,but alot i allready knew ,but still. nice guy, got a ruffydog too and his bro and assisstant talked me into buying 4 of his vids,wasnt hard,but how many hours can you watch coyotes getting shot.LOL. so with the new caller and all the footage theyir not gonna stand a chance this summer and fall. oh yeah, told him what a big fan of pred quest i was and got a pictured autograph from him for my reloading room. had a good time.and yes lots of boats

decker
03-06-2011, 07:38 AM
I went yesterday it was super busy bought my tickets for the minister sheep draw and my FNAWS tickets. I was able to meet Rob I took in two presentations by Les Johson and Cody off of Live @ Hunt. I thought it was a good show but again two many Boats and Trailers.

duffy4
03-06-2011, 11:38 AM
One trailer or one (of the bigger) boat takes up about as much space as one or two hunt/fish/camp/ displays.

Over all I don't think there are "too many" boats and trailers. They really don't interest me much but I understand why they are there.

One thing about the show I like is that there are lots of families with wives and kids there. The kids are getting exposed to lots of good outdoor things. I even saw women with kids and no man with them. These are the people that often don't get exposed to outdoor stuff.

outdoors unlimited
03-07-2011, 07:31 AM
Duffy you are right, we went to the show and it was great to see young families participating. Also good to see professionals like Les Johnston and Cody Robins coming to a smaller show like Red Deer instead of just hitting the large shows. Of course all the kids, and some adults had the AHEIA antlers on and AHEIA had their trailers for shooting with a line-up of kids...all in all I enjoyed it, I thought it was a better show than Calgary.