PDA

View Full Version : marie and cold lake

35 whelen
03-04-2011, 09:44 AM
heading to cold lake this weekend ,might try marie lake for some eyes on sun anyone been there thisyear hows fishing been and access on lake thanks for any info

critter
03-04-2011, 07:10 PM
I was there last weekend, and driving on was easy in a 4X4. Along the main trails, its easy goin, but once you get off in the deep stuff, it gets tougher and you gotta keep your speed up and hope you dont hit drifts. @ wheel drive can not do it. I dont think it snowed much since i was there and we never got stuck, but saw 1 guy digging. Very do-able. We only used the PP drive on so im not sure of the other ones. Fishing was awesome, average of 20 fish days, 3-15 lbs. Going back this next weekend. let us know how you make out, cheers

The Great Outdoors
03-04-2011, 07:22 PM
Lots of tough driving off the main paths at Cold. Some places its even difficult to turn around. Ran into a "lip sealer" of a hole which will of course be explored again. Marie was equally difficult, but a lot less traffic and I would avoid it if you dont have 4X4, or at least a dozen, drunken, shovel, wielding buddies.