PDA

View Full Version : Restricted firearms course

Rayzor
03-04-2011, 12:29 PM
I live near Lac La Biche and looking to get my restricted firearms liscence. Anyone out there know where or who offers a course? Willing to travel where ever. Thanks,

blackonblackfx4
03-04-2011, 01:18 PM
Yes, see the lac la biche post newspaper they often advertise the courses in there.

7mm08
03-04-2011, 03:14 PM
Good luck on the course. I took it last summer instead of challenging the exam. Glad I did. Not being very familiar with handguns, I picked up a lot of great and safe tips.

gitrdun
03-04-2011, 04:21 PM
I just challenged the exam and passed it with flying colors. I didn't take the course, simply studied the book. The questions in the exam are all covered in the book. The practical basically has you identifying various bullet types, wadcutters, FMJ's etc. And of course the safe handling, know the ACTS and PROVE and you should do well. My tester offers a video instruction also. If you've handled handguns and know the difference between single action, double action and semi-auto, you should be good to go.

Rayzor
03-04-2011, 06:34 PM
Where do you get the booK and how do you challenge the exAM?

gitrdun
03-04-2011, 06:41 PM
Where do you get the booK and how do you challenge the exAM?

I purchased the books from the shooting edge in Calgary and challenged the exam with Robie Robertson in High River.

slam
03-04-2011, 10:36 PM
You can download pdf formats of the manuals (non restricted and restricted) for free from:

http://www.fsesoi.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=11&Itemid=9

howlin
03-04-2011, 10:45 PM
i like this thread ,im going for my pal tomorrow(let my fac expire)then my rpal on april 2 .i hope there isnt any trick questions (i get my name wrong everytime)

Rayzor
03-05-2011, 08:34 AM
Thank-you "slam", I'll be looking into that. I would imagine you have to challenge the written exam in front of a tester?