PDA

View Full Version : calgary district target shooters ass. range

Eric hunter
03-04-2011, 04:41 PM
The range is closed right now for magnum calibers until they make modifications to the range this spring coming. I got a 300 wsm I really like to shoot and I have developped light loads (125 gr. at 2500 f/s) to shoot. It's about equal to the regular 308 win. I wrote the club to get permission to shoot thoses light loads but no answer from them. I was wondering if somebody could help me here to answer to my question.
Thanks in advance. and you guys have a nice weekend.
Eric

AB.Boy
03-07-2011, 12:20 PM
Go to the website and check the 2011 range rules. There is a list of magnum calibers that are not allowed and i don't see any WSM's listed.

deepfried
03-07-2011, 06:03 PM
Im a member there to .. sad that the lower rifle range is closed :( The miss's joined just so we could go out and shoot clays there ... guess we'll have to go out to a farm and get permission to shoot some clays ...

cohod
03-07-2011, 06:57 PM
Go to the website and check the 2011 range rules. There is a list of magnum calibers that are not allowed and i don't see any WSM's listed.

I was at the range yesterday and there is a couple of signs posted including the wsm's as well.
Its a temporary ban until they get some work done on the back stop and baffles.
I sent an email asking when the work was scheduled to be completed the response was slow in coming and rather vague but as of a month ago there was no work plan in place...I'm hoping for sooner rather than later...

cohod

AB.Boy
03-07-2011, 07:40 PM
They should really update the website with that info. I would be a little annoyed if I showed up with a caliber not on 'the list' and then find a new list posted at the range excluding it. Hopefully the work gets done sooner than later.