PDA

View Full Version : Dear Dumb@ss (carbonated beverages)

tacklerunner
03-09-2011, 06:20 PM
Dumb@ss: That's me! :1041:

Just a friendly reminder that if after a cold day on the hard water you have carbonated beverages left in the interior of your vehicle and they are not enclosed in a cooler, remove them! :rolleye2:

I was already to head out yesterday until I opened the passenger door and saw icicles hanging from every conceivable place in my vehicle. I thought I heard gunshots in my garage the night before and even checked it out. Frankly, it kinda ruined my day. :mad2:

Today it seems a lot funnier. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

:sEm_oops2:

New Hunter Okotoks
03-09-2011, 06:28 PM
Ummmm,yeah. You're not the only one who's done it. I too am guilty of sporting Pepsicles in the truck after fishing! LOL! Actually it's surprisingly easy to clean up if you get to it while the pop is still frozen.

WayneChristie
03-09-2011, 06:31 PM
Add me to the list, had a couple vehicles with pop stains on the ceiling. (thats ONE "o") :sHa_sarcasticlol:

bucktaker
03-09-2011, 07:14 PM
try having a jar of pickles burst because they froze. You don't notice it till the spring. "here's your sign"

BigBuck$
03-09-2011, 07:25 PM
I'm not the only one then! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Had this happen a couple of weeks ago, before it turned cold I had a box of Pepsi in my truck and it was fine when it was -10 just nice and cold the next day. When it turned -30 it as a different story there was 3 cans blew up and pop everywhere.

On the flip side it is much easier in the Winter to clean up. I had the same thing happen in the summer when it was +30. I left a couple cans in the cup holder of a black truck and when I returned I had a sticky dried up mess.

the local angler
03-09-2011, 09:18 PM
i have only done this but with bottles of juice. not so fun when its shattered glass. lol

nicemustang
03-09-2011, 09:24 PM
LOL, best thread in a while! ROFL.

Geezle
03-09-2011, 09:25 PM
I've had a couple close calls where the can oozed a little, but thankfully I've never had an explosion like some of you guys are describing! :scared0015:

edit: Pepsiciles - I love it! :lol:

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
03-09-2011, 10:23 PM
You think a few cans is bad , last spring went into my holiday trailer a flat and two cases of pop and beer all exploded , I gave up gonna take what i want out of it and got a new trailer :lol: Was kinda sick of haveing a shower inside the thing everytime it rained ask redneck posse :lol:

ghostguy6
03-10-2011, 12:57 AM
Im guility of this as well.

Mine was a six pack of beer. Ended up going though a checkstop with the whole truck smelling of beer. I had to prove to the officer that the cans had exploded. Not a fun night.

Alberta Bigbore
03-10-2011, 07:51 AM
I have had this happen in a tackle bag.... it was not pretty

Geezle
03-10-2011, 07:51 AM
I have had this happen in a tackle bag.... it was not pretty

Was it pop, beer, or powerbait that exploded? :scared:

edit: oh man, exploded powerbait :sick:

coorslight
03-10-2011, 08:15 AM
my brother always leaves a beer or a pop in the back i never see til..... its to late

Alberta Bigbore
03-10-2011, 08:30 AM
Was it pop, beer, or powerbait that exploded? :scared:

edit: oh man, exploded powerbait :sick:

just pop... OMFG i could not imagine a powerbait explosion !! I would just throw everything away lol