PDA

View Full Version : Pinehurst

Safety D
03-10-2011, 09:33 AM
Can anyone tell me if you can drive on Pinehurst and get around the Lake easy ?? Thanks

coorslight
03-10-2011, 09:37 AM
went there two weeks ago you could drive on i got 20 inch rims and summer tires i made it getting on the main road way was greasy i had to make a trailer over a grader ridge and stuff but we got on and off no prob fishin was bad though tuns out we went the wrong way from the boat launch

Safety D
03-10-2011, 09:39 AM
Ya it can be pretty slow for sure. Sounds like it wont be a problem driving to the north central part of the lake. Gonna go and hopefully get a flag, usually its slow but if you put in your time a guy can get a nice pike or two....

coorslight
03-10-2011, 09:46 AM
had the cam down and we saw 3 big whites and that was it we even went to someother lake around there and nothing either

bloopbloob
03-10-2011, 07:03 PM
Why? Pinhurst is DEAD!

mike780
03-10-2011, 07:37 PM
Why? Pinhurst is DEAD!

made the mistake of going there in the summer i didnt get a single bite all day.

Safety D
03-10-2011, 08:01 PM
dont start bloom else you will get kicked off....:argue2:

uplander
03-10-2011, 08:08 PM
Glad to see your back with positive information safety D :sHa_shakeshout:

Safety D
03-10-2011, 08:47 PM
im always positive just like havin a little fun !!!

blackonblackfx4
03-10-2011, 09:16 PM
made the mistake of going there in the summer i didnt get a single bite all day.

You wernt doing something right lol. Everytime I go up there it's a sure thing were going to land some monster walleye. Even one time we got stuck in a nasty storm and had to hide out on the north shore for a good hour, we only got 20 minutes of fishin in before the storm but it was the hardest hitting 20 minutes ever.

But yes it can be a challenging lake, takes diffent fishing styles to catch them.

Daceminnow
03-10-2011, 09:25 PM
You wernt doing something right lol. Everytime I go up there it's a sure thing were going to land some monster walleye. Even one time we got stuck in a nasty storm and had to hide out on the north shore for a good hour, we only got 20 minutes of fishin in before the storm but it was the hardest hitting 20 minutes ever.

But yes it can be a challenging lake, takes diffent fishing styles to catch them.

different fishing style = leech hangin off an 1/8 oz. jig under a slip bobber, bobbing in a nice walleye chop.

FishingFrenzy
03-10-2011, 09:46 PM
PINE HURST IS DEAD! Last time i was at pinehurst it was in the emergency room dying, then i called the hospital. It passed away over night.

uplander
03-10-2011, 09:50 PM
PINE HURST IS DEAD! Last time i was at pinehurst it was in the emergency room dying, then i called the hospital. It passed away over night.

lol :bad_boys_20:

Paul C
03-11-2011, 02:59 PM
There is something fishy going here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

horsetrader
03-11-2011, 03:43 PM

There is something fishy going here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No just another guy that can't fish so he just blames the lake.

Paul C
03-11-2011, 03:48 PM
No just another guy that can't fish so he just blames the lake.
Now thats accurate and well said.

Safety D
03-11-2011, 09:12 PM
Its alive pinehurst is alive !!!!!!!

alive !!!!!

Dust1n
03-11-2011, 09:25 PM
lol safty ur halrouis even though most people may seem youranoying lol your my hero
ITS ALIVE

Safety D
03-11-2011, 10:03 PM
Received alot of Pm's from people happy to see I am back !!!! Safety D is BACK !!!!!!!

AxeMan
03-11-2011, 10:15 PM
Great to see you back Safety D.
Safety D is ALIVE!

As far as Pinehurst goes, the big girls usually start biting in March. Use big bait. My brother got a couple of nice ones last March. I went out a week later and got a bunch of smaller ones.

Paul C
03-13-2011, 07:46 AM
Nice size snot rockets Axeman. Pinehurst is one of those lakes that fishing or wishin is on then off.

Dust1n
03-13-2011, 09:39 AM
you got some chunky pike

Walleyes
03-13-2011, 10:20 AM
Pinehurst is one of the best all round lakes in this province hands down. Walleye like tanks and the perch fishing is not to be beat.. One of the lakes put on the walleye draw I could never figure that one out. There isn't a time we go to Pinehurst we don't get a good bite on.

SNAPFisher
03-13-2011, 02:09 PM
Pinehurst is one of the best all round lakes in this province hands down. Walleye like tanks and the perch fishing is not to be beat.. One of the lakes put on the walleye draw I could never figure that one out. There isn't a time we go to Pinehurst we don't get a good bite on.

Has kicked my butt more than I have it. Just curious, how many days did you have to put in to figure it out or has it been a lifetime of fishing there

Sure do like that lake but it doens`t like me :)

Walleyes
03-13-2011, 03:09 PM
A lifetime of fishing this lake,,, like 35 + years..

SNAPFisher
03-13-2011, 03:42 PM
A lifetime of fishing this lake,,, like 35 + years..

Cool. Pinehurst, Touchwood and Wolf all have a certain "look" to them. They are pretty special in that regard.

Alberta Bigbore
03-13-2011, 05:30 PM
Nice big pike Axeman!!!

Chris K
03-13-2011, 09:40 PM

Walleyes, Pinehurst took a beating the last two years it was open to retain fish before the tag system came into effect. I grew up fishing the lake as a kid, and went on countless trips there with friends and family. My dad was from Glendon, so they fished it a ton growing up and throughout his life.

In my opinion, the lake is in some serious trouble and a ton of the older, larger fish were removed before the lake was closed. It is still much better than 99 percent of the lakes we have in the northern part of the province that we can drive to, but it is very fragile and it is very good that Fisheries in Lac La Biche has a very close handle on the lake, and wants to make sure that irreversible damage isn't done to it. The pressure that was on the lake before the closure just could not be sustained, and especially with the harvest that occured within campers at the campsite. During the summer it was packed every day, and many people would keep and eat their limits many times over. The bite is usually really good, and in order to keep it that way, I see the tag as a proactive approach now, instead of a Pigeon Lake issue later.

Chris K

LacLaBicheNS
03-13-2011, 10:39 PM
Only went to pinehurst once and that was 2 years ago. Very slow day fishing for everyone there that I talked too.

I had the longest walk of my life to park a boat trailer there. I swear I walked 3/4 mile to park because their was so many trucks/trailers there.

But ya, I have no issues with the tag system. So many people up here abuse the fisheries..

Safety D
03-13-2011, 10:48 PM
Does anyone have a ice condition report for Pinehurst? Just wondering if a guy can get around all over the lake with a 4 by 4 truck?

LacLaBicheNS
03-14-2011, 07:22 AM
Does anyone have a ice condition report for Pinehurst? Just wondering if a guy can get around all over the lake with a 4 by 4 truck?

probably not.. I was on lac la biche and another smaller lake this weekend.. Got stuck on la biche 5 times before I turned around to shore and left the truck there and walked. Every truck I saw drive on got stuck.. IF the weather warms up like it supposed to than by the weekend it might be different.

wallycranker
03-14-2011, 12:02 PM
can prety much drive anwhere on pinehurst been fishing it over a week now. fishing has been excellent if you know what to use and where to fish.

Safety D
03-14-2011, 02:01 PM
can prety much drive anwhere on pinehurst been fishing it over a week now. fishing has been excellent if you know what to use and where to fish.

I

walleyeca
03-14-2011, 05:36 PM
D_ _ D? LOL I just see this guy says every lake is .......well you know?lol Ive won alot of money on this lake!

mike_samoil
03-16-2011, 05:06 PM
any updates on the flood water at pinehurst, are guys still driving on ?