PDA

View Full Version : Pcr

caddisman
03-13-2011, 04:27 PM
Was out on PCR on Saturday from 7:30 am until 1:30 p.m, 1 bite 1 fish between the 3 of us. That has never happened before at PCR. Lots of other people had the same problem and moving every couple of hours drilling new holes.
I guess I will stick to fishing in the the evenings.

New Hunter Okotoks
03-13-2011, 05:26 PM
3 of us out today. 1 scrawny grass pike and that was it; no other bites or anything and we tried everything between 3 tackle boxes.

kostianych
03-13-2011, 06:06 PM
don`t know guys....we went there yesterday.....about 40 burbots between 3 of us.....kept 9 of good size.......been biting like crazy, just off bottom.....
also 4 very small walleyes, back in the hole....

ORV
03-13-2011, 08:11 PM
we fished yesterday as well. 9 hours. one burb. 3 wallys. 4 people
fished 2 different spots & covered from 12 to over 25 ft.
you must have been in a honey hole.
we never say anyone else catching hardly anything.
we are done with pcr for this winter.

good luck all

orv.

Wes_G
03-13-2011, 10:13 PM
Hey Kost... were you the guys in that car straight out form the lunch that were pulling all kinds of fish up??? sure like to know what the hell those guys were doing, becasue they seemed to be the only ones catching anything.

We caught 6 walleyes and lost 4 or 5 more between the 3 of us ina couple hours at around 3pm but after that it shut off. Moved to the launch as it was getting dark hoping for better luck but only managed 1 more walleye and another missed one. Nothing in the dark. I dont know how or what some of you guys are doing out there, but I am starting to think this whole burbot thing is a myth. I have fished it 3 times now and never even seen one.

kostianych
03-13-2011, 10:46 PM
no, we were right at the bridge.....north side....
thought about the boat launch, but decided to stay and try new places....turned out to be very productive :)

Duramaximos
03-13-2011, 11:34 PM
PCR continues to be productive for us, but I have noticed the size of the burbs dropped off considerably at our last outing. Not sure if it was just bad luck but we caught a bunch and not one was worth keeping. It's still exciting to watch the kids grinning from ear to ear "got one dad, GOT one!".
PCR is perfect for the kids. I hope it stays that way for a long time.

caddisman
03-14-2011, 07:13 AM
Well I took out some Aussies for some almost guaranteed fishing.
I kow the fish are not big but I have never been skunked there and ususally catch all three types.
I was just disappointed for them.
They had a good time trying the great white north ice fishing experience, driving on the lake made them a bit uncomfortable. I will take them out to Twin or Clear lake for pike next week and see if that works any better or PCR again but only as night fall arrives.

jacenbeers
03-14-2011, 03:54 PM
I fished just off the launch and caught 5 burbot in a few hours on Saturday. It was dark when I arrived.

gprime27
03-14-2011, 04:59 PM
Think there'll be ice out there on the 25th?

chubbdarter
03-14-2011, 05:01 PM
Think there'll be ice out there on the 25th?

doesnt it close tomorrow at midnight?

gprime27
03-14-2011, 05:31 PM

Did I read it wrong? I thought it was april 1st?.. but, I'm sure your right..

chubbdarter
03-14-2011, 05:37 PM
Did I read it wrong? I thought it was april 1st?.. but, I'm sure your right..

haaahahhahaah notice my post was a question. I'll go find a reg book.

Either way you owe me guided trip for Nic brookies.....lol hahahahha

jacenbeers
03-14-2011, 06:07 PM
It isnt closed after dark until the start of the new season. This month it is fair game to fish anytime

tacklerunner
03-14-2011, 06:34 PM

Just a reminder that the following lakes are due to close. I'm just listing some of the more popular lakes. It slips peoples minds sometimes so just want to remind everyone.

CLOSED MARCH 16

Badger
Keho
Little Bow
CVR
McGregor
Sherburne
Chin
Rattlesnake
Travers

CLOSED APRIL 1

PCR

OPEN YEAR ROUND

Spray
Newell
Ghost
Upper & Lower Kananakis
Lakes not listed in the regs and are not specified on Page 8 as "stocked trout ponds"

There are many more so check the regs if in doubt.

chubbdarter
03-14-2011, 06:39 PM
Just a reminder that the following lakes are due to close. I'm just listing some of the more popular lakes. It slips peoples minds sometimes so just want to remind everyone.

CLOSED MARCH 16

Badger
Keho
Little Bow
CVR
McGregor
Sherburne
Chin
Rattlesnake
Travers

CLOSED APRIL 1

PCR

OPEN YEAR ROUND

Spray
Newell
Ghost
Upper & Lower Kananakis
Lakes not listed in the regs and are not specified on Page 8 as "stocked trout ponds"

There are many more so check the regs if in doubt.

thanks...lol..i couldnt even find pcr listed

tacklerunner
03-14-2011, 06:42 PM
thanks...lol..i couldnt even find pcr listed

I know. It's one of the few in ES1. We're used to fishing primarily east of the Hwy which is PP1. :)

chubbdarter
03-14-2011, 06:51 PM
I know. It's one of the few in ES1. We're used to fishing primarily east of the Hwy which is PP1. :)

haaaahaaa no wonder i couldnt find it...thanks