PDA

View Full Version : winter camping in the crowsnest area

npauls
03-14-2011, 04:56 PM
Does anyone know if I am able to camp at lundbreck campground or cottonwood campground this coming weekend? I think you are able to camp there but I may be wrong and those campgrounds may be closed for winter months.

I want to get out camping and do a bit of fly fishing in the crowsnest area and would like to have a camp spot on one of the open pieces of river.

Thanks,

Nate

chubbdarter
03-14-2011, 04:58 PM
Does anyone know if I am able to camp at lundbreck campground or cottonwood campground this coming weekend? I think you are able to camp there but I may be wrong and those campgrounds may be closed for winter months.

I want to get out camping and do a bit of fly fishing in the crowsnest area and would like to have a camp spot on one of the open pieces of river.

Thanks,

Nate

Call Vic at the crowsnest angler

caver77
03-14-2011, 05:35 PM
I have frequently camped at the end of the Info Centre road(turn right at the info center access and head towards the lake). Believe that it is crown and no one has ever bothered me there.

npauls
03-14-2011, 06:02 PM
I am gonna call the cafe and flyshop in coleman tomorrow since I try to make it out there a few times a season to chat it up for a bit and buy some flies. This season I have a $25 gift certificate for some flies so I need to find out their hours anyways and she usually gives me some good pointers on flies to use and where to fish. She has been helping me out with tips on that area since I started tossing flies.

Nate

gramps73
03-14-2011, 06:52 PM
Nate
A little off topic but did you send your money in for the up and coming season?
Looks like they are filling up fast...
G73

npauls
03-14-2011, 07:32 PM
Ya Bob sent our entry fees in right away. I think we were one of the first teams to have all 4 paid for. Now I owe bob a ton of money and have to figure out where I can come up with it to pay him back haha. Guess we will have to win the first couple tourneys so I don't have to worry about it anymore. It's good to hear that it is filling fast.

I will be out at chin on opening day to prefish gramps. Let me know if you are going to make it out there or not. I am hoping that me and bob will have my bob wiring done and ready to go by then.

Nate

npauls
03-14-2011, 08:16 PM
Hey Darter,

Your inbox for private messages is full. Just thought I would let you know on here and hoped you would see it.

I am pretty sure we will be heading out to the pass area no matter what. If the campgrounds are closed for the season we will just head to some crown land and do some random camping and make the trek to the river for the day.

Gumbi
03-15-2011, 09:57 AM
Are this tourneys open to anyone one? If so could i get more info? Thanks

npauls
03-15-2011, 12:43 PM
Ya anyone with a boat with a functioning livewell and a partner and about $350 per boat entry can enter the tourneys.

You can go to www.gowalleye.com and look under the tourneys tag and click on SAWT. It will give you all the information needed to enter the tourneys and all the rules for the tourneys.

Nate

FlyFishFairwx
03-15-2011, 01:16 PM
Nat try bever mines if not at the camp ground then the Random just before..

Thanks,

Nate

npauls
03-15-2011, 02:39 PM
I will check it out.

Our plans have changed and it is going to be next weekend instead of this weekend. I am pretty sure I will be able to set up the trailer at one of the 2 campsites that are along open fishable waters.

Gumbi
03-15-2011, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the info!