PDA

View Full Version : Hard Water Wish List.

New Hunter Okotoks
03-16-2011, 12:10 PM
So I seem to spend a fair amount of cash Ice-fishing but I don't mind since it is much better than spending it on booze and gambling; and much cheaper! I have fairly recently picked up a portable shelter,power auger and heater.

My wish list for next season:
Sonar. Either LX5,Ice 55 or FL20 or 22
Waterproof Gear. Since it's a wishlist, I'll say Frabill Snosuit.
Baits purchased ahead of time. Some Primo Baits in a quantity that I will have enough for the season. I seen "Parker" minnows on here and Chubbdarter put some pics on here of his bait that " Looka so good I eata maself!" I will need to do some research and see what's out there.

What's on your wish list?

nicemustang
03-16-2011, 12:17 PM
And upgrade of my lx-3 to lx-5 would be cool. Quick flip 3. A trailer shanty.

WalleyeMaster
03-16-2011, 12:21 PM
haha yeah i just had that discussion with the wify about my fishing gear collection that now takes up a entire room in our house, i got it all set up and i spend hours down in the spare room.
as for wish list : frabil polar therm tip-ups, auto fishermen, st. croix rods with top of the line shimmano or pflueger reels, a icefishing tackle box with nothing but icefishing lures in every size and color available.
well thats some of the gear i run for the winter months. im always exspanding my collection im now somwhere close to 9grand in fishing gear i have now insured all of it lol.

chubbdarter
03-16-2011, 12:27 PM
anyone of those units will improve your fishing so much you'll be amazed.
Walleye fishing is like a dance, if your fishing blind you never know what your next step should be. This year especially a subtle jig jig would bring fish in but sometimes the pause was minutes long before they committed....you just cant guess that technique blind. Even when they are suicidal it greatly improves your fishing as we all know there is many that reject because of presentation.

Yup i think quality bait is critical especially when its tough and the walleyes sit and examine a bait for any length of time. I hate searching for bait all winter so i buy by the case when i find quality minnows. Then I babysit them all winter to keep them in good shape.

Back to your question.

My wish would to be young again. My eyes arent what they used to be and my reflects are going down hill fast. My brain says set the hook but my hands dont get the message. Do all walleye fishermen eventually become ling fisherman...lol.

If i cant have that...i want a new 48in G-Loomis ice rod.

No more hooks!!!!! Big give away coming soon

Rockymtnx
03-16-2011, 12:41 PM
I really wish I could get my hands on a new or good used Jiffy STX 10" (with the Tecumseh motor)

CeeZee
03-16-2011, 12:50 PM
For next season I hope to have my "Ice Cabin" finished by the time there is enough ice to get it out, also a 1 or 2 hole fold up hard-wall shack built as well. A short list but costly lol.

Kokanee9
03-16-2011, 12:54 PM
I would just like more time off to be able to go fishing more often.

CeeZee
03-16-2011, 07:03 PM
I would just like more time off to be able to go fishing more often.
thats a pretty good one too!

npauls
03-16-2011, 07:14 PM
I have all the gear needed pretty much except all the fancy stuff that Darter seems to use.

My only wish is to have my back heal up so I can head out whenever I have spare time and some solo missions where I don't have to rely on anyone to load and unload my gear for me.

Daceminnow
03-16-2011, 08:00 PM
more knowledge of the structure in the southern alberta reservoirs. hopefully do some touring around on the open water this summer marking some of the good stuff. don't cost much, but knowing the water you play in is an invaluable tool to aid in successful outings.

chubbdarter
03-16-2011, 08:32 PM
I have all the gear needed pretty much except all the fancy stuff that Darter seems to use.

My only wish is to have my back heal up so I can head out whenever I have spare time and some solo missions where I don't have to rely on anyone to load and unload my gear for me.

hahahaha your so kind Nate...its actually crap... your too young to recognize the stuff