PDA

View Full Version : Best Sandwich Period

pikergolf
03-16-2011, 04:10 PM
OK I have been bidding my time after the craziness of the food threads on the weekend. I love a good sandwich and a bowl of soup, and I know that there are a lot of people on the forum who take their food very seriously. My favorite without question is bacon, tomato, mayo and cheddar on either grilled or toast bread. We usually use a whole grain of some sort, which makes it kind of good for you. Would love to hear all of your favorite sandwiches. Thanks :sHa_shakeshout:

FishingMOM
03-16-2011, 04:12 PM
BLT with Hellmans Mayo. Not miracle whip :sick:
or
Toasted cheese and tomato

Got to be warm garden fresh ripe tomato or it aint right

New Hunter Okotoks
03-16-2011, 04:17 PM
OK I have been bidding my time after the craziness of the food threads on the weekend. I love a good sandwich and a bowl of soup, and I know that there are a lot of people on the forum who take their food very seriously. My favorite without question is bacon, tomato, mayo and cheddar on either grilled or toast bread. We usually use a whole grain of some sort, which makes it kind of good for you. Would love to hear all of your favorite sandwiches. Thanks :sHa_shakeshout:

You nailed it right there. For ease of preparation, time until eating and bang for buck you cannot beat a good bacon and tomato.

fish_e_o
03-16-2011, 04:18 PM
pumpernickel bread
turkey (brined over night)
cranberry jelly
and brie cheese

even the dog can make it and it's amazing:sHa_shakeshout:

Scotty P.
03-16-2011, 04:18 PM
Can't say it's my favorite (too many to chose from) but I just recently discovered grilled BP&J. It's just a grilled cheese sand but with peanut butter and jam instead of the cheese!

Jamie Black R/T
03-16-2011, 04:21 PM
12 grain toasted
turkey breast
bacon
thick tomato slices
cucumber slices
sprouts
Jalapeno Havarti for cheese
Cracked Black pepper
Mayo
Dijon Tard

serve with a hot bowl of spicy venison chili and pre-apologise to wife for bedtime flatulence

:sHa_shakeshout:

winged1
03-16-2011, 04:25 PM
There are a number that top my favourite list, but for a sandwich that means more than taste, I need to go with eggsalad.

TheClash
03-16-2011, 04:31 PM
bacon and tomato would be tops on my list..especially with thick cut peppered bacon and they have to be fresh, not grocery store tomatoes.....mmmmmmm...wow can't wait for vegetable growing time!!

New Hunter Okotoks
03-16-2011, 04:33 PM
This is not fair. Who thinks it OK to start a thread like this so close to supper time? LOL!

dumoulin
03-16-2011, 05:01 PM
Cold mealoaf
Processed cheese
Red onion and dill pickle slices
Lots of Mayo
Bit of real butter
Dijon mustard
Home made toasted bread
One cold glass of milk (in a cold glass)

That's livin' the dream right there, I'll tell ya!
:)

Jwood 456
03-16-2011, 05:10 PM
My favorite sandwich was the teryaki chicken Sandwich from subway. I liked having every possible topping on it, especially extra black olives, and hot peppers.:sHa_shakeshout:

Then subway decided to cheap out and use fast freeze or whatever that fake yucky chicken is.:mad0030: As soon as they did that I hardly ever eat there now.:scared0018:

My favorite sandwich currently is a good old homemade BLT that I add some lemon pepper and sometimes pickled Jalapenos to. :)

DarkAisling
03-16-2011, 05:10 PM
Tuna salad---made with Miracle Whip and dill relish---and a couple of slices of aged cheddar slapped between two slices of bread (buttered on the outside) and pan fried to melted-cheesy-perfection.

Jwood 456
03-16-2011, 05:12 PM
This is not fair. Who thinks it OK to start a thread like this so close to supper time? LOL!

This thread's making me hungry as well.lol

4thredneck
03-16-2011, 05:14 PM
A clubhouse when done properly, Smoky Lake Hotel has one of the best around but it's $13 for just the sandwich. For a homemade sandwich I really like roast beef from a standing rib roast, little bit of mustard, miracle whip tomatoes and lettuce. My neighbor has a green house and they grow the best tomatoes ever, they are just starting to pick right now.:sHa_shakeshout:

jungleboy
03-16-2011, 05:22 PM
Sounds weird I know but I must say ---Toasted peanut butter and tomato with salt and pepper is my all time favorite ..it's my comfort food ( Thanks dad!!)..

After that, good old leftover turkey on whole wheat with Miracle whip , salt , pepper and heated mmmmm delicious

mooseknuckle
03-16-2011, 05:33 PM
The Italian place on 127st and 130ish ave in Edmonton!!

The best!! Hands down.

npauls
03-16-2011, 05:42 PM
Hands down favorite is PB&J on a soft white bread with a thick layer of both spreads.

bobby2unes
03-16-2011, 06:00 PM
El lomito - "This towering, mammoth pork sandwich is Chile's most ubiquitous and beloved “ fast food”. Chileans scarf them down enthusiastically and ..."
eatwineblog.com.

I'd love to try one of these. Vietnamese subs are crazy good too.

pikergolf
03-16-2011, 06:20 PM
El lomito - "This towering, mammoth pork sandwich is Chile's most ubiquitous and beloved “ fast food”. Chileans scarf them down enthusiastically and ..."
eatwineblog.com.

I'd love to try one of these. Vietnamese subs are crazy good too.

Love the web site.

Gillfisher
03-16-2011, 06:55 PM
Monte Cristo is my favorite.

grind stone
03-16-2011, 06:55 PM
OK I have been bidding my time after the craziness of the food threads on the weekend. I love a good sandwich and a bowl of soup, and I know that there are a lot of people on the forum who take their food very seriously. My favorite without question is bacon, tomato, mayo and cheddar on either grilled or toast bread. We usually use a whole grain of some sort, which makes it kind of good for you. Would love to hear all of your favorite sandwiches. Thanks :sHa_shakeshout:Here goes I like a fried baloney sandwich a little onion, tomato on toasted rye bread with a little mayo with a pickle on the side with a coke it dosent get better then that.

loyaleddie
03-16-2011, 07:02 PM
Hmmmm after reading all these posts of yummy Samiches!....my thoughts are now with "you need to protect delectable delights from harm"....

please see attached youtube vid on how to protect yourself and loved one from harm!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EINhsx_JxkE

huntinstuff
03-16-2011, 07:32 PM
The clubhouse sandwich at the Nordegg hotel is probably the best I have ever had.

At home, I rarely eat sandwiches, but my wife makes tuna salad. Great sandwich.

PB&J is definitely a winner too....

RandyBoBandy
03-16-2011, 07:59 PM
The clubhouse sandwich served at the Royal Horseguards in London by the best I've ever tasted,why?? because along with the usual fixings in a club house they had a fried egg on top! If my last request on earth question is "what do you want for your last meal"..I'll take a clubhouse with a fried egg on top! washed down with a Gentleman Jack..:)

BrownBear416
03-16-2011, 08:06 PM
Grand Lux Burger Melt™ Las Vegas
Our Chop House Burger on Grilled Parmesan Cheese Bread with Lots of Cheddar Cheese, Grilled Onions and Thousand Island Dressing. Served with an Organic Green Salad or French Fries.

buckmaster
03-16-2011, 09:38 PM
The Italian place on 127st and 130ish ave in Edmonton!!

The best!! Hands down.

X2, or my favourite; Italian torpedo bun with priuscuto,boccachini cheese,crushed green olives in oil a bit of oregano and veggie spread.Mmmmmm.....

Steven Noel
03-16-2011, 10:12 PM
1/2 Onion, 1/3 Bell Pepper, 2 Cloves garlic chopped and sauted in teryiaki sauce, *****chester sauce, vinegar and brown sugar, then add 1 leftover steak chopped up. Sautee and until soft and serve on toasted texas cut bread with hellman's mayo and mustard.

:love: :love:

Nomad
03-16-2011, 10:59 PM
Can't go wrong with a rueben. Two slices of toasted rye bread, homemade hickory/apple smoked pastrami, sauerkraut, swiss cheese and thousand island dressing.

SonnyJ
03-16-2011, 11:09 PM
The Special burger at L&W in Jasper..

It might not be a sandwich but it needs a mention..:sHa_shakeshout:

Albertadiver
03-16-2011, 11:21 PM
This thread's making me hungry as well.lol

You guys are all jerks. I'm trying to lose wieght!

My all time favorite growing up was as follows:

Peanut Butter
Jam (your preference)
Processed cheese slice
Honey

Sounds gross... but try it.

Rod1960
03-16-2011, 11:35 PM
Cold white turkey meat, dressing, warm gravy on a fresh home made buttered bun!!!!

My home made Ruebens (the more sauerkraut the better)

My Mom's home made egg or chicken salad.

Costco hotdogs!

Sporty
03-17-2011, 06:23 AM
2 Sandwiches I make for dinner that the family loves

1 baguette
Capicoli (lean and hot)
Italian Ham
Good quality salami
Light Mayo
Roasted Garlic
Red peppers
Onions
Provolone cheese

Mix the mayo with some of the roasted garlic and spread on the baguette, layer the meats then cheese. Lay the peppers and onions on top and then place in the oven till the cheese is bubbly and melted, serve open faced.

Steak Sand

French bread
Roasted Garlic
Light Mayo
Dijon mustard
Sirloin steak ( or whatever fancies you)
Arugula
Light Italian dressing
Provolone Cheese

Grill your steak, while its grilling, slather roast garlic mayo on the french loaf and toast in the oven. lightly toss arugula with the Italian dressing just to coat. When the bread is toasted and steak is grilled, slather some dijon on the bottom half. Thinly slice the steak and place all over the bread. If you have any juices from the meat, pour it over the meat then layer on the provolone. Throw in the oven until the cheese is melted. Once its melted, layer on the arugula and place the top half of the bread on. Slice and serve.

The layers of flavor in this sandwich are great, the spicy from the mustard with the peppery arugula with the richness of the steak and cheese, yummy!

Fisherpeak
03-17-2011, 06:33 AM
Elvis`s favorite....fried peanut butter and bannana.Try it and you`ll know what really killed him,I love the damn things.

FishingMOM
03-17-2011, 01:33 PM
Not sure how good this is but I am going to try it.
Will switch the mustard for Mayo and Horseradish.

Roast Beef and Caramelized Onion Panini
Yields: 4-6 large sandwiches
Ingredients:
1 loaf rustic Italian bread
2 large onion (sliced)
1 lbs roast beef
1/2 brown mustard
1/2 lbs havarti cheese
2 Tbsp. butter
dark brown mustard
salt

Direction:
1. In a large pan over medium heat, add the butter. Let the butter melt and coat the pan. Add the onions to the pan. Lightly salt. Cook for 30 to 45 min stirring regularly until a deep brown. Remove from heat place in a covered container. Refrigerate until you are ready to use.

2. Preheat your panini press to high.

3. Slice the bread into thick slices (3/4’’ – 1’’ ). Coat both slices liberally with brown mustard.

4. Layer on the havarti, onion and the roast beef and complete the construction of the sandwich.

5. Place on press for 5-7 min. The sandwich should be toasted and brown. Let rest for 2-3 min. Slice, serve and enjoy!

Kokanee9
03-17-2011, 01:35 PM
Nothing beats my mashed potato sandwich.

:bad_boys_20:

walleyechaser
03-17-2011, 02:17 PM
Had a great blt with pickles for lunch today.

Favourite would be a Reuben or roast beef with lots of mustard and franks red hot

BTK
03-17-2011, 06:42 PM
Cheese Whiz and Balogna! A bowl of creme o mushroom soup goes nice with it:)

BigBuck$
03-17-2011, 08:52 PM
I went for lunch today at the "Hideout" in Red Deer> I had the pulled pork with fried mac n' cheese.... Give it a try; I loved it!!!

jaylow?
03-17-2011, 09:54 PM
peanut butter , bologna and cheese toasted

happy honker
03-18-2011, 12:01 AM
2 peices rye bread (or multigrain)
Hot mustard

leftover cold deer roast, or cold roast goose meat.

wrap in Saran and take to work....bet you cant make it to lunch knowing thats in your pack.

Oh.....My......God.......

Twobucks
03-20-2011, 04:58 PM
My favourite hunting sandwich is simple and terrific cold:

Wholewheat Bread (or a multigrain)
Pastrami
Alfalfa sprouts
mayo

Slam a couple of those in your day pack and let the good times begin!