PDA

View Full Version : Japan

great white whaler
03-17-2011, 11:01 AM
its time for canada to get the homeless ,women and children out of that mess ,we got lots of food ,shelter ,and drinking water,and lots of land to rebuild on,we live in the land of plenty,,don't we ? in the name of humanity .

Okotokian
03-17-2011, 11:54 AM
Japanese government is probably quite capable of taking care of them. And if they need supplies it's easier to send those than take people out. At some time I suppose some folks may want to emigrate, so there may be a slight uptick in immigration to Canada. But I suspect not much.

gopher
03-17-2011, 12:21 PM
In a country of 127 mill that could fit in southern Alberta Japan can deal with their Owen mess. We should deal with the problems we have here. This finger doses not enjoy pressing 1 for English!!!!!!!

Coulee
03-17-2011, 12:41 PM
Over-population and hunting & fishing don't mix. Ballooning their population to 127, 000, 000 was their decision, and it's not our burden to fix it. Give them a hand the best we can, absolutely. Take on all the worlds over-populated masses, no a chance.

pseelk
03-17-2011, 12:46 PM
In a country of 127 mill that could fit in southern Alberta Japan can deal with their Owen mess. We should deal with the problems we have here. This finger doses not enjoy pressing 1 for English!!!!!!!

X2

lannie
03-17-2011, 12:50 PM
We would be better off asking them what they want instead of deciding what they need. They are a great country for sure and deserve compassion at a disasterous time like now. They have changed my life for the better for sure.
They are very proud people and have good reason to be, Great allies.

hillbillyreefer
03-17-2011, 01:08 PM
The Japanese are very resourceful, they have lots of labour, are very industrialized, they can take care of themselves.

blacknorthernjk
03-17-2011, 02:52 PM
Over-population and hunting & fishing don't mix. Ballooning their population to 127, 000, 000 was their decision, and it's not our burden to fix it. Give them a hand the best we can, absolutely. Take on all the worlds over-populated masses, no a chance.

Agreed.

Grizzly Adams
03-17-2011, 03:03 PM
Why are we so insistent on importing other people's problems. :lol: Out Health Care is taxed beyond what it can support and the list goes on. Comes a point, where we have so many other people's problems, they become our own. Don't underestimate the Japanese. First World country, third largest economy in the world, their government debt is owed to it's citizens, unlike ours, believe it or not.:lol: Industrious and dedicated beyond belief , they rebuilt their country from ashes, after world war two. They'll make it again, because they sure aren't like Haitians.:lol:

Grizz

New Hunter Okotoks
03-17-2011, 03:16 PM
I think we should remember that Obama is first and foremost,a Politician. He knows full well that Japan can look after themselves. If you were Japanese, how much faith would you put into the leader of the Country that allowed New Orleans to be handled the way it was and the way it still is?

Obama is thinking that Japan is a pretty good Country to have owing the U.S. a favour.

Arn?Narn.
03-17-2011, 03:21 PM
There are now many orphans who have lost their parents in this mess... there are parents who have lost their children,...there are homeless, cold and hungry who have done nothing to deserve it.

when a guys emotion has him wish something could be done, "fly them here, get them out" ...good on him for having some empathy. Is it the solution? perhaps not, but don't come down on people who sympathize and have empathy for their fellow man...

It's no surprise to me where the OP is from.

blackpheasant
03-17-2011, 03:23 PM
I think we should remember that Obama is first and foremost,a Politician. He knows full well that Japan can look after themselves. If you were Japanese, how much faith would you put into the leader of the Country that allowed New Orleans to be handled the way it was and the way it still is?

Obama is thinking that Japan is a pretty good Country to have owing the U.S. a favour.

George W was in command when Katrina hit...

New Hunter Okotoks
03-17-2011, 03:43 PM
Yes I realize that, but he is the one speaking for the nation at this time.

Is New Orleans all better now? Obama's been in power for over 2 years now and it still looks like a 3rd world country blocks away from the French Quarter and the Football Stadium.

blackpheasant
03-17-2011, 04:16 PM
Agreed Obama is a nimrod....What strikes me the most between Katrina and Japan is the people, the people of Japan should be proud of themselves for how they are dealing with this disaster they seen so calm, cool and collected and no looting there speaks volumes about these people and there culture, we saw the opposite in New Orleans...

FishingMOM
03-17-2011, 04:21 PM
Agreed Obama is a nimrod....What strikes me the most between Katrina and Japan is the people, the people of Japan should be proud of themselves for how they are dealing with this disaster they seen so calm, cool and collected and no looting there speaks volumes about these people and there culture, we saw the opposite in New Orleans...

Apparently it is a cultural thing.
In Japan if a child even finds the smallest coin on a sidewalk they go with their parents and turn it in to the police. All forms completed and if no one claims it then the child can have it.
They are a very stoic society. They dont tolerate theft either.

Lonnie
03-17-2011, 05:39 PM
its time for canada to get the homeless ,women and children out of that mess ,we got lots of food ,shelter ,and drinking water,and lots of land to rebuild on,we live in the land of plenty,,don't we ? in the name of humanity .

x2 I've read all the posts and their are some good reasons not to do any thing, but if we are going to have Immigrants in this country I would much rather have japanese people in this country than most of what coming here now, and thier was a post that claimed they were very industrious people and could solve thier own problems. now that sound like a good immigrant to me if we as a country should really look at what we let in to the country and what would be good for the country in the long run.

bobby2unes
03-17-2011, 05:48 PM
Apparently it is a cultural thing.
In Japan if a child even finds the smallest coin on a sidewalk they go with their parents and turn it in to the police. All forms completed and if no one claims it then the child can have it.
They are a very stoic society. They dont tolerate theft either.

I doubt very much that there would be any mass exodus from Japan. As stated, they are as a whole, very loyal, nationalistic people that would rather stay and rebuild their country. Amazing to see those workers repair that Nuclear facility knowing full well they will probably die.

great white whaler
03-17-2011, 06:11 PM
This is a country that just got hit by earth quakes,tsunami,than a nuclear 'not declared melt down yet. Maybe the" Gods "are telling the human race something,maybe its mothers natures way of reducing population,because of humans spewing garbage in to her waters and skies :bad_boys_20:

Lonnie
03-17-2011, 06:21 PM
I doubt very much that there would be any mass exodus from Japan. As stated, they are as a whole, very loyal, nationalistic people that would rather stay and rebuild their country. Amazing to see those workers repair that Nuclear facility knowing full well they will probably die.

I bet a lot would like to make sure thier kids are safe until the crisis is over

greylynx
03-17-2011, 06:29 PM

And who is going to pay for this?

great white whaler
03-17-2011, 06:55 PM
And who is going to pay for this?

you, me ,all canadians pay any ways .Population is only 32 million ' this country got lots of room for another couple a million of theses poor lost soles,i believe in what gos 'around comes around.The creator well judge man.

New Hunter Okotoks
03-17-2011, 07:00 PM
you, me ,all canadians pay any ways .Population is only 32 million ' this country got lots of room for another couple a million of theses poor lost soles,i believe in what gos 'around comes around.The creator well judge man.

I don't see a problem. I'm sure it would be real easy to import MILLIONS of people into our Country. After all,we have enough housing,schools,medical facilities etc,etc. The language barrier shouldn't be an issue either. Let's all learn how to speak Japanese; 2 official languages is good but 3 would be even better.

deanmc
03-17-2011, 07:00 PM
This is a country that just got hit by earth quakes,tsunami,than a nuclear 'not declared melt down yet. Maybe the" Gods "are telling the human race something,maybe its mothers natures way of reducing population,because of humans spewing garbage in to her waters and skies :bad_boys_20:

Then why did god make earthquake when there was very few people? Earthquakes have been going on since long before we were spewing.

greylynx
03-17-2011, 07:07 PM

Refugees from the richest nation in Asia?

OK: We send them all to Newfoundland. The oil revenues from Newfoundland pays for these super educated souls, and these guys show the Newfoundlanders how to fish and get off their arse and make a living instead of sucking off the public teat.

Yet, I have a better idea. Let us get these innovative souls to move to Fort McMurray and show everybody how a project can come in on time, on budget, with no union and no welfare or EI. Then let the rules of supply and demand in the labour market take over.

And if they complain, it will all be in Japanese. So, who cares.

Lonnie
03-17-2011, 07:18 PM
I don't see a problem. I'm sure it would be real easy to import MILLIONS of people into our Country. After all,we have enough housing,schools,medical facilities etc,etc. The language barrier shouldn't be an issue either. Let's all learn how to speak Japanese; 2 official languages is good but 3 would be even better.

most probably speak better English than most canadians as this country is along way from proper English

McLeod Valley
03-17-2011, 07:29 PM
Just be careful what you wish for . Just ask a Native American what happens when you can't control immagration!!!!:sHa_sarcasticlol:

New Hunter Okotoks
03-17-2011, 07:36 PM
most probably speak better English than most canadians as this country is along way from proper English

English with a capital but not Canadians?:thinking-006:

I'll bet we speak better Canadian than they do eh!

Do you honestly believe that the average citizen in Japan speaks proper English?

guywiththemule
03-17-2011, 08:00 PM

These "poor lost souls" will come out of this even stronger,with or without anyone`s help ! Trust me on this. And, your "creator" isn`t doing too good so far is he ??:sHa_sarcasticlol:

hornhead
03-17-2011, 08:21 PM
do what you can for them, from where you are.

i am amazed at the pride, fortitude and stoic attitude of these people.

as one person stated ... the difference between new orleans and the entire country of japan ... no looting... no riots .

can you imagine what it would be like if this happened in LA or Vancouver ...
or anywhere else in the world??

the world should learn from them.

i am humbled by Japan at this time . i am proud of them.

Coulee
03-17-2011, 08:25 PM
The earthquake in Japan is not anyones fault, however, the reason they have nuclear power plants on known fault lines is because they have no choice, due to the fact they grossly over-populated themselves. And they are not the only ones. The reason Canada is an ecological jewel, affording all of us on this forum the ability to hunt and fish to our hearts content is because of our wide open spaces. Canada isn't the world's country, it's our country. Those who want to bring in all the worlds hungry and downtrodden will soon find themselves hungry and downtrodden. That's what happens when you over-populate. No room...no deer...no fish.

600twin
03-17-2011, 08:28 PM
After working in Japan and knowing people who live there for some time i feel for these people , but i feel they will persevere as they have in the past and rebuild again. If you watch the news the people are quite calm while waiting in line for food not like what you saw in Haiti with the looting seemed to be the most important thing.
You can send them to Nl if you want , it's not like we have never taken in Boat people into our homes or refugees seeking asylum or the hundreds of stranded people during 9/11 when flights were grounded for days.

Refugees from the richest nation in Asia?

Yet, I have a better idea. Let us get these innovative souls to move to Fort McMurray and show everybody how a project can come in on time, on budget, with no union and no welfare or EI. Then let the rules of supply and demand in the labour market take over.

I guess you didn't know that the oil company Japex is already working in Ft. Mac.
http://www.japex.co.jp/english/business/oversea/canada.html

great white whaler
03-18-2011, 01:46 AM

japanese are a lot like newfoundlands,,,island people ' living of the ocean 'we would relate well'' me thinks,.Hell ,nflder' all no's about the japanese cod jiggers,there was days nothing else worked' but than there was the norwegian jigger ,da swedish pimple,than there was the good old newfoundlander jigger 'lead scraper ,,,,till she shine jigger.japan people are afraid of the ocean now,hell im having second thoughts.

SonnyJ
03-18-2011, 02:01 AM

Japan has the third largest economy in the world..

I'm sure that they can take care of thier own..

http://www.economywatch.com/economies-in-top/