PDA

View Full Version : Pigeon lake

Thundercatcher
03-17-2011, 10:11 PM
Anyone fish out by pigeon lake provicial park area? How far do u have to go out for the walleyes?

Daceminnow
03-17-2011, 10:19 PM
Anyone fish out by pigeon lake provicial park area? How far do u have to go out for the walleyes?

go out from the washroom building and find the drop off. the ice out there should look like swiss cheese. not to hard to find. try 8 to 22 fow, moving up on top in the low light hours and deeper during the day. the whites should be in the shallow water there now as well.

Thundercatcher
03-17-2011, 10:26 PM
Anyone know the regulation there? What can you keep?

buckmaster
03-17-2011, 10:50 PM
The regs are at the top of the page.....

Jwood 456
03-17-2011, 10:53 PM
I fished Pigeon off of the provincial park a month ago. There were about 5 groups out there that day. One of the guys from one of the groups caught a small walleye and another guy from one of the groups caught 2 walleye and saw alot more on his flasher. He said that the hole where he caught the two walleye was also the only hole out of the other three nearby holes he drilled where he saw the walleye on the flasher.

In my case, I got skunked.:sign0080:

horsetrader
03-17-2011, 10:54 PM
Pigeon Lake & tributaries (excluding Tide Creek) & outlet – Walleye limit 0 – except the holder of a Special Fish Harvest Licence and tags may retain walleye of a size, number and at the times specified on the licence; Pike limit 1 over 100 cm; Perch limit 5 over 25 cm; Lake Whitefish limit 10; Burbot limit 1 (Burbot limit 0 Feb. 1 to Mar. 31).

Thundercatcher
03-17-2011, 11:39 PM
Are the whites easy to find there?

Rockymtnx
03-18-2011, 03:14 AM
Are the whites easy to find there?

Lots of whites in Pigeon. But it may take you a few trips to find them.
Once you find them you will have great luck.

Daceminnow
03-18-2011, 01:21 PM

thunder i'm not sure which i'm more confused about......

answering your question on where to find walleye at the pp to have you ask "anyone know the regulations there? what can you keep?"

or seeing your thread looking for a butcher to clean your fish. seriously? wow. someone up there take this guy out for a lesson or two.

buckmaster
03-18-2011, 01:41 PM
thunder i'm not sure which i'm more confused about......

answering your question on where to find walleye at the pp to have you ask "anyone know the regulations there? what can you keep?"

or seeing your thread looking for a butcher to clean your fish. seriously? wow. someone up there take this guy out for a lesson or two.

Maybe just a young fisherman full of questions and new with fishing.Lots of young people on here!

Daceminnow
03-18-2011, 02:31 PM
Maybe just a young fisherman full of questions and new with fishing.Lots of young people on here!

like i said someone should take him out. give it a go Buck. give him a copy of the 2011/12 regs and show him how to clean a fish. thunder if you ever make down to southern alberta look me up.

Dace

buckmaster
03-18-2011, 03:53 PM
like i said someone should take him out. give it a go Buck. give him a copy of the 2011/12 regs and show him how to clean a fish. thunder if you ever make down to southern alberta look me up.

Dace

Would love too......

Jwood 456
03-18-2011, 04:11 PM
Lots of whites in Pigeon. But it may take you a few trips to find them.
Once you find them you will have great luck.

Last time I was there, I tried off of the provincial park for whites and saw none. I was even trying everything from yellow, copper and red wire worms and small white and yellow soft plastic jigs. Do you know if Mullhurst is a better spot to fish for them? I was also wondering if Gull lake is a better place to try to fish for whites.

buckmaster
03-18-2011, 04:19 PM
Last time I was there, I tried off of the provincial park for whites and saw none. I was even trying everything from yellow, copper and red wire worms and small white and yellow soft plastic jigs. Do you know if Mullhurst is a better spot to fish for them? I was also wondering if Gull lake is a better place to try to fish for whites.

Try bouncing mudbugs or something to imitate a backswimmer on a sandy bottom in about 9fow.Somedays its just a matter of different presentation and/or different hooks to use.

Jwood 456
03-18-2011, 05:35 PM
Try bouncing mudbugs or something to imitate a backswimmer on a sandy bottom in about 9fow.Somedays its just a matter of different presentation and/or different hooks to use.

Thanks for the whitefish tips buckmaster. I have some fake backswimmers in my tackle box that work great for trout. I will definitely look into using those backswimmers for whitefish fishing as well.:)

lifesaflyin
03-18-2011, 07:33 PM

that bay does have some whites. but dont bother lots of small pike, walleye and a few burbot. there are other places to find them. I only use it as a staging area to drop the sleds and quad. there is tons of fishermen out there but I think its more of an easy access thing. i learned my lesson twice by fishing there. dont bother, lots of better spots.

Dust1n
03-18-2011, 08:04 PM
gold bells work in shallow water over there