PDA

View Full Version : Question about Cold Lake

greywolffan
03-18-2011, 07:16 AM
Hello. I was wondering if people catch any walleye at Cold Lake. I know its famous for its trout but you never read about the walleye in the lake. Is there a certain area to go? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks:scared0018:

Levy
03-18-2011, 12:04 PM
If you go to the Martineau river the day fishing streams and rivers opens up, at about six in the morning you will be one of many fishing for monster walleye. I am yet to land one of the monsters that people go for but i have seen some that looked bigger than my personal best 8 ibs. Friends of mine claim that walleye over 10 ibs aren't uncommon early in the year but the problem is you will fish all day and catch one or two fish. The Martineau river comes from Primrose which is on the cold lake air weapons range and is a great walleye producer and is stocked with a lot of walleye every year. The only other place that i have been told is good for walleye fishing is the east point on long bay but i have only caught pike there.

Daceminnow
03-18-2011, 12:39 PM
Hello. I was wondering if people catch any walleye at Cold Lake. I know its famous for its trout but you never read about the walleye in the lake. Is there a certain area to go? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks:scared0018:

if you want to chase BIG northerns. frenchman bay as soon as you can get out in the spring is a very good bet.

greywolffan
03-18-2011, 12:41 PM
Thanks guys. Will look at the map and see where these areas are. Not too familiar with the lake but would like to get some walleye and forsure a big trout.

critter
03-18-2011, 02:29 PM
Marie lake right next to cold lake apparently has some amazing walleye fishing, altho ive never fished it and im not a walleye fisherman. Id check into it though.