PDA

View Full Version : Say A Prayer.......Volunteer firemen killed in line of duty

FishingMOM
03-18-2011, 09:01 AM
2 lives were lost.

LISTOWEL, Ont. - Two volunteer firefighters have died battling a blaze at a store in Listowel, Ont.
The firefighters were noticed to be missing as the Listowel Volunteer Fire Department battled a fire Thursday afternoon at a Dollar Store in the southwestern Ontario community.
Provincial police say a search of the building revealed that two firefighters had succumbed to injuries sustained while fighting the fire.
Police and Listowel's mayor identified the firefighters as 30-year-old Raymond Walter from Listowel and 56-year-old Kenneth Rea from Atwood
The Ontario Fire Marshal's office is investigating and a spokesman for the North Perth Fire Service said he could not comment on the incident.
Premier Dalton McGuinty released a statement Thursday night expressing condolences to the family, friends and colleagues of the firefighters.
"I was saddened to learn today of the death of two volunteer firefighters in Listowel," McGuinty said.
"Our volunteer firefighters take time away from their families to keep us safe," McGuinty said. "We rely on their selflessness, and today's tragedy is a solemn reminder that we must never take their sacrifices for granted."

simmered
03-18-2011, 09:38 AM
That's some sad news. My thoughts go out to their family and friends.

jts1
03-18-2011, 06:46 PM
I spent some years as a volunteer fire fighter and then moved on to fulltime. Them guys are hero's. My thoughts and prayers go out to the fam and dept of the firefighter.

Ken07AOVette
03-18-2011, 06:55 PM
Thoughts and prayers to the family and friends. Sad day.

lone wolf
03-18-2011, 07:42 PM
Thoughts & prayers for the families of two very selfless individuals.

FlyFishFairwx
03-18-2011, 07:50 PM
thoughts and prayers to those brave souls...

newguy
03-18-2011, 09:10 PM
Rest in peace... I was fortunate to help my county in NS for 3 years as a volunteer FF. Brave men and women who never get the credit they deserve...

berjerkin
03-18-2011, 10:09 PM
what a bummer. say safe out there fellas.

smoky the bear
03-18-2011, 10:20 PM
After 24years of a volunteer FF, it hurts to hear things like that. I didnt want to leave, but I wanted to spend some time with my wife and girls. Seen to much and felt the pain to many times. Thoughts and prayers go out to family and friends....

gl2
03-18-2011, 10:22 PM
very sad indeed....thoughts and prayers to the families.

RIGPIG48
03-18-2011, 10:37 PM
Soldier,Police,Firefighters and a multitude of other volunteers right down to crime watch all give to our communites in a unselfish way with little or no recognition. My condolenses to the family and friends of these heroes.

My God be with you

Rigpig