PDA

View Full Version : Brownlow's (Gull Lake) onshore parking?

Isopod
03-19-2011, 12:58 AM
Hi,
I'm in Edmonton and often meet up with a bud from Calgary for ice-fishing, so we usually meet at Sylvan, sometimes Gull, Pine or Buffalo Lake. We make it out to Brownlow's Landing on Gull Lake once every year or two, and since I have a Honda Accord with about 1 cm of clearance, we typically sled out, parking our vehicles off the road just before we reach the ice. Never been a problem in year's past, but I'm wondering if it is possible this year, with all the snow. Is there any off-road parking available near the lake this year or is it all snowed in deep? We've been to Sylvan a couple times this winter but it's been kind of slow -- March 15 we caught a few whitefish but overall it was slow, so Brownlow's at Gull might be a nice change, but only if there is room to park off-road near the lake access. And "room to park" for my Accord pretty much means a plowed area that has been cleared of snow...

tolait
03-19-2011, 07:17 AM
lots of spots to park. road is in good shape just heading there now.:

PERCHY
03-19-2011, 08:32 AM
you should be able to park on the right hand side just feet away from the lake

Jwood 456
03-19-2011, 09:52 AM
Whats the parking like near wilson's beach?

The brakes on my familly's 4x4 truck locked up last weekend. So now my dad can't take his truck out there.:angry3:

I was wondering if the access was good enough so, I could park close to the lake at Wilson's beach with my FWD car.:thinking-006:

Lazzy
03-19-2011, 02:44 PM
lots of spots to park. road is in good shape just
heading there now.:
Hey just wondering if you could give an update on how the driving is on Gull at Brownlows. Ice still in good shape? Lots of snow? Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Isopod
03-20-2011, 01:08 AM
Thanks for the parking update, may well give it a go this week, whites in Gull always seem bigger than in Sylvan...

wrenchmonkey
03-20-2011, 09:09 AM
there is some parking at the launch at wilsons, not a lot though. decent trail all the way out now too.