PDA

View Full Version : building on ? wholesales sports edm north

-JR-
03-19-2011, 01:52 PM
Been driving past Wholesale sports at the north store in Edmonton and noticed they are building in their parking lot.
Anyone know what they are building

FishingFrenzy
03-19-2011, 02:19 PM
Bass Pro? Ahhh wishful thinking that is..

big-river
03-19-2011, 02:25 PM
I hope it is not a Bass Pro. I have been to the one by Balzac/Calgary. It has been a major disappointment. Lots of empty shelves, poor service and selection.
Hope Edmonton's Cabelas will be better.

honda450
03-19-2011, 02:38 PM
They say thats going to be the new complaint office. Its actually going to be bigger than the store with twice as many employee's to take the complaints than the store, they will be busy. Take a number. hehehe

Homesteader
03-19-2011, 02:44 PM
There may be better stores, but lets face it, there'd be a pile of unhappy campers on here if Wholesale ever closed it's doors, myself included.

P.S. I don't know what there building so for the hijack.

-JR-
03-19-2011, 04:17 PM
They have always been friendly ,they just need to lower their prices.
The worst that could happen is , they will move more product and double their year end !
Store has been realy emty last few times I entered it.
They better do something before Cabela's opens.

greylynx
03-19-2011, 04:21 PM
Like I posted before, holesale has updated their inventory management control system in a massive manner.

Let us wait and see what the UFA COOP has up their sleeve.

leo
03-19-2011, 04:59 PM
Heard it was gonna be another hotel.:scared0018:

bowhunter9841
03-19-2011, 05:10 PM
I am looking forward to cabelas opening, but I do shop at wholesale quite often when I need certain things! I find that paying 5 dollars less for a box of ammo than most of the other stores is kind of nice! And getting a gun for 75-100 bucks cheaper doesn't hurt either! The one thing I have noticed, is that the south common wss is much nicer than the one on the north side! With the exception of some of the cheaper, not so in demand rifles not being in stock all the time. The shelves never seem empty to me! On the other hand, every time I've been to the north side store, the shelves have been bare! I'm just hoping that cabelas being here will bring the prices down a bit more! It's the price of camo that kills me! I just can't bring myself to buy something that cost 300 bucks, when you know the total manufacturing costs were maybe 10-25% of that price! It really ****es me off!

AB RANGER 007
03-19-2011, 05:27 PM
:thinking-006: These foundations are the start of a group of small retail outlets that are needed to complete this area. Some kind of Restaurant/Pizza Shop, Massage Centre, Just use your imagination. Might even be a new Manly Candle Store. :sHa_sarcasticlol:. When the Butler's built this store, the original concept was to include a group of small retail outlets, this is one of the reasons that the parking lot was never finnished. :sign0161:: Rental space = Income.

Bruce.

Alberta Bigbore
03-19-2011, 05:32 PM
Even if Cabelas is going to be here.... I am sure a quality store like P&D. Is not worried about them coming.

-JR-
03-19-2011, 06:08 PM
So when is opening day of Cabela's

double gun
03-19-2011, 06:21 PM
The only reason stores like P&D stay open is because they actually have stock. If Cabelas can keep their store stocked they will do very well. Wholesale will be forced to do the same if they want to compete.

... here is to dreaming.

gramps73
03-19-2011, 07:24 PM
They say thats going to be the new complaint office. Its actually going to be bigger than the store with twice as many employee's to take the complaints than the store, they will be busy. Take a number. hehehe

lol

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
03-19-2011, 09:35 PM
So when is opening day of Cabela's

Not soon enough , the job ad that was in the journal says opeing summer 2011 . Ive heard spring , Summer , Fall . I keep monitering there website weekly . Shouldnt be much longer the place looks done to me .

bearstalker
03-19-2011, 11:56 PM
Yes, it will be a hotel going up beside Wholesale Sports.

fordtruckin
03-20-2011, 10:38 AM
the more the better. Even if I don't buy anything I love shopping around and looking at gear.

827rotax
03-20-2011, 04:19 PM
Nova Builders is building a hotel there. There is going to have a restaurant and lounge but no retail.

7 REM MAG
03-20-2011, 04:50 PM
no matter what quality the store is even one as good as p&d, everyone will be somewhere in the back of their mind worried about anyother stores opening up that sell the same or similar wares. if cabelas opens up and they sell their guns for 100-150 less than the family owned stores people will shop their even if service is worse than the family owned store

BlackHeart
03-20-2011, 07:30 PM
Bought a GPS unit from.....NOT WSS.....gave them the opportunity to just meet a competitors price and they wouldn't budge.....a few dollars is OK but $60 is too much.......why I bothered going back to them is a longer story:mad0030:.

So much for my business there.....no more.

lilsundance
03-20-2011, 07:36 PM
please keep on topic. Does anyone know what they are building there?

We all know what some of you think of the service. But rather than complain here tell management.

NINJABABY
03-20-2011, 09:18 PM
They are building a hotel there.

Nothing to do with the wss store.

End of story.

Thanks

savage shooter
03-20-2011, 11:09 PM
WSS on the north side has stocked ammo (especiall .22) and cleaning supplies HORRIBLY in the past. I find they are better recently. However, their gun counter guys are always so rude and uninformed.

They never, ever, have the gun you're really looking for. 1 month ago they couldn't even show me ANY rifle in 30'06 under $900. LOL!

I find the south side store to have much much much better staff and better stocking too!

HunterDave
03-20-2011, 11:18 PM
They are building a hotel there.

Nothing to do with the wss store.

End of story.

Thanks

Ahhhhh............So it's a HOTEL that they are building then. :D

That ought to do it. :)