PDA

View Full Version : New web site for Great pacific Salmon Lodge

Jamie
03-19-2011, 09:19 PM
Hey guys. Looks like we got our new web site up and running.

Go have a look and feel free to post up any suggestions you may have. We still have some tinkering to do , but we are about 95% done.

This web site BIZ is a ton of work.
You can click on our ad above
or
www.greatpacificsalmonlodge.com

I look forward to your comments.

Jamie

deanmc
03-19-2011, 09:24 PM
Looks great! I will be visiting your lodge one day.:sHa_shakeshout: I also liked you on facebook.

DarkAisling
03-19-2011, 09:27 PM
Looking good :)

Are there any photos of the inside of the lodge? I can't find any on the website. Barring cash flow issues, the one thing that would prevent me from booking at your lodge is not having a really clear understanding of what the interior of the lodge is like.

Sundancefisher
03-19-2011, 09:43 PM
http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/licence-permis/Stats/99tocurrent-jan-11.htm

I hope that you guys get a good share of these licensed fishermen!

Jamie
03-19-2011, 10:43 PM
Looking good :)

Are there any photos of the inside of the lodge? I can't find any on the website. Barring cash flow issues, the one thing that would prevent me from booking at your lodge is not having a really clear understanding of what the interior of the lodge is like.

Dark, only one shot right now and it will be added sometime this weekend.
My issue is that we are in the middle of renos. I used to have lots, but I lost them all in the fire. I did manage to dig up one though and it will be added.

Inside is a post a beam construction with a Cedar ceiling. Open stair case to the top and TONS of windows overlooking the harbour and our hospital Island. (Yes there was a hospital there at one point)

I will let you know when the webby guys put it on.
Thanks for the coment though, please keep them coming.

Jamie

Albertadiver
03-19-2011, 10:48 PM
Looks great Jaimie, I like the contrast in the graphics. Well put together. My wife thought it was well done as well. (she's a graphic designer). I like the black line-based logo with the theme carried through the menu options. The white paper strip boarder around the graphics is attractive as well. Easy to navigate around the site too.

One comment, is I like to see floorplans of accomodations, whether that be the boats you use, or the layout of the lodge. Nothing fancy, but sometimes people like to know what sort of views they have from thier room, is there room to move around the boat, etc? Photos of the property from various angles, a google earth view of where you're located, stuff like that people find interesting. Also, I noticed that your contact info is through gmail on the forum. I use gmail all the time, but for a business, it's very easy/cheap to set up an email address with a personalized domain. Maybe something like bookings@GPSlodge.com or name@greatpacificsalmon.com somthing like that...

I've never been salmon fishing, and although I don't currently have the cash to book a trip, what I like about your operation is the location. (always wanted to head up there) and the boats and accomodations you offer.

Along with this, is that you are a 'known' entity who stands behind your service. For those reasons, if I ever book a trip, it'll be with your shop. All the best this season sir!

Jamie
03-20-2011, 11:17 AM
Looks great Jaimie, I like the contrast in the graphics. Well put together. My wife thought it was well done as well. (she's a graphic designer). I like the black line-based logo with the theme carried through the menu options. The white paper strip boarder around the graphics is attractive as well. Easy to navigate around the site too.

One comment, is I like to see floorplans of accomodations, whether that be the boats you use, or the layout of the lodge. Nothing fancy, but sometimes people like to know what sort of views they have from thier room, is there room to move around the boat, etc? Photos of the property from various angles, a google earth view of where you're located, stuff like that people find interesting. Also, I noticed that your contact info is through gmail on the forum. I use gmail all the time, but for a business, it's very easy/cheap to set up an email address with a personalized domain. Maybe something like bookings@GPSlodge.com or name@greatpacificsalmon.com somthing like that...

I've never been salmon fishing, and although I don't currently have the cash to book a trip, what I like about your operation is the location. (always wanted to head up there) and the boats and accomodations you offer.

Along with this, is that you are a 'known' entity who stands behind your service. For those reasons, if I ever book a trip, it'll be with your shop. All the best this season sir!

Alberta, thanks for the kind words. We would love to see you out there in the coming summers.

I was thinking of just posting this link on the "Boat" part of the web site.
I dont know if it is neccesary to build another page. Any thoughts?

As for the Email addys. Yes we have company based ones on the way.

I can really see your points about photos of the lodge. When I get back out there in a 2 weeks, I am going to see what I can do.

http://www.skagitorca.com/pdf/Skagit.pdf

Please keep the comments coming guys/gals. I really want this to be a top notch site.

Jamie
03-20-2011, 11:41 PM
Dark. There is one inside pic up on the site now.
Just go to the "Lodge" page.
I know I need more. Perhaps when Heidi comes out to see it.

Jamie

Albertadiver
03-21-2011, 08:33 AM
Jamie what you have now is great. The future additions are just going to make it even better.

I like the link to that PDF from the manufacturer. Maybe a brief description of which models of boats you have (size / options etc.) and then the link. That tells tons right there.

You've been a busy guy lately!

DarkAisling
03-21-2011, 08:51 AM
Dark. There is one inside pic up on the site now.
Just go to the "Lodge" page.
I know I need more. Perhaps when Heidi comes out to see it.

Jamie

Nice, clean, and bright.

Questions:

(You don't have to answer these on the forum, they're just things for you to think about.)

I'm assuming that dogs are not allowed (website doesn't say). Are there kennels in the area? Some people (my parents) prefer to kennel their dogs where they're vacationing versus leaving them in a kennel at home.

Hypothetical: My hubby and I are booking a trip to your lodge, but we have to bring our little guy with us. Our little guy is too little to go on the boat, which means one of us will have to stay on shore with him: hubby and I have to alternate our fishing days. Could you accommodate us, and if so, how? Would the fee structure change? Would the lone angler be paired up with a group of two? If we could afford to go this is the situation we'd be facing, but as we can't afford to go it is all hypothetical. :lol: Someone else (with cash in pocket) could be in a similar situation.

What happens if the weather doesn't cooperate, and it is too rough to head out? Partial refund, small credit, or buyer beware?

Jamie
03-22-2011, 12:10 AM
Dark. Thanks for the thoughts. We at Great Pacific Salmon Lodge are trying our best to include everyone and their individual needs.

Please keep the comments coming everyone.

Jamie