PDA

View Full Version : Policemans Flats?

trapshooter
03-20-2011, 12:55 AM
Which does policemans flats fall under? I cannot figure it out.

"from Bearspaw Dam downstream to Western Headworks Diversion (W.H.D.) Weir (including the Elbow River below Glenmore Reservoir).
CLOSED Apr. 1 to May 31 and Oct. 1 to Nov. 30
June 1 to Sept. 30 and Dec. 1 to Mar. 31 – Trout limit 1 under 35 cm; All Trout over 35 cm must be released; Mountain Whitefish limit 5 over 30 cm; Maggots are the only bait allowed and only in the river from Aug. 16 to Sept. 30"

"from the Western Headworks Diversion (W.H.D.) Weir downstream to the Carseland Weir (includes 500 m of the Highwood River) but excluding all waters in the Inglewood Bird Sanctuary (see Inglewood Bird Sanctuary) – Open all year.
Apr. 1 to Mar. 31 – Trout limit 1 under 35 cm; All Trout over 35 cm must be released; Mountain Whitefish limit 5 over 30 cm; Bait Ban"

"from Carseland Weir downstream to the Hwy 24 Bridge (downstream side)
CLOSED Apr. 1 to May 31 and Oct. 1 to Nov. 30
June 1 to Sept. 30 and Dec. 1 to Mar. 31 – Trout limit 1 under 35 cm; All trout over 35 cm must be released; Mountain Whitefish limit 5 over 30 cm; Pike limit 3 (no size limit); Bait Ban"

chubbdarter
03-20-2011, 12:59 AM
"from the Western Headworks Diversion (W.H.D.) Weir downstream to the Carseland Weir (includes 500 m of the Highwood River) but excluding all waters in the Inglewood Bird Sanctuary (see Inglewood Bird Sanctuary) – Open all year.

Braun
03-20-2011, 01:33 AM
just for clarification... the WHD is the weir that is just south of the calgary zoo. the weir is currently under construction to make it so rafters can float over it (stupid IMO). so basically that dividing line is just barely upstream of 17th ave and deerfoot (highway 2)

ps. if anyone cares about whats going on with that project there, here is a link to the plans and all the info:

http://www.undercurrents.ca/resources/articles/25-weir-study-results.html

I think it will end up changing the river alot. alot more free movement for the fish upstream. i think you will start finding bigger fish upstream. calgary can definitely say bye to the flocks of pelicans that come every year to feed there. but what i am curious about is upstream of that weir to the dam is a very small section of river to have separate regs for. does anyone ultimately foresee them changing the bow regs to make it from the bearspaw dam to the caresland weir one section?

Dust1n
03-20-2011, 09:07 AM
i could get too many fish on policeman flats i always get toilet paper :)

Braun
03-20-2011, 12:17 PM
i could get too many fish on policeman flats i always get toilet paper :)

????? make sense much ????????:bad_boys_20:

Photoplex
03-20-2011, 12:39 PM
????? make sense much ????????:bad_boys_20:

I think the same every time he posts :)

Dust1n
03-20-2011, 02:17 PM
couldnt*** the thing that keeps sticking to my hok is ditamoe