PDA

View Full Version : Sub Zero Tundra 4-man ice hut, are they any good?

mudbug
03-20-2011, 04:54 PM
Hi, I'm thinking of buying one of these ice tents and was wondering what kind of experiences other people have had with them first before I get one. Any feedback would be appreciated :)

great white whaler
03-20-2011, 07:09 PM
Hi, I'm thinking of buying one of these ice tents and was wondering what kind of experiences other people have had with them first before I get one. Any feedback would be appreciated :)

i have a 4 man ,lots of room 'two people is comfortably ,can stand up in there to,i find its a little tricky to set up by ones self,,,,,,,lots of carbon fibre rods envolved ' i broke one last week in the ceiling had to replace it ,always take replacements ,i like it

great white whaler
03-21-2011, 03:00 PM
did u get my message ?

FishBrain
03-21-2011, 03:51 PM
I have to 2 man, works great!!
thick windows, big skirt, easy setup, cant complain

Jimboy
03-21-2011, 05:32 PM
They are the BEST

mudbug
03-21-2011, 05:54 PM
did u get my message ?

Nope :(

Could you resend it please :)

mudbug
03-21-2011, 05:56 PM
If I use the gift certificates I have it would only cost about $150.00 new in the box but I can't decide between it or anothre kit style one that I would have to build :thinking-006:

WayneChristie
03-21-2011, 07:12 PM
Im quite happy with mine and it got used hard

kargor
03-21-2011, 07:42 PM
I bought the 4 man a week ago and used it for the first time this weekend , setup was simple , it was snowing and blowing outside and if you didnt look out the window you would not have known , windows are great , heats easily a big improvement over the norseman tent I have been using for 20 odd years. tons of room for 2 or 3 not sure about 4 but could easily see 4 pers if you play with hole placement . Very Happy :sHa_shakeshout:

Bfishin
03-24-2011, 09:26 PM
Excellent shack!!! had mine for 4 years now and used it a lot (not as much as i wanted but lots) best for 2 guys but 3 will fit, 4 people is cramped.

Geezle
03-24-2011, 09:44 PM
If I use the gift certificates I have it would only cost about $150.00 new in the box but I can't decide between it or anothre kit style one that I would have to build :thinking-006:

Buy it! You'll love yourself for it :)

Seriously, the pop-up tents are awesome. They pack down to a reasonable size and are fairly light for easy transport. You can stand it up in less than a minute by yourself, even when it's windy. Throw a heater in on the cold days and you're laughing. Can't say enough good things about these tents, regardless of manufacturer.

The Sub Zero is a good unit, and is a really comfy size for two guys, and not too bad for 3 if you have your holes placed properly. Windows are good material, and the zippers seem sturdy. Really, it's just a rebadged Ice Cube :)